ADVERTISEMENT

The Bottom Line About Coordinator as a Qualification...

Pretty sure there will be more openings when the season ends and schools and prospective hires are hard at it. Remember five years ago? Same thing. Had plenty of time to search and several possibilities. Is this deja by?
I don’t think we will see the same number of openings this year... but I was shocked we made a move mid season with covid slamming our finances so who knows! 🤷‍♂️

I was referring to progression of the discussion you jumped in on.. there were other posts before your first one where you quoted me... Both in this thread and the same question has been asked in others in different ways, my answer is always the same. We are the only team looking for a coach officially- regardless it certainly makes sense that the programs most familiar with this coach would be the ones showing the most interest IF said coach impressed people when he coached here, which Beamer did.

I don’t think that concern about his name is fair either TBH- saying “if his name were not Beamer..” well, if his name were not Beamer he would be a completely different person with a different upbringing and different life experiences and... Everything?!? So how does that make sense? Are you truly of the opinion he has gotten every job he has had and is being considered for this job simply because his dad was a good coach? Not the case. His dad never even made a call to other schools to help him get hired. He is being considered here because of his experience, his personality, his ability to recruit and help us when during his previous tenure here and the plan he has talked to our administration about for how he would run the offense and defense.. All we know about that plan at this point is that he plans to be “dynamic”...? No other details have been given that I am aware of and unless we hire him we probably won’t get a lot of detail about what was discussed and what his plan would be as the HC here.
1. I've followed the whole conversation. My point still stands.

2. No one is saying his entire career has been made due to his last name. Just that it opened more doors for him. That happens everywhere in life. But his list of qualifications seem to be amplified by the fact his last name is Beamer. Otherwise, they're just a little above average.

Reactions: SOSUSC
The never been a coordinator argument is a red herring. My issue is that he has never been a head coach.
True. But I think the actual point is that Beamer hasn't even been good enough to merit entrusting one of the 2 major sides of the ball. And that is a major concern, whether one wants to admit it or not. And NO, being Assistant Head Coach does not cut it. It's like being Vice President of the United States. We know who sets policy, runs the government, hires and fires cabinet heads. It's not the VEEP.

Reactions: SOSUSC
True. But I think the actual point is that Beamer hasn't even been good enough to merit entrusting one of the 2 major sides of the ball. And that is a major concern, whether one wants to admit it or not. And NO, being Assistant Head Coach does not cut it. It's like being Vice President of the United States. We know who sets policy, runs the government, hires and fires cabinet heads. It's not the VEEP.
Why is that concerning? He is an amazing special teams coordinator why would someone hire him not to do something he excels at?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT