ADVERTISEMENT

That loss to Syracuse should keep the Taters out of the final 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they win out I suspect they'd still get in...regardless of what any of us think or want

679035.jpg

If Clemson wins out, they're in. I wouldn't put any money at all on Clemson winning out after last night though. The Pitt loss sent them on a tear last year. Not sure they have the talent or experience, especially under center, to go on the same kind of tear.

Reactions: jeff2001
12-1, ACC Champion, with wins over (probably) five Top 15 teams... They’d most certainly still be in.

I don't disagree that a 12-1, ACC Champ will probably get in; however, I doubt they finish with five top 15 wins. What matter is the final committee rankings. We simply don't know how good Clemson's schedule is until the end of the season. Auburn could be SEC champs with wins over Bama and 2 wins over Georgia or Auburn could finish with 5 losses.

I don't disagree that a 12-1, ACC Champ will probably get in; however, I doubt they finish with five top 15 wins. What matter is the final committee rankings. We simply don't know how good Clemson's schedule is until the end of the season. Auburn could be SEC champs with wins over Bama and 2 wins over Georgia or Auburn could finish with 5 losses.
Like they always say in Pickens, They didnt lose to ´Cuse, they beat themselves and if they played ´Cuse 10 times they would win 9 of them.. Cuse lost to MTSU...

If they win out, they are probably in, if you see more losses from top teams, and I'm pretty sure we will, then they can easily play their way back in.
Wouldn't be surprised if you see if don't see any undefeated teams this year

If they win out, they are probably in, if you see more losses from top teams, and I'm pretty sure we will, then they can easily play their way back in.
Wouldn't be surprised if you see if don't see any undefeated teams this year
IMO, They can get back, but they NO LONGER Control their own destiny.. they need several teams to lose ahead of them.. However, i think NC State wins the ACC..

Reactions: Cock_Donor
IMO, They can get back, but they NO LONGER Control their own destiny.. they need several teams to lose ahead of them.. However, i think NC State wins the ACC..

I heard Desmond Howard or David Pollack, can't remember which, say that "Clemson still controls its own destiny." How do they control their own destiny when there is at least one undefeated team in 4 out of the 5 Power conferences? They need someone to lose, which will probably happen, but the talking heads throw around clichés without thinking about what they are saying.

If it were held today, it would be Bama or UGA (maybe both) Penn St or Wisconsin,Washington and TCU Pickens looking in.. Thus NO Pickens, so they absolutely need someone to Help them out!!!

Reactions: DarkCock
I still say if Bama and Georgia are Undefeated and Bama loses a Nail-biter to UGA in SEC championship, Bama deserves to be in the Four, Lets say the last spot is between a one loss Taters (To syracuse) or a one loss Bama (to the #! team in Country UGA).. NO QUESTION, BAMA gets in..

Reactions: mavcock
I still say if Bama and Georgia are Undefeated and Bama loses a Nail-biter to UGA in SEC championship, Bama deserves to be in the Four, Lets say the last spot is between a one loss Taters (To syracuse) or a one loss Bama (to the #! team in Country UGA).. NO QUESTION, BAMA gets in..
If Bama and Uga go into the SEC-C game undefeated it'll really throw a kink in the selection committees decision.
Of course it will have a lot to do with how many other 1 loss teams are out there, but if it came down to one of those 2 losing in the SEC-C game over Clempson I think there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Reactions: cockofdawn

You're right. Five Top 15 at time of game, not necessarily final rankings. Either way, I do think their schedule will be strong enough to get them in if they’re 12-1

I heard Desmond Howard or David Pollack, can't remember which, say that "Clemson still controls its own destiny." How do they control their own destiny when there is at least one undefeated team in 4 out of the 5 Power conferences? They need someone to lose, which will probably happen, but the talking heads throw around clichés without thinking about what they are saying.
because if they win out, they are in

Negative, They need UGA and Or Bama to lose, Or penn state and or wisconsin to lose, Washaington and or TCU to lose. THEY IN FACT DO NOT Control their own destiny. Hell i see them dropping below a one loss Ohio State after that Clemsoning effort last night.

And if someone else loses...that's not controlling your own destiny.

Sure someone else has to lose, but 5 of the top 6 will play each other, so they WILL lose. All CU has to do is win out.

Sure they do. UGA and Bama play each other. Penn ST, Wisky, and OSU all play each other. The crowd in front of them will take each other out leaving them in the final 4 again if they win their games.

Sure they do. UGA and Bama play each other. Penn ST, Wisky, and OSU all play each other. The crowd in front of them will take each other out leaving them in the final 4 again if they win their games.
I agree. Their loss came early enough in the season that it can be absorbed if they win out. They do not have a cake walk going forward, however.

If you have an undefeated Bama team playing and undefeated UGa team in the SECCG, and the game is a close one, I think you see both make the playoffs. I think PAC 12 is out of it so the wildcard for the ACC to get in this year is the B1G. PSU keeps on keepin' on, I see them getting in over an ACC team. OU wins out, they will be in from the Big XII.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
If you have an undefeated Bama team playing and undefeated UGa team in the SECCG, and the game is a close one, I think you see both make the playoffs. I think PAC 12 is out of it so the wildcard for the ACC to get in this year is the B1G. PSU keeps on keepin' on, I see them getting in over an ACC team. OU wins out, they will be in from the Big XII.
Why would OU get in over Clemson? Their loss to a 20+ point dog was at home (I think). Either way, Clemson would likely still have the better resume at the end or the season.

Why would OU get in over Clemson? Their loss to a 20+ point dog was at home (I think). Either way, Clemson would likely still have the better resume at the end or the season.

As of right now, no. Both Clemson and Ohio State have bad losses, but Okie has the best win of the season (on the road against Ohio State). Okie gets in. But there's so much football left to be play, that "right now" means little.

Maybe if they played early in the season, but not now when it would be virtually back to back games. PSU definitely gets in if the beat OSU and Wisc. If TCU beats OK, then OK is out. If OK beats TCU, they will likely have to play them again in the B12 title game.
Then it will will Bama, PSU, TCU (or OK), Clem

UGA won't be undefeated. They still have to play us.

If losing to Pitt at home and squeaking by N.C. State on a kicking error didn't keep them out last year, then they aren't necessarily out this year, either, although they now have to run the table and hope for the right help.

So if you're a Clemson fan (and no, I'm not trying to bait anyone here), do you pull for USC to beat UGA?

Maybe if they played early in the season, but not now when it would be virtually back to back games. PSU definitely gets in if the beat OSU and Wisc. If TCU beats OK, then OK is out. If OK beats TCU, they will likely have to play them again in the B12 title game.
Then it will will Bama, PSU, TCU (or OK), Clem

You're assuming Bama would beat UGA. If UGA wins, a one loss Bama gets in. Assuming, of course, UGA is undefeated. Bama would deserve a rematch not played in the state of Georgia.

You're assuming Bama would beat UGA. If UGA wins, a one loss Bama gets in. Assuming, of course, UGA is undefeated. Bama would deserve a rematch not played in the state of Georgia.
The loser of the SEC Championship game will not get in, I'm positing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT