• 8 BB’s
• 2 HBP’s
• 3 or 4 WP’s or (passed balls)
• 13-14 free bases total

AR ...
• 2 BB’s
• 2 ER’s
• 4 Free bases total

They made us pay 90% of the time whenever we gave a free base tonight. That’s what good teams do. At 3-3 I thought we might be able to steal this one, but our pitching let us down big time tonight. Some of the pitches we threw defy imagination. They looked more like skeets coming out of a chute than pitches. Our poor catcher has got to be worn out from all the blocked pitches and chasing down the WP’s.

Saw it coming. Take eddie out before that ball to the wall. Should have brought in chapman when bases got loaded. Eddie had enough and gives up many long balls and extra base hits all season. Missing TJ and some pitching is keeping us from a potential natty. We have a good enough team to get to Omaha but not any more than that.

Reactions: roosterbell
Arkansas has pitching and hitting-better than us. We are tough but cant afford to give them freebies. They made clutch hits too. I would love to give them a series but am willing to accept they may just be better. It's not over yet though.

Reactions: jimnasium
Also, I believe we had a couple of batters who went 0-3 in the lineup (all strikeouts methinks) and it looked like Arky's defense was always situated perfectly along the 1st and 3rd base lines but yes, Arky is better and our pitching can't give them any frebbies. On to game 2 and Go Cocks!

Reactions: gamecock ed
After watching a season long parade of far too many walks, hit batters and very wild pitches, I've come to the reasonable conclusion that most of our pitchers should have a three-inning limit, with a few exceptions for excellent outings.

Reactions: rogers2869
Saw it coming. Take eddie out before that ball to the wall. Should have brought in chapman when bases got loaded. Eddie had enough and gives up many long balls and extra base hits all season. Missing TJ and some pitching is keeping us from a potential natty. We have a good enough team to get to Omaha but not any more than that.

Lost me on sentence #5.

Pitching tonight:

SC ...
• 8 BB’s
• 2 HBP’s
• 3 or 4 WP’s or (passed balls)
• 13-14 free bases total

AR ...
• 2 BB’s
• 2 ER’s
• 4 Free bases total

Yep. At home the pitcher gets the calls. If we were playing in S.C. our pitcher would have arkys numbers. Look at all the teams hosting and I bet numbers favor their pitching

Pitching pitching pitching. Not quite good enough. Good but not great. We still have a real good team though. Just note quite as elite as we are used to. First baseman is killing us and TJ out hurts bad. Eddie was kept on the mound a little too much. We dont have that great 1 and 2 punch we have been used to in the past with setup guy and strong closer. Arkansas is the better team anyway but hey we are still alive and our guys are capable of beating anyone. They have battled nicely this year compared to their injuries and not so great pitching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT