ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Player Quit The Team In The Middle Of Game

USC75Grad

Sep 8, 2015
"Texas Longhorns safety B.J. Foster reportedly quit the team Saturday during the game against UTEP. According to Anwar Richardson, Foster quit the team during the third quarter as the Longhorns were blowing out UTEP. However, he then met with the coaches Sunday, and decided to remain with the team. Richardson reported that coaches are meeting Monday to “to discuss Foster’s immediate future” with the Longhorns."

You gotta bench him. You may not be able to dismiss him, but you can sit his ass until it's full of splinters.

He was mad primarily because he wasn't starting. Given the conference games are beginning, benching him isn't very hard, he didn't start anyway. Kid has a temper, already missed time for injuring his hand smashing it aganst a brick wall.

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
He was mad primarily because he wasn't starting. Given the conference games are beginning, benching him isn't very hard, he didn't start anyway. Kid has a temper, already missed time for injuring his hand smashing it aganst a brick wall.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like... His butt was hurt sitting on the bench....

I agree. Even sitting him on the bench may be more of a problem with him stirring up trouble with some of the other players.

Right or wrong, talent trumps attitude...particularly in college, where mediocre coaching can win a lot of games just by stacking talent on the roster.

"Texas Longhorns safety B.J. Foster reportedly quit the team Saturday during the game against UTEP. According to Anwar Richardson, Foster quit the team during the third quarter as the Longhorns were blowing out UTEP. However, he then met with the coaches Sunday, and decided to remain with the team. Richardson reported that coaches are meeting Monday to “to discuss Foster’s immediate future” with the Longhorns."

A sign of the times.

Reactions: Cybercock
This is much to do about nothing. Folks every kid in every program thinks they should be starting, even when 82,500 could tell them they couldn’t start at Texas Southern, much less UT. Every coach goes through the preseason saying all positions are open. Heck, we haven’t even announced a starting QB yet even though we have a returner at the position. Then kid starts seeing the writing on the wall when he’s not playing in a blowout win against UTEP. Realizes he will be lucky to play when they’re up 70 against Kansas.

This is much to do about nothing. Folks every kid in every program thinks they should be starting, even when 82,500 could tell them they couldn’t start at Texas Southern, much less UT. Every coach goes through the preseason saying all positions are open. Heck, we haven’t even announced a starting QB yet even though we have a returner at the position. Then kid starts seeing the writing on the wall when he’s not playing in a blowout win against UTEP. Realizes he will be lucky to play when they’re up 70 against Kansas.
I don’t disagree but the timing of it is why I would show him the door. He quit during a game! During a game!

I don’t disagree but the timing of it is why I would show him the door. He quit during a game! During a game!

I definitely agree. Not sure I would keep him around because he is basically saying he is better than the team and the guys out there. Does not surprise me the coaches are trying to work it out either. You’re just one injury or corona outbreak from being out there. Maybe a couple since he may be 3rd string.

I definitely agree. Not sure I would keep him around because he is basically saying he is better than the team and the guys out there. Does not surprise me the coaches are trying to work it out either. You’re just one injury or corona outbreak from being out there. Maybe a couple since he may be 3rd string.

He is a talented kid who started a lot of games last year and played several games when the team needed him to with an injured shoulder. Was quite the trooper. He is no malingerer, he plays hard and practices hard. So that probably factored in to the forgiveness. But he has had hand and shoulder injuries and one Texas safety is already all conference and another healthy guy is just playing lights out at the other safety position. That was his frustration, blocked by two guys his classification or younger. This is a guy who was No 57 on the Rivals 2018 top 100, so he may feel like a failure not starting. He is defintiely our third best safety when healthy and if he had patience would certainly get playing time, lots if an injury occurred.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
He is a talented kid who started a lot of games last year and played several games when the team needed him to with an injured shoulder. Was quite the trooper. He is no malingerer, he plays hard and practices hard. So that probably factored in to the forgiveness. But he has had hand and shoulder injuries and one Texas safety is already all conference and another healthy guy is just playing lights out at the other safety position. That was his frustration, blocked by two guys his classification or younger. This is a guy who was No 57 on the Rivals 2018 top 100, so he may feel like a failure not starting. He is defintiely our third best safety when healthy and if he had patience would certainly get playing time, lots if an injury occurred.

I’ll be the first to admit I don’t follow Texas that closely. Can tell by your screen name and the knowledge you do.

It’s hard on the kids. People forget that for a lot of these kids this is the first time they have ever seen the bench. Most have been the stud go to guy for their community. Not excusing it but it needs to be considered.

I always had extra respect for the guys that gutted it out injured. Hard to know if the injuries have caused him to slip or if the program is just recruiting over him. Either way thanks for the insight. I’ll definitely be following it and hope it works out well for the kid and the program.

If he's 18 or over, you don't have a vote, either. You might have some influence, hopefully.
You are absolutely right. I’m looking at it as the way I was raised. My parents dictated past my 18th. And I would listen. In fact, I’m old now and they still dictate

Reactions: king ward
You are absolutely right. I’m looking at it as the way I was raised. My parents dictated past my 18th. And I would listen. In fact, I’m old now and they still dictate
I hear you. If my parents were alive today, what they told me would carry great weight, even as it did for as long as they remained alive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT