ADVERTISEMENT

TEBOW!

Cutlass275

Feb 28, 2006
Savannah Ga
I hope we can all just let the guy pursue his love of the game and make his living without hammering his every move this time.

I am really pulling for him. Wish him nothing but the best.

If he plays important minutes for Philly, they are in trouble. Good guy, not a quality NFL QB.....not even close

Originally posted by bosoxcock:

If he plays important minutes for Philly, they are in trouble. Good guy, not a quality NFL QB.....not even close
I would agree that mechanically he is challenged but he has a huge heart and desire to win. Don't count him out. Anyway, I am pulling for him.

Originally posted by Cutlass275:
I hope we can all just let the guy pursue his love of the game and make his living without hammering his every move this time.
Ditto. Hey man...heading down to Commerce in about three weeks to smell the nitro. You coming?

Originally posted by SCcocks4ever:

Ditto. Hey man...heading down to Commerce in about three weeks to smell the nitro. You coming?
Hey forever! Well, since I've parked the racecars I've only gone to one race as a spectator, the Gators a few years ago...saw many friends there, hung out and had great times with racing buddies....but I just don't go often since I'm not part of the show.

Right now I'm playing pool on leagues and have done quite well, we are one step away from a free trip to Vegas for the whole team! :)

Actually, I may check the schedule now that you mentioned it...wow, I think I may try to come up for a couple days...you tweaked my memory...:)

Here's a funny story from Commerce. They used to put the jumbotron up on the hill and you could actually watch yourself as you went down the track. About 3rd round I raced a good friend of mine, ex world champion (Allen Peters), we used to park together and travel together alot...anyway, I tree'd him and looked up at the jumbotron and was mesmerized lol...I watched my whole race looking up at that damn screen...not realizing I should look back and yep, sure enough I broke out a few thousandths lol...Damn that jumbotron! But I will say when I launched they zoomed in on me and I could see myself so clearly, down to my hands on the steering wheel! Pretty cool considering 30,000 + could see the same thing!

Now that you mentioned this, I'm gonna check my schedule, I think I'd like to come up...we'll meet up if you want to!

Attached one of the trophies from one of the pool leagues....

League%20winners1_zps5bu9xj24.jpg

Originally posted by bosoxcock:

I do not necessarily agree with this. The guy hasn't even had one full year of starts under his belt! In the few starts he had he brought a team back into playoff contention and then won the first round of the playoffs (steelers).

I think we all agree the SEC is the NFL minor leagues...with the best of the best playing here, both on offense and defense. If I'm not mistaken, Tebow had the highest completion percentage in the history of the SEC when he graduated didn't he? This tells me he is an accurate passer. His heart, toughness, and intelligence has never been questioned, only his accuracy. If he can set the record (at that time) for completion percentage in the SEC, I think he can be a legitimate NFL QB.

With only about 8 or 9 starts under his belt, I do not think there is enough information to make a legitimate judgement on his NFL qualities.

Nice trophy. Hope you get your trip to Vegas. What division did you run? I was assuming Super Gas but was not really sure. Right now I am down for Friday for the first two rounds of qualifying. Hope to catch up with you if you can make it.
LOL about the jumbotron. I catch myself looking at that thing too much also. Speaking of the Gator nats, I assume you saw Larry Dixons "ride" last month. Wow.

Hey forever! Well, since I've parked the racecars I've only gone to one race as a spectator, the Gators a few years ago...saw many friends there, hung out and had great times with racing buddies....but I just don't go often since I'm not part of the show.

Right now I'm playing pool on leagues and have done quite well, we are one step away from a free trip to Vegas for the whole team! :)

Actually, I may check the schedule now that you mentioned it...wow, I think I may try to come up for a couple days...you tweaked my memory...:)

Here's a funny story from Commerce. They used to put the jumbotron up on the hill and you could actually watch yourself as you went down the track. About 3rd round I raced a good friend of mine, ex world champion (Allen Peters), we used to park together and travel together alot...anyway, I tree'd him and looked up at the jumbotron and was mesmerized lol...I watched my whole race looking up at that damn screen...not realizing I should look back and yep, sure enough I broke out a few thousandths lol...Damn that jumbotron! But I will say when I launched they zoomed in on me and I could see myself so clearly, down to my hands on the steering wheel! Pretty cool considering 30,000 + could see the same thing!

Now that you mentioned this, I'm gonna check my schedule, I think I'd like to come up...we'll meet up if you want to!

ec

Nice trophy. Hope you get your trip to Vegas. What division did you run? I was assuming Super Gas but was not really sure. Right now I am down for Friday for the first two rounds of qualifying. Hope to catch up with you if you can make it.
LOL about the jumbotron. I catch myself looking at that thing too much also. Speaking of the Gator nats, I assume you saw Larry Dixons "ride" last month. Wow.

ec
Nooo not super gas...they are glorified bracket cars. I have 2 stock eliminator cars and and 1 super stock car. We do dial in that's true, but when we come up against a car in our own class, it's "first one to the finish line wins" ... just like the pro classes. My stocker was pretty fast under the index with about 20 or so world records along the way (IHRA & NHRA)...

Here's a cool memory for FB fans...I was at Commerce (Atlanta) when Dante (Dan) Pastorini won his first ever (and only?) top fuel race! I talked to him in the pits, a very nice guy! This was after he retired from the NFL of course.

Also at Atlanta (Div 2 NHRA) I was there when Jerry Glanville (X Atlanta Falcons coach) made his racing debut. He ran in super street, (the lowest class in NHRA dragracing) with the ugliest car I have ever seen on a dragstrip lol. It was a Ford Torino, black of course, with no front bumper. Bill Elliott built the car...Glanville couldn't drive a lick! lol

BTW, I met Larry Dixon in Bristol a few years ago, he was driving the Miller High Life Top fueler...my friend won Super Stock and we were in line for pictures...Dixon and the top fuel crew took FOREVER to get everybody grouped up for their pics...somebody with us yelled....'HEY LARRY YOU OWE US SOME BEER!"..... So as we were just getting done with our pictures for the magazines etc Larry comes driving up in a little tow car with about 6 cases of beer in the trunk! He was sooo cool, we all opened some right there and he and us just sat there drinking....Good guy.

Tebows lack of success has less to do with his mechanics and more to do with his lack of ability to read a NFL defense and go through his progressions. It's the same with all of those spread QB's, especially Urban Meyer QBs.

Im pulling for Tebow, hes a great guy. He should quit pouring his faith down peoples throats and just be a QB when it's game time. People know what he's about, and that's awesome, now he needs to focus on his job if he wants a chance.

His work done outside of the playing field is Saint-like, he doesn't need to keep reminding people everytime the camera is on him. It's ok just to be an NFL player sometimes, hopefully he'll figure that out.

Originally posted by umdterpcock:
Tebows lack of success has less to do with his mechanics and more to do with his lack of ability to read a NFL defense and go through his progressions. It's the same with all of those spread QB's, especially Urban Meyer QBs.

Im pulling for Tebow, hes a great guy. He should quit pouring his faith down peoples throats and just be a QB when it's game time. People know what he's about, and that's awesome, now he needs to focus on his job if he wants a chance.

His work done outside of the playing field is Saint-like, he doesn't need to keep reminding people everytime the camera is on him. It's ok just to be an NFL player sometimes, hopefully he'll figure that out.
Reading defenses is definitely not his problem

He doesn't not have an NFL arm to make the tight throws, Period.

Originally posted by umdterpcock:

He does not pour his faith down peoples' throats. The media constantly asks him faith questions, and he is not embarrassed to be honest about his faith. Personally, I think he is very refreshing in our current culture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT