ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Aja Wilson. Thread.

A great player that brought home the big trophy. She has the competitive fire every time she walked on the court.

22 should be in the rafters by November. If it isn't, FIRE TANNER!

And a statue in front of the CLA. This kind of player and person are rare and need to be recognized earlier rather than later. Don’t wait for her to be a hobbling old lady. Celebrate her accomplishments and the accolades she brought to your school now!

She is the best to put on a gamecock uniform in any sport. I agree with placing a statue in front of the CLA.

She is AWESOME!!! She WAS our whole team. I am afraid it won't be pretty next year without her.

And a statue in front of the CLA. This kind of player and person are rare and need to be recognized earlier rather than later. Don’t wait for her to be a hobbling old lady. Celebrate her accomplishments and the accolades she brought to your school now!

Yes, that statue needs to happen, ASAP. We can support her whenever her WNBA team plays in Atlanta. We had a nice crowd of Gamecocks there when Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis played in Atlanta last season and we need to do the same when A'ja and Alaina play there this season.

Reactions: DarkCock
Yes, that statue needs to happen, ASAP. We can support her whenever her WNBA team plays in Atlanta. We had a nice crowd of Gamecocks there when Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis played in Atlanta last season and we need to do the same when A'ja and Alaina play there this season.

Can you imagine how good she's going to be in the WNBA when she's not quadrupled teamed every time she touches the ball in the post? Even more so in international/Olympic play, when she'll be surrounded by all-stars.

Love this thread. I was so impressed with her grace and sportsmanship last night. We haven't seen her lose much over the last four seasons. Seeing her last night, in her final collegiate game, in a devastating loss... the way she conducted herself was class personified. She is the best we have produced in either the men's or the women's programs, IMO.

Proud that her #22 will hang forever alongside English's #22. Both Columbia natives.

For anyone interested, you can send her a hand-written note of gratitude at the following address:

A'ja Wilson
c/o USC Athletic Department
1304 Heyward Street
Columbia, SC 29209

One of the best Gamecocks on and off the court. Going to miss her leadership next year. Will she be the #1 pick in the wnba draft?

Watching A'ja play for the last 4 years has been a high point of my 70 plus years as a Gamecock fan. I've never seen anyone have as much joy for the game as she showed, whether for herself or for the team. We have been extremely lucky and I think it has been a symbiotic relationship. If there are any more out there even close to her, I hope Dawn can find them.

So glad Aja decided to stay home and be a Gamecock! I'll bet her family are glad, too! We will never, ever forget she is a Gamecock!!!

I like what you said there, “she IS a Gamecock”, not “was”. She will ALWAYS be a Gamecock! Too many of our “student athletes” quit being Gamecocks when their eligibility ends. I personally believe that is one aspect of our programs that is lacking and it does seem to be getting better lately so I hope that trend continues.

ADVERTISEMENT