ADVERTISEMENT

The anger has not subsided

how are you so ok with this loss. how can any fan shrug this off and say "well its just one game. We are still headed in the right direction". No way in hell we are. no way. wake up man!

Where have you read that I'm ok with this loss?! NO, I'm not, but what it made me realize, that I had not before, was just how pathetic our recruiting classes were Spurrier's last couple of years. The fact that 67% of our team are freshmen and sophomores show that fact. Another was the fact that, at one point, in the season, we were playing more freshmen than anyone in the country@
Saturday's loss was NOT a product of poor coaching, but a result of very poor recruiting by the previous staff.

he asked what I'd do so I told him. At least I have answers unlike our coaching staff with their deer in the headlights look after Saturday night and 4 word answers.

Our coaching staff knows the reason for the outcome of Saturday's game. It's called a lack of talent. You're not gonna go blaming the previous staff for current problems on national media...even though that's exactly the reason.

Not sure what will make it go away. Basketball smasketball. This is a football state. We can beat Clem in basketball by 600 & it still won't erase them going in dry on us this past Saturday night. I kinda want the entire athletic department to work on contracts of "beat Clem 60% of the time in a 5-year span, or you're fired without severance."

You are right, beating them in BB, baseball, etc don't make up for this past Saturday. SC is a football state.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
First thing I'd do is give Elliot his last check and say "thanks. See ya" and then I'd be on the phone shopping for an offensive line coach. Second thing is do is sit down with Roper and come up with a card system to call plays instead of what we were doing Saturday night. Third thing I'd do is make sure I called every top offensive and defensive line recruit and make the pitch why they need to come here. I'd also go after DB's who were big, fast and can tackle.

. . . and hit HARD - legally,

CLONE DJ!!!

Not sure what will make it go away. Basketball smasketball. This is a football state. We can beat Clem in basketball by 600 & it still won't erase them going in dry on us this past Saturday night. I kinda want the entire athletic department to work on contracts of "beat Clem 60% of the time in a 5-year span, or you're fired without severance."

This is the wrong attitude. When we recruit the first thing we should ask will this kid help us beat Bama. If not he is not a take. If this starts to happen beating clemson will come easy.

Reactions: lostcock
This is the wrong attitude. When we recruit the first thing we should ask will this kid help us beat Bama. If not he is not a take. If this starts to happen beating clemson will come easy.

You must not have lived every second of your life in South Carolina.

Or the fact that Louisville wasn't interested in the game a week after having their playoff dreams crushed. Do we really think Kentucky is better?
They're not better, but they deserved to win. They played harder and took it to L'ville. I was impressed.

My point is we should be trying to win the SEC and not being satisfied with just beating clemson..Heck I would give up some wins to clemson to win a conference title.

Not me. 1-11 every single year would be fine with me as long as that 1 is against Clem.

Quote: "Kentucky beating Louisville. That helps prove that the SEC East isn't bad as the media likes to present or the ACC Atlantic isn't as good as everyone is trying to hype."

You may be right, but just wondering what the UGA - GT, FSU - UF, and the CU - USC games helped prove?

That the SEC east was 4-4 against the ACC this season

Reactions: bentleybradymontana
This is worse than 63-17

This was NOT worse than 63 - 17. That night we sucked but they were just an average team with a good QB and some swag. Our guys were a bunch of gutless turds in 2003. This year they just lacked talent/experience. That's how it goes sometimes when you are young an average and playing a senior-laden team on the road.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'll be celebrating when Bama shows clempson whose boss. We'll have those bragging rights for 365! SEC > ACC.
I see we have a rookie trying to troll...you can do better than this. Please respond with anything you'd like. I won't be around to see it

I think they're at minimum 14 points better than Ohio State, IF Clemson decides to show up. If they face Bama the first team to 20 might win that game.
UPC is going to win the national championship and nuclear winter is going to engulf Gamecock Nation. The good news is that plant and animal life are making a recovery around Chernobyl. We can take some hope from that.

It was a basketball state during our last years in the ACC, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I want all Gamecock varsity teams to compete well and do well, and have no priority on sport.

Regarding the dead valley massacre of Saturday night, two things stand out to me:
  1. Taters currently are currently far more talented than us
  2. Taters brought their A+ game to the field, i.e. no phoning it in from the dorms like they did vs Pgh. Dablow must have lit a huge fire under their arses for this game. Go VPI!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT