ADVERTISEMENT

The fans are speaking

Good point on Easter...I want Chad to land on his feet. Maybe him and Smoke Laval can resurrect ULALA.
HE IS NOT OUR GUY. If we make Supers, I will eat crow for a week. If we make the regionals, I will eat tainted cheese.

Even during the Smoke Laval years, LSU still lead the nation in attendance. Maybe Gamecock baseball fans aren't all that great. Or at least not great enough to justify the size of the stadium.

No I guess it isnt because you will never admit that Holbrook is doing just as well as Tanner did in his first 5 years.
Yeah, that's a great comparison. Kind of like saying an American president has had a better first 100 days than a president of Rwanda because Rwanda has had more civil wars and journalist beheadings.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Yeah, that's a great comparison. Kind of like saying an American president has had a better first 100 days than a president of Rwanda because Rwanda has had more civil wars and journalist beheadings.
lol. Dizzy yet?

Exactly what Im trying to point out, the jury doesnt have enough information and btw Chad is a HUGE part of the reason he didnt inherit a dumpster fire himself.
Well, actually we don't really know that about Chad either. He wasn't in charge. The real question should be, how long do you let it slide before making a change. Tough decision imo.

Well, actually we don't really know that about Chad either. He wasn't in charge. The real question should be, how long do you let it slide before making a change. Tough decision imo.
Chad recruited many of the National Championship players

Not attending games and not buying concessions is very effective in some places. When Bowden's teams were underachieving, and fans became irritated and impatient, they stopped going to the games. It was noticeable on TV, especially in the upper decks. It does make a point, although it probably doesn't have near the impact at baseball games because most games are not seen on TV, and the TV audience itself is not very large compared to football or basketball.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Chad recruited many of the National Championship players
But how many of them came because of Chad...and how many of them came because Tanner was the HC?

If I had to bet, I know where I'd put my money.

And quite a few older players on those National Championship teams were recruited by Monte Lee.

Last edited:
But how many of them came because of Chad...and how many of them came because Tanner was the HC?

If I had to bet, I know where I'd put my money.

And quite a few older players on those National Championship teams were recruited by Monte Lee.
Holbrook wasnt named the 10th best recruiter in ALL of college sports by mistake. He brought in the talent and taught them and they won Championships

Holbrook wasnt named the 10th best recruiter in ALL of college sports by mistake. He brought in the talent and taught them and they won Championships

I asked you this question in another thread. You didn't answer so I'll ask again.

Would you trade Holbrook for Monte Lee?

If not, why?

I asked you this question in another thread. You didn't answer so I'll ask again.

Would you trade Holbrook for Monte Lee?

If not, why?
lol. Hell who knows. Monte Lee is the savior because he didnt get the job. We beat them at their place, lost a 1 run game at Flour and to them at our place. 2 Pretty evenly matched teams. I like Chad and Monte both but I'm not happy Monte went to the enemy.

lol. Hell who knows. Monte Lee is the savior because he didnt get the job. We beat them at their place, lost a 1 run game at Flour and to them at our place. 2 Pretty evenly matched teams. I like Chad and Monte both but I'm not happy Monte went to the enemy.
Evenly matched until you look at the scoreboard.

Evenly matched until you look at the scoreboard.
Evidently you dont understand evenly matched. These games by score could have gone either way even the one we won. But you keep up that fire the coach mantra. Ive watched you do it for years. The best one was fire Spurrier lmao.

Evidently you dont understand evenly matched. These games by score could have gone either way even the one we won. But you keep up that fire the coach mantra. Ive watched you do it for years. The best one was fire Spurrier lmao.
I understand scoreboards. You are the one who keeps your thong stuck in your ass. Oh btw, how did Spurrier work out for us? Oh, and thanks for watching me for years. I'm really flattered.

....and you also had your lovefest with Ward, Adams, Elliott, Junior, Botkin, Sands and Hoke. They could absolutely do no wrong until....UNTIL they had destroyed our program.

It was blatantly obvious to everyone except you, pepsi and maybe a couple of other holdouts...and it was "hit you across the face with a 2X4" obvious.

Coaching blunders lost us two evenly matched games and cost us our closer for however many weeks. And yes, I'd have fired Spurrier after he didn't bother to make the one-legged QB move around in our rivalry game. He replaced Ellis Johnson with a guy who was litterally coaching high school after being fired by his alma mater. And promoted a guy who couldn't speak in actual words to replace him a coordinator. Ellis Johnson was the big change for the better in our football program.

Coaching blunders lost us two evenly matched games and cost us our closer for however many weeks. And yes, I'd have fired Spurrier after he didn't bother to make the one-legged QB move around in our rivalry game. He replaced Ellis Johnson with a guy who was litterally coaching high school after being fired by his alma mater. And promoted a guy who couldn't speak in actual words to replace him a coordinator. Ellis Johnson was the big change for the better in our football program.
A coaching blunder cost us our closer? How about you explain that bud and Kitchens was calling for Spurrier to be fired in his first few seasons and as for replacing Ellis, who was the DC when we won the SEC East? Thats right.

Reactions: Rooster Louie
Their's might be miked but I can tell you for a fact Vandy and MSU were both louder than we were. Unlike USC 1 I actually attended the games. I also saw a picture of the grandstands someone took and yes there were a few up there but you could have put them in the seats and still would have had empty seats there. You can literally sit anywhere you want. We sat in Section 8 and it was empty until the 3rd inning on Friday. The crowds are rumbling loudly as well. I have not heard anyone there say anything positive about Holbrook.

We were literally the only ones besides another man and a woman who were making any noise at all during the game. We hollered Dirt so much I lost my voice. We were the only ones. We have a pathetic crowd now.

So sad, so sad.

....and you also had your lovefest with Ward, Adams, Elliott, Junior, Botkin, Sands and Hoke. They could absolutely do no wrong until....UNTIL they had destroyed our program.

It was blatantly obvious to everyone except you, pepsi and maybe a couple of other holdouts...and it was "hit you across the face with a 2X4" obvious.
Thats a lie. I defended Ward and Elliott but none of the others. Get your facts straight.

A coaching blunder cost us our closer? How about you explain that bud and Kitchens was calling for Spurrier to be fired in his first few seasons and as for replacing Ellis, who was the DC when we won the SEC East? Thats right.
Ellis was the DC....he coached the defense. Ward had the title in name only (just to get a LT contract).

I understand scoreboards. You are the one who keeps your thong stuck in your ass. Oh btw, how did Spurrier work out for us? Oh, and thanks for watching me for years. I'm really flattered.
Spurrier worked out great! I enjoyed the 5 years in a row, the SEC East Championship, The record number of wins, Beating Alabama etc... If it was up to your dumb ass he would have been gone. Yes I watched you, it was like watching a train wreck, couldnt look away lol

You're not that dumb. Are you?
No Im not. Are you? Who was the DC in 2012. Ward. Where was Ellis Johnson? Stinking up Southern Miss thats where. lol. 11-2 ,6-2 Wait! I know what you will say! It was all Clowney! Right lol

What did I say? Ward and Elliott. Prove otherwise.
giphy.gif

No Im not. Are you? Who was the DC in 2012. Ward. Where was Ellis Johnson? Stinking up Southern Miss thats where. lol. 11-2 ,6-2 Wait! I know what you will say! It was all Clowney! Right lol
Yeah, the guy who tried to put Clowney in coverage. Brilliant move....geesh. Then there was 2013 and 2014 and then Spurrier had to bring in Hoke to help the failing Ward. Yeah, Ward deserves the credit for the pre-2013 defenses all right.

It was Easter Sunday for crying out loud . Yesterday was around 10,000 easy
I tried to respond last week but I guess you have to wait days to respond on the free account. This is how I know a real fan from one who has no skin in the game and is a keyboard warrior. There has never been 10,000 fans at our stadium...NEVER. The record crowd is a tick over 8000. I was there for almost all of our record games. There might have been 5500 to 6000 but not even close to 10000.

Reactions: rogue cock
Are these the same fans that were speaking halfway through basketball season?
Selective memory. Halfway through basketball season we were playing lights out and leading the conference or close to it. It was the last month, when we were playing lethargic and losing 7 of 9 when people started drawing comparisons to last year and questioning the coach's methods. And it was never as consistent or as loud as this....never.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT