ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M, you just can't make this stuff up any sillier

And what makes you think our players wouldn’t do this if they could? I don’t see anything silly. I see 18-21 year old boys being 18 year old boys.

Reactions: redrogers
Well, I am a Texas Longhorn fan. We beat them last time we played them. Scoreboard. Plus we have an overall 76-37-5 record against them.

Which always makes me wonder why you hang out on an S.C. board. I’m not complaining, good poster...just saying I must have missed the back story as to why a Longhorn fan is on Gamecock Central.

Which always makes me wonder why you hang out on an S.C. board. I’m not complaining, good poster...just saying I must have missed the back story as to why a Longhorn fan is on Gamecock Central.

I was a big Muschamp fan when he was at Texas. I came here about five years ago when he was hired to give y'all my perspectives, both his good and his bad. I correctly predicted offense would be his downfall, unless he got an offensive coordinator who had the gravitas to tell him to stay away from offense. He is a great person (has an even better wife), a good recruiter (he should thank Mack Brown for teaching him that), is intensely focused on football, the players love him and he can coach defense. But even when a DC/head coach in waiting at Texas, there were complaints he needed to keep his nose out of the offense.

I just stayed because it was interesting to see perspectives about the country, the NCAA and the SEC from a viewpoint different than through a Texas lens. I also love Texas college baseball and SC is truly a great college baseball school with very knowledgable baseball fans. There is a smaller group of hardcore Texas fans who are good baseball fans, but to be honest, Texas is a football school and everything else is secondary. The fans follow football passionately and baseball is just a sidelight, not an obsession. So talking college baseball here is fun (not lately of course). I was amazed to see SC fans here still talk about Huston Street from the 2002 WS, as I would doubt many Texas fans could name an SC player (or any other team's player) from that long ago.

I try to avoid posting Texas stuff here unless it relates to a common recruit, opponent, conference events, coaching changes, etc. And I do get information here that wouldn't be on Orangebloods (e.g. a more mixed/negative review of Coleman Hutzler). Anyway, I hope I am not too irritating to Gamecock fans. I wish we could play each other sometime, maybe in a bowl. Or a college world series.

I was a big Muschamp fan when he was at Texas. I came here about five years ago when he was hired to give y'all my perspectives, both his good and his bad. I correctly predicted offense would be his downfall, unless he got an offensive coordinator who had the gravitas to tell him to stay away from offense. He is a great person (has an even better wife), a good recruiter (he should thank Mack Brown for teaching him that), is intensely focused on football, the players love him and he can coach defense. But even when a DC/head coach in waiting at Texas, there were complaints he needed to keep his nose out of the offense.

I just stayed because it was interesting to see perspectives about the country, the NCAA and the SEC from a viewpoint different than through a Texas lens. I also love Texas college baseball and SC is truly a great college baseball school with very knowledgable baseball fans. There is a smaller group of hardcore Texas fans who are good baseball fans, but to be honest, Texas is a football school and everything else is secondary. The fans follow football passionately and baseball is just a sidelight, not an obsession. So talking college baseball here is fun (not lately of course). I was amazed to see SC fans here still talk about Huston Street from the 2002 WS, as I would doubt many Texas fans could name an SC player (or any other team's player) from that long ago.

I try to avoid posting Texas stuff here unless it relates to a common recruit, opponent, conference events, coaching changes, etc. And I do get information here that wouldn't be on Orangebloods (e.g. a more mixed/negative review of Coleman Hutzler). Anyway, I hope I am not too irritating to Gamecock fans. I wish we could play each other sometime, maybe in a bowl. Or a college world series.
You're a welcome poster here. Like you, I also enjoy a non-trolling outside opinion on things.

“irritating”.......You’re one of the better posters on this board.

Wow you don't often see this much dirty laundry aired in public. A&M Chancellor with a shot across the A&M President's bow. In the A&M System, the Chancellor is the President's immediate boss.

vFXRGKQl.jpg

Post whatever you want Texas or otherwise. You've earned your cred. Don't hold back . I enjoy your posts.

You bring a different perspective and its nice to have that on the board

Last edited:
Wow you don't often see this much dirty laundry aired in public. A&M Chancellor with a shot across the A&M President's bow. In the A&M System, the Chancellor is the President's immediate boss.

vFXRGKQl.jpg
Both these men make over $1M per year. Seems like they would try to stay away from public scrutiny.

Hey I'm PC all day everyday ! So I will say it..........."Not that there's anything wrong with that"

Both these men make over $1M per year. Seems like they would try to stay away from public scrutiny.

There is a lot of politicking going on with that letter and things behind the scenes going on. The Chancellor is a former state senator and Texas Comptroller, so a skilled politician. He didn't fire off that letter in a rage or fit of pique. It was a carefully calculated move and carefully released to the media.

There was a bumper sticker popular in Saluda County, SC that read "Texas Started Here". William Barret Travis and James Butler Bonham grew up in Saluda County and both were heroes of the Alamo. Travis and Jim Bowie were co-commanders of the fort and seven of South Carolina's bravest gave their lives at the Alamo. In 2017 a bill was introduced in the SC Legislature to create an Alamo monument on our State House grounds.

Many of my relatives in Pickens County were farmers in the late 1800's. When good farming land was practically being given away in the Denton Carollton area four of my great uncles moved there. I can remember as a child attending family reunions in the mountains above Pickens. We were always excited when our "Texie" kin arrived. In the 1950's with no interstates driving from Texas to SC would take several days but my uncles never forgot their South Carolina roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zann77 and SCspur1

I still have “Tower Girl” bookmarked, and I’ll check on her today as matter of fact!

vFXRGKQl.jpg
Battleship, have you seen any updates or responses to this? It’s pretty crazy how direct this letter was, it seems like it could definitely rustle some feathers here and there.

No worries if not, I’m just curious ha

Reactions: 803blf
She’s had multiple eggs I know, and I assumed she’s had chicks. That’s a shame.

We aren't sure if she has had trouble getting them fertilized (she has had plenty of boyfriends hang around) or if she isn't keeping them warm enough. Or maybe it is genetic or maybe it is our fault we just aren't patient enough as she is still relatively young.

Reactions: redrogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT