ADVERTISEMENT

The anger has not subsided

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
Not sure what will make it go away. Basketball smasketball. This is a football state. We can beat Clem in basketball by 600 & it still won't erase them going in dry on us this past Saturday night. I kinda want the entire athletic department to work on contracts of "beat Clem 60% of the time in a 5-year span, or you're fired without severance."

Last edited:
Not sure what will make it go away. Basketball smasketball. This is a football state. We can beat Clem in basketball by 600 & it still won't erase them going in dry on us this past Saturday night. I kinda want the entire athletic department to work on contracts of "beat Clem 70% of the time in a 5-year span, or you're fired without severance."
Certainly, that is more draconian than "Dance in Five of Don't Survive".:D I'm OK with it, though.

This is worse than 63-17 and we all know how that made us feel. I wish my school gave a crap about doing something about it as I do.

I would be careful using this game as a litmus test on where South Carolina is at as a football program at the moment.

If what the South Carolina players are saying are true, they were letting the emotions of the game affect them. Given a horrible game plan and being outmached up front... that's not a good combination for a rivalry game.

I knew playing at night @Clempson would be a big difference in the game in comparison to last year but what happen was beyond expectations.

Kentucky beating Louisville. That helps prove that the SEC East isn't bad as the media likes to present or the ACC Atlantic isn't as good as everyone is trying to hype.

After that game, I'm not going to make any more predictions for the rest of the season. It's going to be interesting to see Clempson play Ohio State.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Quote: "Kentucky beating Louisville. That helps prove that the SEC East isn't bad as the media likes to present or the ACC Atlantic isn't as good as everyone is trying to hype."

You may be right, but just wondering what the UGA - GT, FSU - UF, and the CU - USC games helped prove?

Quote: "Kentucky beating Louisville. That helps prove that the SEC East isn't bad as the media likes to present or the ACC Atlantic isn't as good as everyone is trying to hype."

You may be right, but just wondering what the UGA - GT, FSU - UF, and the CU - USC games helped prove?

Or what about the Ga UNC game earlier and dont forget the Tenn Va Tech game who is playing in conf championship? Did those slip your mind?

Reactions: king ward
Clemson will kill Ohio St....or anybody else they play not named Alabama
I think they're at minimum 14 points better than Ohio State, IF Clemson decides to show up. If they face Bama the first team to 20 might win that game.

Just exactly what would "you do about it" Robert?
First thing I'd do is give Elliot his last check and say "thanks. See ya" and then I'd be on the phone shopping for an offensive line coach. Second thing is do is sit down with Roper and come up with a card system to call plays instead of what we were doing Saturday night. Third thing I'd do is make sure I called every top offensive and defensive line recruit and make the pitch why they need to come here. I'd also go after DB's who were big, fast and can tackle.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Saying your school doesn't give a crap about doing something about it...is about as asinine a statement as I have read on here in a while.
Have you seen any evidence that they do? Besides beg for more money, have the openly stated to the fans that they will do everything in their power to turn the tide on Clemson and stress the importance of the rivalry and are committed to winning it. Being silent doesn't help, it makes people wonder if you care or not.

Reactions: wdrcu75
I would be careful using this game as a litmus test on where South Carolina is at as a football program at the moment.

If what the South Carolina players are saying are true, they were letting the emotions of the game affect them. Given a horrible game plan and being outmached up front... that's not a good combination for a rivalry game.

I knew playing at night @Clempson would be a big difference in the game in comparison to last year but what happen was beyond expectations.

Kentucky beating Louisville. That helps prove that the SEC East isn't bad as the media likes to present or the ACC Atlantic isn't as good as everyone is trying to hype.

After that game, I'm not going to make any more predictions for the rest of the season. It's going to be interesting to see Clempson play Ohio State.
With all the money spent on coaching, we still should have held out own better than freakin troy.

Or the fact that Louisville wasn't interested in the game a week after having their playoff dreams crushed. Do we really think Kentucky is better?

I was actually pulling for GT over Georgia.
Georgia has been falling apart all season. They only stepped up for a few games and any team with a disciplined offense would beat them.

FSU - UF, I'm trying not to give Florida the 'injury' excuse but it was there. I haven't looked at their highlights so I honestly don't know what happen. If anything, it makes me more inclined to think LSU was a bit overrated and adding to the fact that the SEC West hype isn't deserving.

Clempson/USC - Well it stated by a Clempson poster earlier last week that South Carolina's only win against a 50/50 team was Tennessee. Well Vanderbilt beating Tennessee buts an interesting spin on all of that.

It's really a reflective question on Clempson as well. Was the Atlantic division that great this year?

This post season... I know I'm not putting money on any game. Even for Alabama.
Or the fact that Louisville wasn't interested in the game a week after having their playoff dreams crushed. Do we really think Kentucky is better?
Don't necessarily think that. To think Louisville dialed in the game completely isn't correct either. Louisville was supposed to be an 'amazing' team and after they lost to Clempson the media pumped them up that they might still be able to get into the CFP.

First thing I'd do is give Elliot his last check and say "thanks. See ya" and then I'd be on the phone shopping for an offensive line coach. Second thing is do is sit down with Roper and come up with a card system to call plays instead of what we were doing Saturday night. Third thing I'd do is make sure I called every top offensive and defensive line recruit and make the pitch why they need to come here. I'd also go after DB's who were big, fast and can tackle.
I dont know if hes gonna fire Elliott or not but guess we will wait and see. He certainly was good enough during the Spurrier era. As for the card system, I have to laugh. That doesnt have one damn thing to do with what happened Saturday night and lastly we are already recruiting the best players in the country, if they choose to go elsewhere thats not the fault of our recruiters, dedication of our school or administration.

I wouldn't sell UK's victory short. They played a damn good game and wanted that win. Played with a lot of fire and determination.

Have you seen any evidence that they do? Besides beg for more money, have the openly stated to the fans that they will do everything in their power to turn the tide on Clemson and stress the importance of the rivalry and are committed to winning it. Being silent doesn't help, it makes people wonder if you care or not.

It shouldn't have to be said out loud. People who wonder about that just don't have a clue what goes on. Our first priority is the SEC, like it or not. That said, being great there, will make us great against Clemsux. I'm willing to bet there is not a single sole in that athletic department who was happy about Saturday night. Just not sure I'm understanding what you expect them to do.

I dont know if hes gonna fire Elliott or not but guess we will wait and see. He certainly was good enough during the Spurrier era. As for the card system, I have to laugh. That doesnt have one damn thing to do with what happened Saturday night and lastly we are already recruiting the best players in the country, if they choose to go elsewhere thats not the fault of our recruiters, dedication of our school or administration.

Also according to rankings we have recruited fairly well over the last few years. So I guess coaching is too blame some for our inadequacies

It shouldn't have to be said out loud. People who wonder about that just don't have a clue what goes on. Our first priority is the SEC, like it or not. That said, being great there, will make us great against Clemsux. I'm willing to bet there is not a single sole in that athletic department who was happy about Saturday night. Just not sure I'm understanding what you expect them to do.
To win the conference you're going to have to beat Clemson out for recruits. To get those recruits you're going to have to show you own Clemson on the field and the tide has turned. We'd done that for several years and then decided to sit on our ass. We tend to do that at USC, we did it under Holtz after the Outback Bowls and again under Spurrier. We bring these problems on ourself.

Yeah, I'm still angry too! I'm not angry with Spurrier, nor Tanner, but with the head coach of our football team. I didn't want Muschamp for a coach when he was hired, but his (and the staff's) hard work at recruiting won me over. As this season progressed, I began to suspect that the man really doesn't have a concrete plan for coaching or improvement other than recruiting. I've seen lots of very talented teams in multiple sports, at multiple levels, who could not win against lesser talent with superior coaching (see Clemson v. Spurrier, 2009-2013). From the beginning of the season, Muschamp would make a definitive statement about team personnel, the offensive or defensive schemes, stand by it for a week, then do a complete 180 on the issue. That did not inspire confidence with me. As the season wound down, we watched that horror show with UF, WCU, and then the Clemson massacre. I really got a chuckle out of how some of these eternal optimists kept reassuring us that the WCU game was just an anomaly, and not a predictor of things to come. What really led me to fall off the Muschamp wagon was the Clemson game. Some of our players later said that they were ready to play against Clemson. Really? Did it look like that to you? It falls on the head coach to have his team prepared for WCU or Clemson. Muschamp didn't - and they weren't! After watching the game twice, I was disgusted by his idea of putting Orth in the game with 3 or 4 minutes left to just hand off and run out the clock. I guess he was shooting for respectibility ... how did that work out? I'm not impressed with Muschamp anymore, but I'll continue to hope our Gamecocks improve and win next year. If they don't, we'll suffer with this regime for a couple more years, then get a real teaching coaching staff to complement these wonderful athletes that the present staff is so intent on recruiting. Guess I'll be good either way, just with less passion for the football program, as it now stands.

Last edited:
I am more pissed off today than I was yesterday. I think whether it is by email or mail etc, a letter to members of the gamecock club should be mailed to reassure us that every damn measure will be taken to rebuild, improve, and state that Saturday was unacceptable. I have openly questioned Tanner and I know I am not the only one. No, it does not change the result but I want to know that they acknowledge that the hard work will be put in. Whatever....just pissed.

I am more pissed off today than I was yesterday. I think whether it is by email or mail etc, a letter to members of the gamecock club should be mailed to reassure us that every damn measure will be taken to rebuild, improve, and state that Saturday was unacceptable. I have openly questioned Tanner and I know I am not the only one. No, it does not change the result but I want to know that they acknowledge that the hard work will be put in. Whatever....just pissed.

full.png

Reactions: NooNoo
It seems like it. Do yourselves a favor. Stay off of social media unless you want to stoke the fire. Maybe that is a good thing.

This is worse than 63-17 and we all know how that made us feel. I wish my school gave a crap about doing something about it as I do.
Not really. Yes, the score was worse, but considering the circumstances...no. Clemson I believe was a 6-7 win team going into that game. I think we had won 5. IIRC we were favored also. We simply laid down....didn't fight a whit.

He wasn't good enough. He had Shaw and Lattimore and also Wolfords recruits. Since his players they have been bad.

So I started a thread about this but nobody bit. In 2003 I can never forget seeing our players laughing and yucking it up on the sidelines while we were getting our asses handed to us on the field. I've never been so furious as a Gamecock fan.

So on Saturday, what was the sideline demeanor like? I didn't see any of that sort of crap going on, but then again I wasn't exactly glued to the TV set after late second quarter.

For whatever reason, this makes a HUGE difference to me.

Reactions: 67gamecock
You have every right to be mad, no football team with division one players, many of them 3 and 4 stars, should ever go through some 90 practices and then come out and play like we saw on Saturday. It was as pathetic a performance as maybe ever in a south carolina uniform, coaches couldnt even get plays in, no one blocked, no one tackled, play calling was laughable,

You have every right to be mad, no football team with division one players, many of them 3 and 4 stars, should ever go through some 90 practices and then come out and play like we saw on Saturday. It was as pathetic a performance as maybe ever in a south carolina uniform, coaches couldnt even get plays in, no one blocked, no one tackled, play calling was laughable,

Actually, what is laughable, is some of the post on this board.

Actually, what is laughable, is some of the post on this board.
how are you so ok with this loss. how can any fan shrug this off and say "well its just one game. We are still headed in the right direction". No way in hell we are. no way. wake up man!

Im sure muschamp wants to win as much as anyone on here does,but if he was told to retain elliot or if he is told to continue to keep him,well then i dont think he being dealt a fair hand entirely. i hope muschamp has a long enuff to hire and fire who he wants n not another case of the tail trying to wag the dog

You should be the head coach, obviously. Why wouldn't they pay you $3 MM per year? Great plan

Reactions: Beneficent
You should be the head coach, obviously. Why wouldn't they pay you $3 MM per year? Great plan
he asked what I'd do so I told him. At least I have answers unlike our coaching staff with their deer in the headlights look after Saturday night and 4 word answers.

Reactions: JTMoney10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT