ADVERTISEMENT

The Difference Between Us And Clemson

They have the population to pull it off and even then they are on the outside bubble of elite in most sports top 15 not top 5. I just feel if you want to be too 5 in 2+ Major sports you have to sacrifice. You can’t do it all

Ellis Johnson tells a similar story on the Kornblut show now and again, about I think both Devonte Holloman and Gilmore, they were both from South Pointe and in the 2009 class. Holloman was committed at one point to Clemson.

Of course now I think when I hear it, if you had something so good that agreed to stop recruiting the players, then why not just turn it over to the NCAA and crush them back then. They would of done that to us, most likely, LOL. Of course who knew what Dabo would create back then.
Yeah, I've wondered if it would've been worth it to risk losing one of those guys and get Clemson hammered by the NCAA instead.

Reactions: Gradstudent
They have the population to pull it off and even then they are on the outside bubble of elite in most sports top 15 not top 5. I just feel if you want to be too 5 in 2+ Major sports you have to sacrifice. You can’t do it all
better than being smushed all the time, and their football teams, even when not so bad, don’t get blown out by 40 points like we do. oregon does ok as well.

Carolina fans spend way too much time saying things like “Clemson cheats” or make fun of its agricultural past(even though many rank it a better school than USC). Gamecock fans say Clemson only cares about football.
These are things USC fans do to make themselves feel better about being whipped by Clemson in football. Instead the focus should be on how to get above Clemson and not mocking someone who is pretty dang successful in all aspects of their university

Half of Clemson's BOT aren't political appointments, they're permanent trustees who select their own replacements. And the day-to-day operation of the university isn't right down the street from the Statehouse. Until we overhaul the way our university operates, we will always be second fiddle.
This is true. It is also true that the BOT will not be overhauled. There have been several efforts in recent years that stalled in the legislature. Having seats on the BOT to give away is a power the legislature will not give up.

Our best years in sports have been when we had a strong AD. (Marcum, McGee and Hyman) The best thing SC could do would be to hire someone like that again.

Reactions: SCGCock07
Obviously.

If Shane shows to have inherited the coaching chops of his Dad, then this thread becomes moot.
His dad was 4-8 against the SEC during his time at Va. Tech. Shane will have to be much better than his dad was against the SEC.

His dad was 4-8 against the SEC during his time at Va. Tech. Shane will have to be much better than his dad was against the SEC.

Seems like that record would come mostly from bowl games against SEC teams and shouldn't be surprising. Different from performance regular season against SEC teams.

Truth but SOS proved that the problem is not as insurmountable as one may think...he said, beat UT, UGA, and UF, and you'll beat clempson. Now grant it, that's a tough row to hoe BUT IMO, it's not as Mount of an Everest hurdle to clear as revamping the BOT, AD s office, and the political influence that has been infecting USC for decades.

Reactions: ForeUSC
Seems like that record would come mostly from bowl games against SEC teams and shouldn't be surprising. Different from performance regular season against SEC teams.
Just the opposite. Look it up, I did.

ADVERTISEMENT