ADVERTISEMENT

Texas lifts mask mandate and is wide open

IMO, the story should have always been to shelter the elderly and release the young.

Most Americans treat their car better than their body - spending over 95% of their time indoors in front of radiation and blue light {LCD TVs, computers, WIFI, 5g, etc } living in low oxygen environments {hypoxia} with very little natural light {sun} on their bodies.

This is the anti-thesis of our ancestry.

If you're under 60 and don't have genetic predispositions {which they don't test for because this is one of the biggest cash grabs in the history of our country}, there's absolutely no reason why you would need the virtually untested, magical "vaccine."

Infection Risk:
ABO
ACE2
AHSG
CCL2
CD209
DPP9
FGL2
IFNG
IL2
IL6
IL10
MBL2
MX1
OAS-1
TMPRSS2

Respiratory Infection Outcomes:
rs11385942
ABO
ADIPOQ
AGER
AHR
AHSG
CD209
CYP1A1
DPP9
EGF
FAAH
FCGR2A
FGL2
IFNG
IL4
IL6
IL8
IL10
IL13
IL17a
IL18
MAP3K1
MX1
MYD88
NFE2L2
NOS3
PI3
SELPLG
TLR4
TNF
VEGF

"feeble2001,35"]
Our country doesn’t care to solve those issues non pandemic why all the sudden during the pandemic do we care?

Studies have shown since the 90s that police officers are MUCH more likely (up to 15 times more) to commit domestic violence - nothing done about that. Do you have any evidence much could be done? People who are around violence all day have a hard time separating out their personal lives. How do you change that?

Mental health has been a joke for a very long time in our country and it’s constantly defunded. We used to have pretty good facilities for mental health, but in the 1970s the ACLU sued to let mentally ill people out of the facilities and many were shut down and spending vastly reduced. See below (note my link is to the ACLU website bragging about that "victory" in shutting down mental institutions):

Social services is criminally understaffed and under funded. Proof that social services does any good?

Spearheaded by the New York Civil Liberties Union's (NYCLU) Mental Patients' Rights Project, the shuttered world of people confined because of mental illness and developmental disabilities was one of the next major enclaves targeted for legal action. Bruce Ennis, Director of the Project, was a prime participant in several landmark cases that became the highpoint of the civil rights movement for people with mental disabilities. In Wyatt v. Stickney (1972) and Wyatt v. Aderholt (1974), Ennis challenged the conditions of hospitalization for those with mental illness and developmental disabilities, leading to significant reductions in the institutions' populations;

Well, people are going to be "coming out" in the near future per Dr. Jenn Ashton. To paraphrase her, we need to get back to normal quickly because the American people are not into these type of restrictions long term.
It was that way in the past, but people who have never really experienced freedom of the past will comply with whatever the democratic politicians and media want them to do. President Trump wanted more freedom for the American people but the Left and the media hated him so much they demanded less freedom.

"feeble2001,35"]
Our country doesn’t care to solve those issues non pandemic why all the sudden during the pandemic do we care?

Studies have shown since the 90s that police officers are MUCH more likely (up to 15 times more) to commit domestic violence - nothing done about that. Do you have any evidence much could be done? People who are around violence all day have a hard time separating out their personal lives. How do you change that?

Mental health has been a joke for a very long time in our country and it’s constantly defunded. We used to have pretty good facilities for mental health, but in the 1970s the ACLU sued to let mentally ill people out of the facilities and many were shut down and spending vastly reduced. See below (note my link is to the ACLU website bragging about that "victory" in shutting down mental institutions):

Social services is criminally understaffed and under funded. Proof that social services does any good?

Spearheaded by the New York Civil Liberties Union's (NYCLU) Mental Patients' Rights Project, the shuttered world of people confined because of mental illness and developmental disabilities was one of the next major enclaves targeted for legal action. Bruce Ennis, Director of the Project, was a prime participant in several landmark cases that became the highpoint of the civil rights movement for people with mental disabilities. In Wyatt v. Stickney (1972) and Wyatt v. Aderholt (1974), Ennis challenged the conditions of hospitalization for those with mental illness and developmental disabilities, leading to significant reductions in the institutions' populations;

I think I know what you are asserting, but did the quote at the beginning of the post get chopped off somehow?

I got my info from the CDC not SNL and facts is facts I'm not concerned with the stories of where they have been...lol. For every Dr. who tells you masks work there's another saying they don't. Let me choose since they don't really know. P.S. GO GAMECOCKS
Yeah a simple statistics class would show you that the details and methods of a study are very important. I have no idea what practicing physicians are saying masks don’t work. Are they 100%? No, do they help, yes.
One medical theory is that Covid and flu compete for human lodging places, and that this particular year, one virus suppressed the other by finding more hosts sooner.
Flu is also transmitted in much larger droplets than CoVID, which are almost completely blocked by a mask. COVID has a higher likelihood of turning into an aerosol from cough and sneezing making the traditional face mask or surgical mask helpful but as John Hopkins found about 67% effective. Which 67% is better than 0%.

And yet if everyone had acted responsibly in early 2020, we would have been out of this mess before this past summer.
I am not sure this is correct. If we had masked and hidden, the numbers would have gone down but somewhere there would have been carriers and there would have been a second wave and a third and so on. The only way it could be defeated is through herd immunity. Basically that’s where we are going now. Why did the bubonic plague end? Lack of people to infect. Herd immunity. Vaccines are helping us achieve that. I gladly took my first dose and will take my second next week. One less person to catch it or to carry it.

of course is just my opinion and i have no science to back it up but it is plausible

I am not sure this is correct. If we had masked and hidden, the numbers would have gone down but somewhere there would have been carriers and there would have been a second wave and a third and so on. The only way it could be defeated is through herd immunity. Basically that’s where we are going now. Why did the bubonic plague end? Lack of people to infect. Herd immunity. Vaccines are helping us achieve that. I gladly took my first dose and will take my second next week. One less person to catch it or to carry it.

of course is just my opinion and i have no science to back it up but it is plausible

Yeah, I don't know where he gets that idea. It isn't from science. The reason for the masks was to slow the process down, so the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed. It was never, never to stop the pandemic. In no way was it to get "out of this mess" earlier, in fact, the opposite was the intention. To string it out longer for the benefit of the hospitals and to reach the time we had vaccines.

I've found it interesting that in the past during peak flu periods you could go into virtually any doctor's office or pharmacy and no one would be wearing a mask. I guess there are pseudo-arguments; droplet size, transmission ratio, blah blah. The ones that buy into the non-stop drama, not just masking but the whole presentation, have bought in completely; they will never come out imo. I wear a mask but its just to conform; I have no belief that doing so will "protect me" or anyone else. As someone upthread stated, its a biological entity; its going to do what its going to do and we can't mask or social distance ourselves away from it.

There are a few good things that have come out of this and one is that I think the traditional buffet is history.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
...Flu is also transmitted in much larger droplets than CoVID, which are almost completely blocked by a mask. COVID has a higher likelihood of turning into an aerosol from cough and sneezing making the traditional face mask or surgical mask helpful but as John Hopkins found about 67% effective. Which 67% is better than 0%.
I have been wearing masks from the outset of this pandemic and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It's intuitive to me that physical barriers could be helpful in retarding spread. But the story behind Covid, and indeed all viral epidemics, is much more comprehensive. Take a look at this piece. I didn't cut and paste it due to its length, but you might find it thought-provoking.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
"feeble2001,35"]

Do you know the treatments and conditions of mental health facilitiess in the 70s? They wanted them shut down because they were not mental health facilities they were glorified torture prisons.

I think this is a quote from the same source you did? “ Filthy conditions and questionable medical practices and experiments prompted Senator Robert Kennedy to call it a 'snake pit.' Public outrage grew after broadcast journalist Geraldo Rivera exposed the abhorrent conditions in a video showing developmentally disabled children lying naked on the floor, many of them in their own feces. ”

How do you keep police officers from hitting their families? Pretty simple stop teaching them tactics to resort to violence as the first step. If you’re trained to be a hammer then every problem looks like a nail including your wife

There are plenty of studies the problem of social services are simply they try to do too much with too little funding. Here is one study https://www.cbpp.org/research/pover...rograms-help-low-income-children-succeed-over

You eating fatty food doesn’t give me heart disease when I stand next to you in line
You shouldn’t stand in line then. Stay home. You stand a good chance of getting into a car wreck with the person driving next to you but you still drive, right!?? Maybe you should just roll yourself up in a protective cocoon and let the rest of us go about our lives.

Reactions: bflogger28
I have been wearing masks from the outset of this pandemic and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It's intuitive to me that physical barriers could be helpful in retarding spread. But the story behind Covid, and indeed all viral epidemics, is much more comprehensive. Take a look at this piece. I didn't cut and paste it due to its length, but you might find it thought-provoking.
Really interesting article, thanks for sharing. I did read a study that stated that COVId was more likely to aerosolize through coughing and sneezing as than the flu would. I’ve worn an N95 since the beginning of the pandemic for that reason while at work.

Reactions: king ward
You shouldn’t stand in line then. Stay home. You stand a good chance of getting into a car wreck with the person driving next to you but you still drive, right!?? Maybe you should just roll yourself up in a protective cocoon and let the rest of us go about our lives.
Lol okay

It was that way in the past, but people who have never really experienced freedom of the past will comply with whatever the democratic politicians and media want them to do. President Trump wanted more freedom for the American people but the Left and the media hated him so much they demanded less freedom.
IMO, Trump could not care less about the American people unless an American people could benefit him in some way. Do not misconstrue this into thinking that I am a big Biden supporter.

Reactions: Dizzy01

From what I have heard, these vaccines do not necessarily reduce the chances of one who has been vaccinated from spreading it to others. The vaccine either prevents one from contracting the virus, or reduces its efficacy in that person. Generally speaking, the chances of spreading it to others is reduced by continuing to make up and keep your distance.

From what I have heard, these vaccines do not necessarily reduce the chances of one who has been vaccinated from spreading it to others. The vaccine either prevents one from contracting the virus, or reduces its efficacy in that person. Generally speaking, the chances of spreading it to others is reduced by continuing to make up and keep your distance.
That’s what we originally thought. We are finding now that vaccinated people who come in contact with the rise don’t have enough of the virus to be contagious.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT