ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between Mark and Chad....

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
...is the entire approach to the game. The SEC broadcast team was talking about how mid-season when Mark saw our bats were slowing and what he did to fix it. He didn't comment on how hard hitting a baseball is he started using the machine and turned it up to 90+ and it's paying off. In other words he coached them up and made them get better when even making the SEC tournament was a long shot. I'm looking forward to just how far we can go in the playoffs but just getting there was a goal in January. We can go into the playoffs without pressure because there isn't any, just play loose because every win is gravy from here on to me.

They need to get healthy and cramping is also a problem that should not be happening with proper nutrition , hydration and sodium intake without dam gatoraid and power aid crap drinks , and diets for athletes. Would not happen if i had a hand in it for sure.

People think that game knowledge is the totality of coaching. There is a lot more to it than that. Kingston looks like a coach. Holbrook maybe more suited for scouting.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Well they have machines that tell you bat speed so that isn't rocket science. Any coach should notice that! Plate discipline is the coaching part and that is hard for some players.

Reactions: rogue cock
Next year is going to be a true sign of Kingston as a coach...we will basically have a new lineup. we lose a lot after this year somebody post what they think the lineup will look like. thanks!

...is the entire approach to the game. The SEC broadcast team was talking about how mid-season when Mark saw our bats were slowing and what he did to fix it. He didn't comment on how hard hitting a baseball is he started using the machine and turned it up to 90+ and it's paying off. In other words he coached them up and made them get better when even making the SEC tournament was a long shot. I'm looking forward to just how far we can go in the playoffs but just getting there was a goal in January. We can go into the playoffs without pressure because there isn't any, just play loose because every win is gravy from here on to me.
That announcer (McDonald?) was a pleasure to listen to. Guy knew his stuff when it came to hitting and pitching mechanics imo. I felt like his description of compact speed swings and pitch grips and spins was spot on. If I was coaching college right now, and I was looking for someone on the same page to add to my staff, I'd throw a boatload of money at that guy. In the history of college broadcasters, I've never agreed with one more. Refreshing.

Last edited:
That announcer (McDonald?) was a pleasure to listen to. Guy knew his stuff when it came to hitting and pitching mechanics imo. I felt like his description of compact speed swings and pitch grips and spins was spot on. If I was coaching college right now, and I was looking for someone on the same page to add to my staff, I'd throw a boatload of money at that guy. In the history of college broadcasters, I've never agreed with one more. Refreshing.
Ben McDonald is awesome. He was a pitcher at LSU under Skip Bertman.

In all fairness, I drink my share, and a few other people's share, of water daily, and sometimes I still get cramps from time to time in my calf.
We used to take potassium tablets or eat a couple bananas but I dunno what they do now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT