ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Oct 27 our last chance for a night game?

ExpatCarolinian

Jul 25, 2016
Doubt Chattanooga will rate a night game. Hard to believe we could go an entire season without one night game at Williams-Brice. Hopefully we can at least get the SEC Network night slot for this one.

Don't hold your breath. Tennessee is a dumpster fire and we're not much better right now. Either A&M/Miss. St or KY/MO will get the night slot. I'd plan for noon, again.

Has this happened in the last 30 years?
I would think someone could step in and apply pressure for Tennessee to be a night game.

Maybe they’ll make 12/1 night game. Remember SC vs WVU played the week after the Clemson game was at night in the 90’s. That was before Championship Sunday though. I assume it comes down to TV as always. I’d almost guarantee it wouldn’t be during the SEC game so no 3:30. As I type I figure it’ll be noon. If there is even a game.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Maybe they’ll make 12/1 night game. Remember SC vs WVU played the week after the Clemson game was at night in the 90’s. That was before Championship Sunday though. I assume it comes down to TV as always. I’d almost guarantee it wouldn’t be during the SEC game so no 3:30. As I type I figure it’ll be noon. If there is even a game.
Thanksgiving night that year.

"Tubs of Slaw!" If anyone can identify where that quote comes from, they must be as old as me and deserve a kudo for remembering it.

Has this happened in the last 30 years?
I would think someone could step in and apply pressure for Tennessee to be a night game.

Our esteemed Athletic Director should be, but he's too nice.

You do know he has nothing to do with game times. But don't let that fact get in the way with another bash session.

Kitchenlabs is correct, and unfortunately so. It's not a jab against you, Kitchenlabs, since we both know that game times are decided by the SEC's broadcast partners. Similarly, our game time in Dung Valley is determined by the ACC's broadcast partners.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Let’s be hopeful about the gametime. Looking at 10/27, only 5 SEC games:

UK @ Mizzou
aTm @ MSU
Vandy @ Arky
UT @ USC
UF vs UGA 3:30 CBS

Of the four unslotted games, I would rank aTm at MSU the best matchup, followed by UK @ Mizzou, our game, and lastly, Vandy at Arky. So maybe our game at the 4 pm SEC Network time slot? That would depend on aTm at MSU being on ESPN or ESPN2 at night, and UK at Mizzou at night on SEC Network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT