ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for asking the question Kornblut....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahs2008

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2006
Finally, someone in the media had the guts to ask the obvious question.

Reactions: 196
I don’t know about any narrative. I saw a man shot 7 times in the back. What did you see?
I saw a man refusing orders from an officer of the law, reaching into a vehicle for something that the officer feared was a weapon. And an officer did what he had to do given the man was a known violent criminal with a current warrant for a violent crime. A man who had already fought with the police only seconds earlier. It’s a tragedy that could’ve been avoided by the victim simply doing what he was told. 100% on the victim for what happened.

I saw a man refusing orders from an officer of the law, reaching into a vehicle for something that the officer feared was a weapon. And an officer did what he had to do given the man was a known violent criminal with a current warrant for a violent crime. A man who had already fought with the police only seconds earlier. It’s a tragedy that could’ve been avoided by the victim simply doing what he was told. 100% on the victim for what happened.

I saw a man shot 7 times in the back......

I don’t know about any narrative. I saw a man shot 7 times in the back. What did you see?
I saw cops protecting themselves because a criminal wouldn’t obey the law and put them in a terrible place by going to his car. If people don’t want to get shot by the cops stop doing crimes and when the law says to do something you do it. This is simple, be freaking accountable.

This guy gets it

I saw a man shot 7 times in the back......

Honestly does it matter where the police shoot a criminal who is not following their directions? He was reaching into the car, they have to assume he was going for a weapon, he was not following their commands, they can legally shoot him in a case like this.

I saw cops protecting themselves because a criminal wouldn’t obey the law and put them in a terrible place by going to his car. If people don’t want to get shot by the cops stop doing crimes and when the law says to do something you do it. This is simple, be freaking accountable.

Yep, you saw that INSPITE OF THERE BEING 3 CHILDREN INSIDE THE SUV, the cop decided it was safer to shoot Jacob Blake 7 TIMES IN THE BACK, despite the fact that his (i.e. Jacob Blake's) 3 KIDS were merely a few feet from the target (i.e. Jacob Blake's spine).

So tell us, should the cop be held "accountable" for deciding to take those 7 shots despite the fact that 3 juveniles were only a few feet from his targets spine, or is it all Jacob's fault??

Further, had Jacob Blake known that the shooter cop was/is so gung-ho INSPITE of the necessary common since required as a responsibility of his position that the safety of the 3 juveniles in question were of no concern to him in the slightest (i.e. Barney Fife), would you opine that Mr. Blake would have even walked towards his 3 kids who were inside his SUV because he's just an old unaccountable hard core criminal??? Hail, no doubt that there's a concern in regards to a common sense issue, however the question is who's a fault for such in this case: Barney "shoot to kill" fife, or his target that he decided to fire his weapon at SEVEN TIMES in his back despite the 3 kids sitting in the car right where his gun was pointed????

Yep, you saw that INSPITE OF THERE BEING 3 CHILDREN INSIDE THE SUV, the cop decided it was safer to shoot Jacob Blake 7 TIMES IN THE BACK, despite the fact that his (i.e. Jacob Blake's) 3 KIDS were merely a few feet from the target (i.e. Jacob Blake's spine).

So tell us, should the cop be held "accountable" for deciding to take those 7 shots despite the fact that 3 juveniles were only a few feet from his targets spine, or is it all Jacob's fault??

Further, had Jacob Blake known that the shooter cop was/is so gung-ho INSPITE of the necessary common since required as a responsibility of his position that the safety of the 3 juveniles in question were of no concern to him in the slightest (i.e. Barney Fife), would you opine that Mr. Blake would have even walked towards his 3 kids who were inside his SUV because he's just an old unaccountable hard core criminal??? Hail, no doubt that there's a concern in regards to a common sense issue, however the question is who's a fault for such in this case: Barney "shoot to kill" fife, or his target that he decided to fire his weapon at SEVEN TIMES in his back despite the 3 kids sitting in the car right where his gun was pointed????

Unless I missed that episode, Barney never shot anyone.

Reactions: Brace1
If you were one of those police officers, what would you do? They felt their lives were at risk and understandably so. If that guy had gotten his hands on a weapon—- those police have to make split second decisions
No doubt...that’s the spin here so let’s roll with it, no? Hell, wondering why all the others didn’t unload their clips also, I mean, if you are gonna do something, do it right. They had no other choice it seems to bring this situation to a much better ending. Probably 21 shots in the back was called for amiright?

Reactions: Gaimcock
people are arguing 2 different things and will never find common ground. forget about warrants and number of shots etc etc. everyone agrees that jacob blake was at a fault to some degree.

real question is about excessive force. is there no other way to subdue a man nowadays without Death, i.e. tackling him, shooting him in the forearm, or inventing some sort of device which tranquilizes these individuals in such a way that precludes death. thats the question.

He wasn't unarmed. He had a knife. And refused to stop and not go into the car.

ScreenHunter_3696-Aug.-24-18.09.jpg

Obviously sarcasm dodges your comprehension.

Calling a cop Barney Fife isn't sarcasm. Sure, it is a lame joke, but doesn't qualify as sarcasm. I was merely expounding on my knowledge of The Andy Griffith Show, while you defend the honor of a vile thug that would be a greater asset to society dead than alive.

people are arguing 2 different things and will never find common ground. forget about warrants and number of shots etc etc. everyone agrees that jacob blake was at a fault to some degree.

real question is about excessive force. is there no other way to subdue a man nowadays without Death, i.e. tackling him, shooting him in the forearm, or inventing some sort of device which tranquilizes these individuals in such a way that precludes death. thats the question.
Or could the criminal do what he's told and not put himself in that situation?

He fought them. They tried to taze him and he avoided it somehow. He brandished a knife, and tried to get into his car.

How much crap and threat to their lives should someone have to deal with at their job?

Or could the criminal do what he's told and not put himself in that situation?
again i think ppl are missing the bigger picture. theres no doubt that resisting arrest is a crime. this phenomenon (resisting arrest) will continue til the end of time. there needs to be an answer to the bigger Q... what do you do with these ppl without killing them.

It’s now known there was a gun in the car, so what else is there to argue? He had a gun and he had a violent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT