ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee girls look like they back

Every time I watched some of it UT was getting 2 to 3 shots every possession. Half the time it looked like most of the girls dribbling were taking extra steps and no call. They do have some tall girls. USC needs to get get their game together before they play them.

I watched the entire game and thought both teams looked horrid. It was a turnover feast. Tennessee tried their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but Texas would not accommodate them. I lost count of the number of chip shots missed. I believe both teams' shot percentage was in the low 30s. Heck a Tennessee player scored 2 points for Texas. 3 unsportsmanlike fouls - one on Texas and 2 on Tennessee. Texas had difficulty just inbounding the ball.

All in all not a showing either team should be proud of but of course the Tennessee fans will now be convinced they are Final Four bound. Uconn will destroy Texas on Jan.15th. After this showing neither team deserves a top 10 ranking but Tennessee may actually leapfrog us since they just beat the #2 team and are still undefeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawcalcock
I watched the entire game and thought both teams looked horrid. It was a turnover feast. Tennessee tried their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but Texas would not accomidate them. I lost count of the number of chip shots missed. I believe both teams' shot percentage was in the low 30s. Heck a Tennessee player scored 2 points for Texas. 3 unsportsmanlike fouls - one on Texas and 2 on Tennessee. Texas had difficulty just inbounding the ball.

All in all not a showing either team should be proud of but of course the Tennessee fans will now be convinced they are Final Four bound. Uconn will destroy Texas on Jan.15th. After this showing neither team deserves a top 10 ranking but Tennessee may actually leapfrog us since they just beat the #2 team and are still undefeated.

Who will UCONN not destroy? Will we destroy Tennessee is my question

i watched the game and thought both teams were rather bad...Texas Karen Aston is a terrible game manager and coach...Holly Warlick is an idiot...Both teams have a bunch of dribblers that jack up bad shots...Texas is certainly not a top 5 team...If the Longhorns could make a layup or rebound a missed free throw they beat the Vols by 10-15

How many of you saw the cheap shot Mercedes Russell gave the young lady from Texas in the back court...UT inbounded the ball, on the way up the court Russell noticed a Longhorn trailing the ball...She stopped, and backed up into the the Texas player and deliberately took her out...The refs didn't see it..Don't know whether they reviewed it or not...But it should have been a flagrant 2 and an ejection...It was an obvious attempt to injure an opposing player

What??? no pictures???
Nashville-Tennessee.jpg

How many of you saw the cheap shot Mercedes Russell gave the young lady from Texas in the back court...UT inbounded the ball, on the way up the court Russell noticed a Longhorn trailing the ball...She stopped, and backed up into the the Texas player and deliberately took her out...The refs didn't see it..Don't know whether they reviewed it or not...But it should have been a flagrant 2 and an ejection...It was an obvious attempt to injure an opposing player
I agree. Thought it was a very dirty play done deliberately. At the very least it should have been an unsportsmanlike foul with Texas shooting free throws.
Did you notice the 2 easy layups Russell got in transition. She was wide open cause she never crossed mid court on defense. I think she is a lazy player. Anyway IMHO neither team had anything to be proud of in that showing.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Every time I watched some of it UT was getting 2 to 3 shots every possession. Half the time it looked like most of the girls dribbling were taking extra steps and no call. They do have some tall girls. USC needs to get get their game together before they play them.
That's because both teams are UT.

I agree. Thought it was a very dirty play done deliberately. At the very least it should have been an unsportsmanlike foul with Texas shooting free throws.
Did you notice the 2 easy layups Russell got in transition. She was wide open cause she never crossed mid court on defense. I think she is a lazy player. Anyway IMHO neither team had anything to be proud of in that showing.

I concur...Russell is a 6'6" lazy girl with long arms...She gets double double just by standing around in the paint all day...It never gets called but she is always in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds...

That play yesterday was one of the dirtiest you'll see...It's the kind of thing you expect from Matthew Mitchells UK Wildcats

I wasn't overly impressed with either UT or Texas...I do give Texas a break for being without their best player(Joyner Holmes)...But their guards are nothing but braindead dribblers and inefficient jump shooters

I concur...Russell is a 6'6" lazy girl with long arms...She gets double double just by standing around in the paint all day...It never gets called but she is always in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds...

That play yesterday was one of the dirtiest you'll see...It's the kind of thing you expect from Matthew Mitchells UK Wildcats

I wasn't overly impressed with either UT or Texas...I do give Texas a break for being without their best player(Joyner Holmes)...But their guards are nothing but braindead dribblers and inefficient jump shooters
Wow, I'm glad that I didn't watch the game.

Wow, I wanted Texas to win that game as much as anyone but unless they’ve changed the rules in basketball and I missed it, that was a perfect example of setting a hard pick. You always have to “have your head on a swivel” as they say, especially when running full speed in the open court. I used to play basketball and have both set and been the victim of hard picks. Good play, play on!

Wow, I wanted Texas to win that game as much as anyone but unless they’ve changed the rules in basketball and I missed it, that was a perfect example of setting a hard pick. You always have to “have your head on a swivel” as they say, especially when running full speed in the open court. I used to play basketball and have both set and been the victim of hard picks. Good play, play on!

that's total nonsense...Russell stopped and took 2 steps backwards and rammed into the Texas player while moving, she was never set...Anyone that thinks that was a pick just doesn't know much about hoops...The only reason it wasn't called is it was so far behind the play the refs didn't see it...

that's total nonsense...Russell stopped and took 2 steps backwards and rammed into the Texas player while moving, she was never set...Anyone that thinks that was a pick just doesn't know much about hoops...The only reason it wasn't called is it was so far behind the play the refs didn't see it...

I’ll admit that I was casually watching the game and wasn’t listening to the commentators, but from my viewpoint it was a legal play. If she did take steps back and was moving then you are correct. However, I played several years of organized league ball and know quite a bit about hoops. I’m going to try to find the play and do my due diligence on this before making my final verdict! LOL!

They've been recruiting - more than we've been recruiting. That's what worries me. I thought we had them passed for good. I might have been mistaken. Playing without Wilson is months away from becoming a regular thing. Is the program ready for that eventuality?

No. Point is we can’t be satisfied other teams aren’t and they have caught us
Lol no, the poi t is you only ever have anything negative to say, and now you bring one of your old negative posts that you are so overjoyed you can claim has been proven right.

Lol no, the poi t is you only ever have anything negative to say, and now you bring one of your old negative posts that you are so overjoyed you can claim has been proven right.

I’m positive we 1-0 and tater 0-1 for 2018. Chew on dat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT