ADVERTISEMENT

Terrell Owens

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Will not be attending the pro football hof ceremony, the first time an enshrinee has done this(going back to 1963). There are thousands of players just in the nfl who would kill to be in the position of be recognized as one of the all-time greats and Owens just blows it off like it's no big deal, still the same petulant diva he was when he played, I swear if it really doesn't matter to him then there should be nothing wrong with the nfl revoking his selection.

Yea he really showed his true colors here. I wish they would cancel his induction because of it. We all know their will come a day when he is much older that he will regret his behavior. It will happen and he will wish he cherished those moments

Reactions: CarolinaCocky83
Will not be attending the pro football hof ceremony, the first time an enshrinee has done this(going back to 1963). There are thousands of players just in the nfl who would kill to be in the position of be recognized as one of the all-time greats and Owens just blows it off like it's no big deal, still the same petulant diva he was when he played, I swear if it really doesn't matter to him then there should be nothing wrong with the nfl revoking his selection.

NFL tolerated disrespect of our Anthem and flag!! What's wrong with dissing the HOF!!! First Amendment correct?

I’ve never liked the guy, but I’ll play devil’s advocate. Owens is near the top of almost every receiving list. But, he was a jerk and carried some baggage. Plus, he was never a friend to the media. So, for several years, he was denied entrance to the HOF, not because his play didn’t warrant entry, but seemingly because he is not well liked.
I would imagine he doesn’t think he did Anything wrong, and has been punished for being unlikeable to the media. I kind of think players should be voted in based on their performance. His performance was that of a first ballot hall of famer.
I can’t blame him for not showing up.

I’ve never liked the guy, but I’ll play devil’s advocate. Owens is near the top of almost every receiving list. But, he was a jerk and carried some baggage. Plus, he was never a friend to the media. So, for several years, he was denied entrance to the HOF, not because his play didn’t warrant entry, but seemingly because he is not well liked.
I would imagine he doesn’t think he did Anything wrong, and has been punished for being unlikeable to the media. I kind of think players should be voted in based on their performance. His performance was that of a first ballot hall of famer.

If he isn’t in the HoF then the HoF is a joke. I understand he is accused of being a bad teammate, blah, blah blah, but he was a HoF player. He was also very respectful to the players that are in the HoF. I don’t know the politics involved here so I will abstain from further commenting

You are right. He is upset he did not get in two years ago. 1100 catches, 15,000 yds 150+ tds. He should have been inducted his first time up. As a Redskin fan I hated having to play him twice a year. Was the best reciever in the NFL then bar none. Had a very bad leg injury the year the Eagles were in the Super Bowl yet still played and caught a number of passes when most would not have been out there. Like him or not, you really have to respect him as a player. That's what the HOF is all about.

Last edited:
I've been away from sports news and just heard TO isnt going to his HOF induction.
...good , nobody who abuses children, convicted of murdering someone should ever be in the HOF....take the award away from him

..... oh wait, he didnt do any of these things... you mean he played PRO football at a HIGH LEVEL for many years

when are some of you people going to get over yourselves.....

The NFL is dead to me...

This thing with the Eagles pissed me off...

The Eagles said 80 people will attend the White House and gave the names to the Secret Service where they can do background checks prior to showing up. A day or two before showing up, teh Eagles announced only 10 people will show up with a mascot....

It was a bad trick by the Eagles management to embarrass Trump...

You don't embarrass the office of the President, regardless who the President...

I guess 70 of the Eagles have a criminal background....:rolleyes::mad::confused:

I blame Roger Not-so-Gooddell...

I spend an hour to three hours, a day, at the dog park. I enjoy watching the other dogs, as well as my own, romp & play, grow & learn, socialize & mature. I'd probably still go to the park, each day, even if I didn't have a dog.

As I have gotten older, what I have come to realize, is that life is too short for negative attitudes & silly mind games and, that those periods of time that we call 'happiness' are fleeting. I find it difficult not to feel pity, for a man of his ability & talents, and wealth & fame, who has been unable to find peace of mind, within himself, and who punishes himself with anger, hate and distrust.

I, sincerely believe that I am the richer man. Allow him endure his pain the only way he understands.

Reactions: Thigh Man
His name shouldn't even be mentioned moving forward by any of the members. He's always been a tool and obviously still is.

Send the induction to Sterling Sharpe - who would have been in had his career not got cut short by injury?

TO is probably worried that he cannot find anyone to speak in his behalf - and he also has to make a speech thanking people that helped along the way - since he did it all on his own per TO - didn't want to talk.

Reality tv. Someone’s paying him to buck the establishment to make a tv show.

Reminds of the dude(?) from Missouri and draft party he had. All preplanned.

He doesn't want to cry in front of everyone. He also probably can't write or read an acceptance speech. Didn't like him then, don't like him now. He'll be broke soon if he isn't already.

To many WR's from this modern pass happy error already in the HOF,

They need to induct more O and D lineman and such, and get Jim Marshall in by the way, played in 282 consecutive games, ties with most recovered fumbles, 127 sacks back when people didn't pass all the time and ran the wrong way once

please educate yerself on this matter & its history

You know something Jon Snow!

Reactions: Jon Snow
A shame really. Without a doubt one of the best wideouts to ever play. But Owens has always been a little nuts. Even back to his days in college at UTC. So be it. If I am the NFL, you induct him into the hall because he is deserving, but make zero mention of it publicly, or at the ceremony. Just put his bust in the hall and never mention it.

The NFL is dead to me...

This thing with the Eagles pissed me off...

The Eagles said 80 people will attend the White House and gave the names to the Secret Service where they can do background checks prior to showing up. A day or two before showing up, teh Eagles announced only 10 people will show up with a mascot....

It was a bad trick by the Eagles management to embarrass Trump...

You don't embarrass the office of the President, regardless who the President...

I guess 70 of the Eagles have a criminal background....:rolleyes::mad::confused:

I blame Roger Not-so-Gooddell...

Why would anyone bother trying to embarrass Trump when the man does such a good job of that on his own? Did you see his half-assed, smirking attempt to sing God Bless America while not bothering to learn the words? Talk about disrespecting the USA and the Office of the President..

Reactions: Out of Conference
Why would anyone bother trying to embarrass Trump when the man does such a good job of that on his own? Did you see his half-assed, smirking attempt to sing God Bless America while not bothering to learn the words? Talk about disrespecting the USA and the Office of the President..

So tell me how you really feel?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT