ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Fires DL coach

UT’s Jeremy Pruitt fired Jimmy Brumbaugh,DLine coach for Vols.after UK loss.Brumbaugh took the place of Tracy Rocker after last year.Think Pruitt might have acted prematurely letting Rocker walk?Happy to have Rocker on Gamecocks sidelines.

Happy to have Rocker coaching our guys. Might not have been the “flashiest” hire in the country, but Muschamp knows him well. He’s a steadying, experienced influence on the team.

I imagine Pruitt is feeling a lot of heat from Fulmer and the boosters. For many years now UT has recruited some very good players, but doesn’t seem to have a lot to show for it.

UT’s Jeremy Pruitt fired Jimmy Brumbaugh,DLine coach for Vols.after UK loss.Brumbaugh took the place of Tracy Rocker after last year.Think Pruitt might have acted prematurely letting Rocker walk?Happy to have Rocker on Gamecocks sidelines.

Because at UT, a completely embarrassing defeat can cost someone their job. At Carolina we typically say "wait til next year".

Glad to see you guys take down Allburn! And my Cats took down the Puke Orange! Two historical wins for these programs....Now, if they just don't crap the bed against the rest of their schedules.....

It's shaping up to be a good one between USC an UK at years end!

Because at UT, a completely embarrassing defeat can cost someone their job. At Carolina we typically say "wait til next year".

We struggled on offense, replaced two OC’s, now seem to have a good one.

Our S/C program didn’t seem to be working, we had too many injuries. We replaced the S/C coach. We look better.

Last year’s RB and DL coach weren’t encouraged to stay. Looks like we upgraded this year.

What aren’t you happy with?

One of the most valuable things about assistant coaches: they are easy to fire to try to take the heat off the head coach!

His next step would be to fire either the OC or DC. That usually subdues the mob for a year.

Our S/C program didn’t seem to be working, we had too many injuries. We replaced the S/C coach. We look better.

Last year’s RB and DL coach weren’t encouraged to stay. Looks like we upgraded this year.

Well, I would make two points:

1. One interesting thing about the UT move was the quickness of it and doing it in the middle of the year. For UT to lose at home to UK that bad is humiliating to that program. He may have been a fall guy but it communicates the dept will not accept that type of game.

2. The moves you mention at USC....mostly came after the coach and AD allowed things to go on far too long and at the end of the year. The S&C issues at Carolina have been obvious for years. That change took awhile. The OC issues have been constant since Muschamp came.

How come we don’t go scorched earth on staff after embarrassing defeats? We just shrug our shoulders and go “aw shucks wait till next year” and then sweep it under the rug.
UofSC gets blown out by an average ACC team in a bowl game. And it gets written off by fans as “oooh shucks fellas it was just an exhibition game”. As the University AWARDS the coaches with raises and contract extensions after a failing season.
It seems like we are running things the exact same way since like like the 1800s and expecting different results.

Last edited:

Haven't even thought about the s/c coach ur right, the injuries have slowed down especially the ankle injuries.

Happy to have Rocker coaching our guys. Might not have been the “flashiest” hire in the country, but Muschamp knows him well. He’s a steadying, experienced influence on the team.

I imagine Pruitt is feeling a lot of heat from Fulmer and the boosters. For many years now UT has recruited some very good players, but doesn’t seem to have a lot to show for it.
Pruitt was like their 4th choice for HC. Ole Phat Phil is probably chomping at the bit to get back on the sidelines again. My prediction is that Pruitt will be gone by the end of 21 season if not sooner.

Reactions: wildcatwolverine
Just absurd!! Pruitt probably thinks he gave UK the gameplan because of him and Stoops connection. Figures how else could they have done this to my Mighty Vols at home.....2020, just a crazy year all around! Mississisiisosispiii ST 41-7 over LSU, UK 24-2 over MS ST, SCAR 30-22 over Allburn, Allburn 29-13 over UK, UK 34-7 over UT, UT 31-27 over SCAR and all the other crazy wins and losses around the conference.....No rhyme or reason to the 2020 season!!!
In the words of the Great Daffy Duck.....2020, Sir, You Are Despicable!!!

Last edited:
I mean seriously....(I know this is a Gamecock board), but firing a guy for his D'lines play against the best rush offense in the conference? And at last check #17 in the nation. Anyone may beat Kentucky, but they're gonna get their rushing yards! Surprisingly, Old Misissisisiisippi is #18 in the nation! When the hell do they have time to run the ball?

Pruitt was like their 4th choice for HC. Ole Phat Phil is probably chomping at the bit to get back on the sidelines again. My prediction is that Pruitt will be gone by the end of 21 season if not sooner.
I would love to see another melt down implosion but they literally just gave him 2 more years a week ago before the UK beat down.
I thought Pruit was the 21st pick (😎) I’m sure they will straighten everything out this week hosting Bama

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT