ADVERTISEMENT

Tee Martin fired by Southern California!

Maybe Dabo will give him a job

If an opening happens, which it may with either, Brandon Streeter (offensive Coordinator gig) or Tony Elliot ( UNC), I wouldn't mind seeing Tee Martin at Clemson. He is well thought of in recruiting circles on the west coast and won a National Championship while at TN. If Dabo liked him, I would be good with that.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
Isn't Tee's son at Clemson? Amari Rodgers, I would think Tee at Clemson has great chance

vols lost their OC, I'm sure Fulmer would like to see Tee at that job.

It's probably a good time for Tee to hit the market

There may be some bad blood on "one side" of the Fulmer -Tee relationship. Many thought , he should have gotten an interview for the opening that Pruitt got. Not that he would have necessarily gotten the job, but an interview of the OC at USC, that was the QB that brought UT a Natty would have been a good thing from relationship stand point.

Reactions: Gradstudent
He had to be pretty bad at offensive coordinating for Helton to fire his best recruiter. Indeed, the Trojans underperformed on offense this season.

I would be surprised if UT or Clemson would offer him OC. Maybe just the title.

He seems more of a fit at a NC State-level school.

There may be some bad blood on "one side" of the Fulmer -Tee relationship. Many thought , he should have gotten an interview for the opening that Pruitt got. Not that he would have necessarily gotten the job, but an interview of the OC at USC, that was the QB that brought UT a Natty would have been a good thing from relationship stand point.

All true, but nothing changes your perspective faster then being unemployed, when you want to be employed.

Not that I have any experience with being employed, I prefer to stay in grad school forever.

He had to be pretty bad at offensive coordinating for Helton to fire his best recruiter. Indeed, the Trojans underperformed on offense this season.

I wasn't thinking Clemson would offer him an OC title. More likely a position coach if Brandon Streeter leaves , or if Tony Elliot leaves his Co-offensive coordinator slot , maybe Tee becomes QB Coach/ Recruiting Coordinator and Jeff Scott becomes the singular OC with some Asst HC title. I believe Jeff Scott is Dabo's successor BTW. I need to write this up formally and get it sent over to Dabo now.

I wasn't thinking Clemson would offer him an OC title. More likely a position coach if Brandon Streeter leaves , or if Tony Elliot leaves his Co-offensive coordinator slot , maybe Tee becomes QB Coach/ Recruiting Coordinator and Jeff Scott becomes the singular OC with some Asst HC title. I believe Jeff Scott is Dabo's successor BTW. I need to write this up formally and get it sent over to Dabo now.

Oh, I know you didn't want him as OC. The consensus on Volnation is the same: make him QB or WR coach. IMO, he should leverage his recruiting ability to get another OC gig, which probably means a program will less resources than Clemson or UT. He needs to prove himself as OC. He can always fall back on "recruiting guy," if he bombs again as a coordinator.

Reactions: EssoClub2
Oh, I know you didn't want him as OC. The consensus on Volnation is the same: make him QB or WR coach. IMO, he should leverage his recruiting ability to get another OC gig, which probably means a program will less resources than Clemson or UT. He needs to prove himself as OC. He can always fall back on "recruiting guy," if he bombs again as a coordinator.

I agree with you, if he can get another OC gig. He could also go the route of a HC at a smaller school and try to build his resume that way

Reactions: DarkCock

Funny how you go from being a genius to an idiot in a year or so.

All true, but nothing changes your perspective faster then being unemployed, when you want to be employed.

Not that I have any experience with being employed, I prefer to stay in grad school forever.
You crazy. Grad school is paying to work your ass off. Sure a job sucks--that's why it's called work--but they give you money! It's amazing.

Tee really screwed up at USC. All the talent in the world and he could barely get them lined up correctly.

Muschamp should take a pass unless he is hiring him as a advisor for recruiting.

He lost playcalling midway through the season, so this isn't a surprise to anyone.

I was just reminded of one other thing. Tee is also married to a beautiful actress/model that needs to remain in the LA Market. The TN fan that reminded me of this indicated that was why he did not interview for a position on Pruitt's staff last year.

I was just reminded of one other thing. Tee is also married to a beautiful actress/model that needs to remain in the LA Market. The TN fan that reminded me of this indicated that was why he did not interview for a position on Pruitt's staff last year.

If he's not going to be an OC, then UCLA would be a good place to land. All his experience has been in the Pete Carroll/SoCal style offense. Not exactly the wave of the future. If he goes to UCLA, he can learn under Chip Kelly, stick it to SoCal in recruiting and make his wife happy.

2 things in this thread strike me. 1 . Shouldn’t the Higgins kid want to play for his dad and not the dad wanting to get a job on his kids coattails ? If his dad lands in the Acc. Would he get a release to play for his dad?

2. A tater saying if Dabo says it or likes it then I like it , is an oxymoron . The koolaid is real in Pickens. The only reason most house taters are over hear is to take up for their head clown . We get u worship the dude, no need to proclaim it twice. In the future You can just say Dabo says so. We will understand that u agree

2 things in this thread strike me. 1 . Shouldn’t the Higgins kid want to play for his dad and not the dad wanting to get a job on his kids coattails ? If his dad lands in the Acc. Would he get a release to play for his dad?

2. A tater saying if Dabo says it or likes it then I like it , is an oxymoron . The koolaid is real in Pickens. The only reason most house taters are over hear is to take up for their head clown . We get u worship the dude, no need to proclaim it twice. In the future You can just say Dabo says so. We will understand that u agree

1. Tee Martin is NOT Tee Higgins dad, Tee Martin IS Amari Rogers son. Both are from Knoxville.
2. Duly noted, not sure that "worship" is the correct word, but I believe that he is certainly the best football coach in the state.

1. Tee Martin is NOT Tee Higgins dad, Tee Martin IS Amari Rogers son. Both are from Knoxville.
2. Duly noted, not sure that "worship" is the correct word, but I believe that he is certainly the best football coach in the state.
Tee Martin is Amari Rogers' son ? Clemson has an amazing genetic engineering program.

Reactions: apex73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT