ADVERTISEMENT

The Belk bowl is a no win for Muschamp

UVA was a bad draw for y’all. Would’ve been better to get Miami or some other school with some type of football history (ie Michigan) Now you are in a no win situation. Everyone will expect you to blow out UVA (which I expect you will).

UVA was a bad draw for y’all. Would’ve been better to get Miami or some other school with some type of football history (ie Michigan) Now you are in a no win situation. Everyone will expect you to blow out UVA (which I expect you will).

Not really with our defense...

This will be a shoot out...

LOL, waaaaaahhh....jeez ...I may be a sunshine pumper...but I really like sunshine....kick some Virginia butt....GO COCKS....that is all we should hear...the sound of Virginia being trounced...obliterated... :)

Reactions: jonesz21
I'm reading on this board that some folks don't like the Belk Bowl or it's beneath us playin in the Belk Bowl or playing against Virginia...

I say bring it on... I want a Bowl game and beat an ACC team....

The best way to end the season and start another season playing in Charlotte and beat an ACC team...
Preach it bro

Ok not throwing stones but i just need a yes or no answer . If I told you on Sept 1st That we would be playing Virginia in the Belk Bowl to end the season what would be your response ?? I for one thought we could really challenge UGA this year after the progress Muschamp showed last year . Maybe my expectations were just way to high at this point in the rebuild .

Las Vegas really expects a blow out, starting with us a 3.5 favorite. I just hope they don't come out of the gate flat. Some body please tell them to defer if we win the flip.

If it's a blowout (which it won't be) that's a good draw for us and the way we like it...lol.

It's not the Gator Bowl and this Belk Bowl reminds me of the Papa John's Bowl where it felt like a disappointment bowl...

Couldn’t be more wrong. I’ve been to the Belk Bowl
multiple times. It is well run, the stadium is comfortable. Belk is a great corporate sponsor. Charlotte kills Birmingham.

I already bought my club seats, they are going fast on Ticketmaster.

Back in the 1960's Clemson coach Frank Howard referred to UVA as "white meat". I think at one point CU had a 17 game winning streak vs them, could have been longer than that, but I know they beat UVA like a red headed rented mule.

Couldn’t be more wrong. I’ve been to the Belk Bowl
multiple times. It is well run, the stadium is comfortable. Belk is a great corporate sponsor. Charlotte kills Birmingham.

I already bought my club seats, they are going fast on Ticketmaster.

You're missing the point... We just beat Clemson in 2009 and we were 7-5 with a 3-5 record... I believe we were hoping to go someone in Florida, not Birmingham....

The same can be said here where we thought maybe we could go to the Gator Bowl...

I know a long of fans were looking forward going to the Gator Bowl and end up playing in Charlotte, the same city we'll be back in 9 months starting the season....

Or could say the same thing like in 2010, going to Atlanta playing in the SEC Championship and end up going back to Atlanta 3 - 4 weeks later playing in the Peach Bowl....

Not really with our defense...

This will be a shoot out...
Hopefully we get some of our defensive players back from injury or, if not, the young freshmen playing behind them get more comfortable running with the first team. In the secondary, I'm kinda hoping for the latter as they look a lot more athletic and are willing to make contact.

Ok not throwing stones but i just need a yes or no answer . If I told you on Sept 1st That we would be playing Virginia in the Belk Bowl to end the season what would be your response ?? I for one thought we could really challenge UGA this year after the progress Muschamp showed last year . Maybe my expectations were just way to high at this point in the rebuild .
I would have taken it. My prediction at the beginning of the year was 7-9 wins....thought 9 was the best we would do assuming everything bounced our way like last year.

I’m happy with it seeing how he season turned out. Better than Birmingham where we would get another SF situation.

This. Everyone always says if the bowl was closer they would go. So pack that stadium out

Great point. No excuse for the stadium to not be full of Gamecocks. It’s a short drive there and can drive back after the game. Plus a lot of Gamecocks in the RockHill area.

Their highest point total against ACC teams this year is 31. They only put up 16 on Indiana. You win by 14.
14 sounds about right. Here's how it will happen. We'll get ahead 24-10 about halfway through the 2nd half. Then neither team will advance the ball past the 50 the rest of the day. In our case, it will be self-inflicted with some turnovers.

Hopefully we get some of our defensive players back from injury or, if not, the young freshmen playing behind them get more comfortable running with the first team. In the secondary, I'm kinda hoping for the latter as they look a lot more athletic and are willing to make contact.

This is one of the reasons I like playing bowl games, get another game under the belt for young players... And win it too....

I hope we can get these players who are saved for redshirt, play in the bowl games...

Reactions: rogue cock
I would have taken it. My prediction at the beginning of the year was 7-9 wins....thought 9 was the best we would do assuming everything bounced our way like last year.

Yeah that’s about right . I really thought we could finally get KY but this is one of their best teams ever . Also , I thought TAMU would be ripe for the picking finally .. home game , first year coach etc etc . Just shows bigger , faster , stronger wins 90% of the time , same with Florida . Going in I thought 10-2 was possible but 3-9 could happen just as easily so I guess 7-5 is about right .

You’ll see similar predictions (10-2, 11-1, win the East) throughout the off season. After the first loss, people will be screaming again to immediately fire Muschamp and Tanner. And so it goes....

For me, the definition of progress next season will be beating at least 2 out of the following 4:

UGa, UK, ATM and CU.

Reactions: DrMickey
There is no comparison to be made here with the Pizza Bowl. Belk>Papa John's, UVA>>UCONN, and for the love of God, Charlotte>>>Birmingham.

I don't understand the whining about playing in Charlotte twice in 9 months. Charlotte is a beautiful city that is an hour and a half away with plenty to do. We get to play in an NFL stadium. The majority of our fanbase won't even have to stay overnight if they don't want to. This is a no-lose situation.

There is definitely a winning scenario for him in this game. It's called score more points than UVA. You gonna turn your nose up at our 10th bowl trophy all time and an 8 win season?

There is no comparison to be made here with the Pizza Bowl. Belk>Papa John's, UVA>>UCONN, and for the love of God, Charlotte>>>Birmingham.

I don't understand the whining about playing in Charlotte twice in 9 months. Charlotte is a beautiful city that is an hour and a half away with plenty to do. We get to play in an NFL stadium. The majority of our fanbase won't even have to stay overnight if they don't want to. This is a no-lose situation.

If we had beaten Florida, we wouldn't be talking Belk Bowl....

We would be talking at Gator Bowl...

It's not the Gator Bowl and this Belk Bowl reminds me of the Papa John's Bowl where it felt like a disappointment bowl...
I see the point, but I'd argue it's still a decent draw for South Carolina. The game is at 12:30pm on a Saturday on ABC, so it will still get decent exposure, especially with no other competition in that time slot. It's close-by for Gamecock fans and recruits, and it's a game that South Carolina will be favored to win. Not convinced that playing a team like NC State in the Taxslayer Bowl would have been any better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT