ADVERTISEMENT

The Days of Bama Dominance Are Over.

Feb 15, 2018
There's no way Bama can recruit today's kids, with those old school uniforms, plain crimson helmets and hardly a stripe to be found. Today's kids want all the glitz and glamour and they deserve it.

Ole Miss, now there's a program looking forward. Sure, they've had a few sanctions but, they look good doing it. Red, White and Blue theme. Script, glossy helmets and more dang stripes on their uni's than a Sargent Major's, in a whore house. They will end up getting the best kids money can buy because they understand that you get what you pay for. You just hide and watch ... Ole Miss is the New Bama.

Football Players ... that's a little different story.

Didn't catch the first half score.

Last edited:
There's no way Bama can recruit today's kids, with those old school uniforms, plain crimson helmets and hardly a stripe to be found. Today's kids want the all the glitz and glamour and they deserve it.

Ole Miss, now there's a program looking forward. Sure, they've had a few sanctions but, they look good doing it. Red, White and Blue theme. Script, glossy helmets and more dang stripes on their uni's than a Sargent Major's, in a whore house. They will end up getting the best kids money can buy because they understand that you get what you pay for. You just hide and watch ... Ole Miss is the New Bama.

Baron, you really have keen insight on the situation.

They're gonna teach our kids mouth to mouth recitation instead
rec·i·ta·tion
ˌresəˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the action of repeating something aloud from memory.
    "the recitation of traditional poems"
    synonyms: recital, saying aloud, declamation, rendering, rendition, delivery, performance More
    • the repetition of a list of facts.

No wonder we look slow on the field ;)

Reactions: Cybercock
I saw other teams playing on the road using the oxygen today. I guess we will come up with the idea 7 years from now and call it "revolutionary".

I was going to start a topic about the use of oxygen but never got around to it with my schedule but in the GA. game the sideline reporter said they was the only SEC team to carry their own oxygen for road games.i would assume this is a big advantage if you are sucking oxygen to regular outside air..The whole GA team could’ve been using it at halftime to recuperate.Does anybody here know if we use oxygen on the sideline?

Glitz is a distraction from football. I'm perfectly fine with "old school", e.g., Bama, Auburn, Penn State unis.

Keep it simple. White helmet with a Block-C. White pants. Garnet jerseys for home games, white jerseys for the road.

Atlanta ... I am NOT criticizing you at all but, apparently you missed that I was just being facetious. We ALL agree with you. We are all on your side.

Ole Miss is all Glitz ... Bama is Old School ... Bama was leading 49-7 BEFORE halftime. Many of the foolish posters on this board sincerely believe that all high school recruits are money grabbing whores, demanding as many different perks as they can get away with. Bama, Penn St, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Auburn, all the historically dominate college football teams keep their uniforms basically the same, year in, year out. Our own Forum even has a silly ... "Guess what uniform combination we are going to wear this week" contest.

Keep it simple and KEEP IT CONSISTENT!
Please re-read my original post again, with this in mind.

Thanks for your input.

(P.S. I, personally, would like us to go to solid color helmets. No Logo's, No stripes, No Numbers. SOLID, ... and ONE COLOR ONLY)

Last edited:
Atlanta ... I am NOT criticizing you at all but, apparently you missed that I was just being facetious. We ALL agree with you. We are all on your side.

Ole Miss is all Glitz ... Bama is Old School ... Bama was leading 49-7 BEFORE halftime. Many of the foolish posters on this board sincerely believe that all high school recruits are money grabbing whores, demanding as many different perks as they can get away with. Bama, Penn St, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Auburn, all the historically dominate college football teams keep their uniforms basically the same, year in, year out. Our own Forum even has a silly ... "Guess what uniform combination we are going to wear this week" contest.

Keep it simple and KEEP IT CONSISTENT!
Please re-read my original post again, with this in mind.

Thanks for your input.

(P.S. I, personally, would like to us go to solid color helmets. No Logo's, No stripes, No Numbers. SOLID, ... and ONE COLOR ONLY)

no numbers? you do realize why that would never work, right?

How would announcers broadcast the game is one thing..there are many more.

(P.S. I, personally, would like us to go to solid color helmets. No Logo's, No stripes, No Numbers. SOLID, ... and ONE COLOR ONLY)

I felt that it was understood that I was talking about Helmets only. I believe that it is a NCAA
rule requiring Jersey numerals. I would also venture to guess that at lease 75% of the college teams do not have numerals on their helmets now. Perhaps I'm wrong about that percentage. But you also stated 'there are many more' (reasons) Fill me in.

Last edited:
no numbers? you do real3ize why that would never work, right?

Currently, three teams wear solid color helmets (No logo, no numerals, no stripes). Army, Navy and Notre Dame. Two teams wear a single stripe only. Boston College and Penn State
Ohio State doesn't count in my book because they use a 3 color center stripe and those amusing Buckwheats.

I was going to start a topic about the use of oxygen but never got around to it with my schedule but in the GA. game the sideline reporter said they was the only SEC team to carry their own oxygen for road games.i would assume this is a big advantage if you are sucking oxygen to regular outside air..The whole GA team could’ve been using it at halftime to recuperate.Does anybody here know if we use oxygen on the sideline?
Cocky One already has a thread on that started today.
As I replied to him, oxygen doesn't help. This is not new. It has been around for at least 40 years. The problem is not a lack of oxygen. The problem is human lung capacity. The only thing that helps is to stop and catch your breath.

How would announcers broadcast the game is one thing..there are many more.

How would officials call penalties?

"Holding, that big giant fat guy -- not that big giant fat guy, the other big giant fat guy, the one there with the,uh ..."

I remember watching a high school team with real light Vegas gold numbers on a white jersey. You couldn't tell who was what even with the program.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
There's no way Bama can recruit today's kids, with those old school uniforms, plain crimson helmets and hardly a stripe to be found. Today's kids want all the glitz and glamour and they deserve it.

I’ll take any bet in any amount that Bama’s no glitz look will not slow Bama and Saban down even a tiny bit in recruiting. To think that a kid would choose some other team based on not wanting to dress in Bama’s boring unis is asinine. Bama recruits mostly kids that want to get a shot at the NFL. Those that have educational aspirations still want to win while getting an education from a great school. They all want to play in the big stadiums, and big games. I seriously doubt Bama offers any kid so shallow that he would choose uniforms over all they can offer.

I’ll take any bet in any amount that Bama’s no glitz look will not slow Bama and Saban down even a tiny bit in recruiting. To think that a kid would choose some other team based on not wanting to dress in Bama’s boring unis is asinine. Bama recruits mostly kids that want to get a shot at the NFL. Those that have educational aspirations still want to win while getting an education from a great school. They all want to play in the big stadiums, and big games. I seriously doubt Bama offers any kid so shallow that he would choose uniforms over all they can offer.

Please confirm that you understand that is exactly what I said, in a back-handed manner.

How is this even a discussion? Bama sells itself. We are not Bama and we have to look at new ideas and be open to them and try new things.

Please confirm that you understand that is exactly what I said, in a back-handed manner.

Yes, I comprende ... but I have read some crazy opinions on GCC forums, so I wasn’t sure since your post wasn’t in an italicized font denoting sarcasm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT