ADVERTISEMENT

The day that was...

LazyIslander

Aug 2, 2015
Lady's Island
A much hyped exciting first home game...
...preceeded the night before by a shooting in The Vista, during which an opposing fan was shot, in the head
...included drunken fights in the tailgate lots which quickly were seen all around the world via Twitter and YouTube
...and highly anticipated pyrotechnics accompanying the team's entrance, that failed
...and team captains who lacked the class to shake the opponents hands pre-game
...nasty smelly bathrooms, due to plumbing problems
...heralded new concessions, which were over congested and ran out of food
...a "best in the SEC" QB whose flop to the ground in pure soccer-esque fashion, faking having been pushed by a big mean defensive player, was captured on video
...a fan-unity inspired "blackout" which turned into an aluminum-out early in the 4th quarter as fans no longer wanted to watch their team get beat
...and the realization that the team had just lost their 4th game in a row ...to Kentucky.

Wonder what next week holds?

...preceeded the night before by a shooting in The Vista, during which an opposing fan was shot, in the head
...included drunken fights in the tailgate lots which quickly were seen all around the world via Twitter and YouTube
...and highly anticipated pyrotechnics accompanying the team's entrance, that failed
...a "best in the SEC" QB who flopped to the ground in pure soccer-esque fashion, faking having been pushed by a big mean defensive player
...a fan-unity inspired "blackout" which turned into an aluminum-out early in the 4th quarter as fans no longer wanted to watch their team get beat
...and the realization that the team had just lost their 4th game in a row ...to Kentucky...

One of the best itemizations of a debacle I have ever seen. The bathroom issue probably stemmed from a main line valve being cut off in the off-season and not being opened completely by whoever was supposed to see that it was.

Other than those things I think things went well. I found myself during the game wondering how they keep Sir Big Spur from freaking out. That's how bad it got for me.

Reactions: humble servant
...a "best in the SEC" QB whose flop to the ground in pure soccer-esque fashion, faking having been pushed by a big mean defensive player, was captured on video
...and the realization that the team had just lost their 4th game in a row ...to Kentucky.

I hope saying this kind of thing makes you feel better about yourself. You see, it makes you sound awfully negative toward Gamecock football (per usual), but then you're often way too complimentary of our tigger friends, aren't you? Makes me wanna say .... hmmmm?

This exact post needs to be sent to every member of the board of trustees, Pastides, & Tanner!!!!

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

I hope saying this kind of thing makes you feel better about yourself. You see, it makes you sound awfully negative toward Gamecock football (per usual), but then you're often way too complimentary of our tigger friends, aren't you? Makes me wanna say .... hmmmm?
It made me feel better to read it because now I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. If that debacle didn't run all the visiting recruits away, they'll stick forever.

Or you could just fail to accept the FACTS of that's exactly what happened. There's no arguing anything in that post.

Well I'm reading this and the OP only stated absolute concrete FACTS. I know that's a word a lot of folks on this board don't understand . See ... it's when something really happened . You know ... kinda like the sun coming up or stuff like that . That's not being negative that's just hitting the nail right on the head .

I have to be honest, after working at several large corporations, should a meltdown of these proportions occurred, the person in charge would have been terminated within two days. If you view the University as a big company, I am beginning to question the leadership from the top down. I understand that we are great in some sports, but football, a sport that carries the economics of other school sports on its shoulder deserves a better product, both in terms of game time experience and team wins. We know how we got to this point; however, how we extricate ourselves going forward should be viewed critically.

Reactions: titaniumspur

I hate to say it because it is a real shame but your Heisman candidate broke his leg too! Sheesh.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Don’t be so dumb to think taters don’t plant material in here just to go back and point out what they found. Dont under estimate the midget conference. Taters at the top of their game. NC. Looking to play Bama again and they spend more time bashing USC. Speaks volumes to their fan base.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I have to be honest, after working at several large corporations, should a meltdown of these proportions occurred, the person in charge would have been terminated within two days. If you view the University as a big company, I am beginning to question the leadership from the top down. I understand that we are great in some sports, but football, a sport that carries the economics of other school sports on its shoulder deserves a better product, both in terms of game time experience and team wins. We know how we got to this point; however, how we extricate ourselves going forward should be viewed critically.

This X 100. It IS a business. Period. Head(s) should roll for the pitiful product that is Gamecock Football. Not talking about players/coaches but everything else stated. Absolutely epic fail. Cocky in that little cage was bush league as it comes too. Way too many people standing there to draw the smoke and pull the curtain down. Reminded me of a terrible magic trick.

Reactions: cockgun
I just honestly wish we would rip out the aluminum bleachers and go to stadium seats, which yes would reduce the capacity but make for a much more enjoyable experience. Also do away with rows A1 through row 6 over on the East Side. They are a joke. Renovate all the bathrooms and enlarge them with partitions and urinals instead of damn troughs. Also our concessions are an absolute joke. Traffic is horrible leaving our stadium, possibly the worst out of any place I have been too. Not sure what could be done to fix it though because of how the roads are. Oh and have refill machines like the Panthers have. $8 and free refills without waiting is the bomb. I loved the experience at Charlotte this year of course I am getting old.

There is now another post on this same subject regarding accountability. That is the problem, there is no accountability for what happened last weekend, just excuses. It will just go on like this.

You got the positive thing going, don't you?

Reactions: LazyIslander
There is now another post on this same subject regarding accountability. That is the problem, there is no accountability for what happened last weekend, just excuses. It will just go on like this.

I've been saying it for a while now and you are completely right. Tanner knows how bad this looks or he wouldn't have sent an apology not.

Don’t be so dumb to think taters don’t plant material in here just to go back and point out what they found. Dont under estimate the midget conference. Taters at the top of their game. NC. Looking to play Bama again and they spend more time bashing USC. Speaks volumes to their fan base.
Doesn't change the fact that "boom time" was a stupid hire by a baseball coach trying to be an AD.

Nah, I disagree. If you LOVE USC and this stuff doesn't piss you off... then yeah, THAT makes me go hmmmm.

Reactions: LazyIslander
Say what you want about Lou Holtz, but if you read his leadership book, he actually had his players practice carrying him off the field after a big win. Proper planning prevents poor performance. It starts at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT