ADVERTISEMENT

Texas lifts mask mandate and is wide open

Why do I get the feeling the governor of Texas is using this mandate as way to take the pressure off the fallout from the Energy Crisis ? (diversion)
Texas is less than 8% vaccinated, with J & J vaccine rolling out it's product, would seem to make more sense to just wait another 6-8 weeks.

Apparently they (and Mississippi) feel that the pandemic is over. Can we have their allotment of vaccine then?
We opened up before they did... by just one day, but still- the only step our state did not take was the removal of mask mandates.

This is what happens when the vaccines WORK as advertised and the effective number of new cases per day is cut literally IN HALF in the manner of a few weeks. If this keeps up, we will be at 0 by June. (It is Not sustainable at this pace obviously, just saying)

Reactions: DetroitCock
They can't handle a little cold weather, did you really expect their response to a global pandemic would be all that great? lol

Why do I get the feeling the governor of Texas is using this mandate as way to take the pressure off the fallout from the Energy Crisis ? (diversion)
Texas is less than 8% vaccinated, with J & J vaccine rolling out it's product, would seem to make more sense to just wait another 6-8 weeks.

The NY Times reports as of today, 12.9% of Texas' population has received at least one dose. We're at 14.8% here in SC.

Reactions: SparkleCity
Well Mexico handled covid much better than us so no harm no foul
They did? How many vaccines did they make? If I'm not mistaken Mexico's vaccine is shipped in from Russia. I seriously doubt they tested for covid like the U.S or even know the total death count for covid. Just throw it on the wall and see what sticks!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
And if you buy that I got ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you. I have been to Mexico, I have seen how they live and how the government operates. No way they are organized enough to “handle this” better than we could. That’s not a knock towards their way of living, I love Mexico but no way.

I have family in Humble, TX outside of Houston. Results are not much different there than other parts of the country that have been more restricted. They have been in school 5 days a week in public school since Labor Day. Richland 1 and 2 in Columbia are still trying to get their head around how they can manage to get back.

Wife is vaccinated. Teenage son should be Group 1b since he works at a fast food restaurant. I’ll keep waiting until my turn. I won’t change my behavior much. Missed the age cut off for the next group by a little.

And if you buy that I got ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you. I have been to Mexico, I have seen how they live and how the government operates. No way they are organized enough to “handle this” better than we could. That’s not a knock towards their way of living, I love Mexico but no way.
I agree yet they have

Yeah hate to be that guy but it’s not far fetched. Our men’s basketball team hit the crapper Covid wise after a trip to Houston.
You do realize South Carolina has a higher case rate per capita than Texas, so using that logic U of H was probably more concerned about us coming into town.

Uhhh.....I live here in Mexico. No they haven't! As reported above they have not manufactured any vaccines and the ones they do have are just now arriving from Russia and China. Lockdowns are inconsistent. Borders are wide open in hopes of attracting as many tourists as possible. Money is the driver behind all of the decisions being made....not science. Helter skelter here!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT