ADVERTISEMENT

The fans are speaking

Nothing is happening till after the season IF then so go support your team.
In a case like this, where so many want to see change in the program, there is a line between supporting your team and sending a message to the AD by refusing to attend or spend money on the program.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a multi-millionaire super booster. I can't talk to Ray at dinner next week and make my opinions heard. But, I'd guess 99.5% of our fan base isn't. If regular fans want to influence (at least a little) the AD's decisions, empty seats are the only available method.

Good point on Easter...I want Chad to land on his feet. Maybe him and Smoke Laval can resurrect ULALA.
HE IS NOT OUR GUY. If we make Supers, I will eat crow for a week. If we make the regionals, I will eat tainted cheese.

In a case like this, where so many want to see change in the program, there is a line between supporting your team and sending a message to the AD by refusing to attend or spend money on the program.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a multi-millionaire super booster. I can't talk to Ray at dinner next week and make my opinions heard. But, I'd guess 99.5% of our fan base isn't. If regular fans want to influence (at least a little) the AD's decisions, empty seats are the only available method.
My point, only poorly worded. Thanks.

Their's might be miked but I can tell you for a fact Vandy and MSU were both louder than we were. Unlike USC 1 I actually attended the games. I also saw a picture of the grandstands someone took and yes there were a few up there but you could have put them in the seats and still would have had empty seats there. You can literally sit anywhere you want. We sat in Section 8 and it was empty until the 3rd inning on Friday. The crowds are rumbling loudly as well. I have not heard anyone there say anything positive about Holbrook.

We were literally the only ones besides another man and a woman who were making any noise at all during the game. We hollered Dirt so much I lost my voice. We were the only ones. We have a pathetic crowd now.

Reactions: IrmoRed

True
So to truly support the future of the team - Stay Home!

Their's might be miked but I can tell you for a fact Vandy and MSU were both louder than we were. Unlike USC 1 I actually attended the games. I also saw a picture of the grandstands someone took and yes there were a few up there but you could have put them in the seats and still would have had empty seats there. You can literally sit anywhere you want. We sat in Section 8 and it was empty until the 3rd inning on Friday. The crowds are rumbling loudly as well. I have not heard anyone there say anything positive about Holbrook.
True
So to truly support the future of the team - Stay Home!
Unbelievable. No way you are a Gamecock fan.

I will be there. Only 2 more home stands left. I will be there for at least a few of them. Got 8 tickets left. I am a Carolina fan, not a fan of a certain coach or player. I want us to right this ship and go on a run.

LMAO. 15 posts in and already a fandom post by a pumper. Dude, that's pathetic.
Son Ive been here a long time and people like you remind me of the people who wanted Frank Martin gone and you probably were one of them.

Its miked
I agree. And it drove me nuts all weekend. They had one guy who hollered after every pitch. He sounded all the world like the loud-mouth bad guy in "The Karate Kid." Had I been there I might have, well, done nothing, because I'm not that kind of guy.

Reactions: USC-1
I gave up on the basketball team and learned a hard lesson. So I am not going to give up on the baseball team, especially with Tyler back now, throwing smoke. Go cocks!

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
Then stay your ass at home then.
Son Ive been here a long time and people like you remind me of the people who wanted Frank Martin gone and you probably were one of them.
Where to begin...
Frank Martin's detractors were no where near as many, as vocal, nor as committed as Chad's. I hate to say this about my Gamecock brethren, but considering how long we've been bad (45 years) most Gamecock fans haven't seen a lot of "good" basketball. I'll forgive those who really wanted Frank gone because I don't think they knew any better.

Chad, however, inherited a gold mine. The program was loaded with talent, has a great recruiting presence, a huge fan base, and a nationally prominent reputation. Unlike basketball, Gamecock fans are used to watching great baseball. We know when things aren't working correctly. There are many Gamecock fans who watch this team and believe there is something very much wrong. No, Chad hasn't turned us into Tennessee. But we aren't South Carolina anymore.

You seem to believe that if a fan isn't completely loyal and supportive of every aspect of the University, then they aren't really a fan. So be it. I certainly believe you are a fan. I just realize you and I have a different idea of what needs to happen next, and what role many fans believe they need to play in that...and that is okay.

Not too many of us actually want or expect Chad to be fired mid-season. When you see "Fire Chad", they don't mean "right this minute."

If Chad suddenly turns things around and is able to reclaim USC's spot in the NCAA Baseball world, almost every one of us would be thrilled to eat our words and see great Gamecock baseball again.

Where to begin...
Frank Martin's detractors were no where near as many, as vocal, nor as committed as Chad's. I hate to say this about my Gamecock brethren, but considering how long we've been bad (45 years) most Gamecock fans haven't seen a lot of "good" basketball. I'll forgive those who really wanted Frank gone because I don't think they knew any better.

Chad, however, inherited a gold mine. The program was loaded with talent, has a great recruiting presence, a huge fan base, and a nationally prominent reputation. Unlike basketball, Gamecock fans are used to watching great baseball. We know when things aren't working correctly. There are many Gamecock fans who watch this team and believe there is something very much wrong. No, Chad hasn't turned us into Tennessee. But we aren't South Carolina anymore.

You seem to believe that if a fan isn't completely loyal and supportive of every aspect of the University, then they aren't really a fan. So be it. I certainly believe you are a fan. I just realize you and I have a different idea of what needs to happen next, and what role many fans believe they need to play in that...and that is okay.

Not too many of us actually want or expect Chad to be fired mid-season. When you see "Fire Chad", they don't mean "right this minute."

If Chad suddenly turns things around and is able to reclaim USC's spot in the NCAA Baseball world, almost every one of us would be thrilled to eat our words and see great Gamecock baseball again.
Well thats called a Bandwagon fan.

Reactions: Silverspur02
No, it isn't. These aren't fans who only care about USC when we win. They are fans who believe, with solid evidence, that our baseball program needs a change in leadership.
You got solid evidence do ya? I say you dont. I say if we had Tyler for the past month we would have about 5 or 6 more wins on the board.

No, it isn't. These aren't fans who only care about USC when we win. They are fans who believe, with solid evidence, that our baseball program needs a change in leadership.
Stop trying. You can't reason with him. He knows everything about every sport...if you doubt it, just ask him. And you can't have an opinion different than his...or if you do, you're simply wrong.

Such language. On Easter no less.

Pc brother. Brad Scott and D. horn say thanks for standing behind them till the bitter end
I didnt like either but I kept my mouth shut and let the Administration do their job.

If you really believe this debate is about one season, or could be settled by one player, then there is no point in me speaking to you on this subject.
No I guess it isnt because you will never admit that Holbrook is doing just as well as Tanner did in his first 5 years.

Just want to point out that frank inherited a dumpster fire and has gotten better every year and Holbrook inherited a loaded juggernaut and has slowly gotten worse. Jury may be still out, but as for now, it isn't looking very promising......js

Just want to point out that frank inherited a dumpster fire and has gotten better every year and Holbrook inherited a loaded juggernaut and has slowly gotten worse. Jury may be still out, but as for now, it isn't looking very promising......js
Exactly what Im trying to point out, the jury doesnt have enough information and btw Chad is a HUGE part of the reason he didnt inherit a dumpster fire himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT