ADVERTISEMENT

The Herbstreit lovefest...

Just curious, what brought this up ?
It's not like we have another 9 months to think about it
He tweeted about how great Dabo was for giving Superbowl tickets away...not denying the gesture but it is gonna be 4 years of a grown man slobbering over another grown man

He tweeted about how great Dabo was for giving Superbowl tickets away...not denying the gesture but it is gonna be 4 years of a grown man slobbering over another grown man

I will probably get hit for this but why does it seem that anytime Dabo does something "good", there is lots of media involved?

More like 20 years. It won’t stop when his kids graduate.

Side note- it’s about to be featured on NFL Sunday on ESPN. The love fest is widespread

If only there were some way the Gamecocks could slow the Clemson train down a little. Hmm...

We just have to live with it until we beat them. Which I just don’t see right around the corner.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I am not denying the gesture of giving this boy the Superbowl tickets either, but does anyone else think the story is being very vague? Who exactly was responsible for giving these tickets to him? Dabo says, "The NFL is presenting you with these tickets." Did NFL Sunday elaborate on that? I was at church and couldn't watch.

Where’s your . At you illiterate punk..
jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

Reactions: BigTomE and ddw1263
for clemmy is going to be nauseating...God is not a Gamecock fan

We need to keep an eye on this and the current relationship with klemzun and herbstreit. What kind of deal was made accepting his sons in the program? What negative effect did this have on rejecting other kids who were prevented from being on the klemzun football team just to get herbstreit's kids and his publicity? How good at football are the herbstreit kids? Were there other kids that were better athletes?

We need to keep an eye on this and the current relationship with klemzun and herbstreit. What kind of deal was made accepting his sons in the program? What negative effect did this have on rejecting other kids who were prevented from being on the klemzun football team just to get herbstreit's kids and his publicity? How good at football are the herbstreit kids? Were there other kids that were better athletes?
Aren’t they walk ons?

I will probably get hit for this but why does it seem that anytime Dabo does something "good", there is lots of media involved?

That’s what’s so funny. Herbstreir snd Folwer and all of them tweeted about it and said “that’s what’s so great about Dabo.. he doesnt do this for the publicity” as they tweet about it to their millions of followers

If only there were some way the Gamecocks could slow the Clemson train down a little. Hmm...

We just have to live with it until we beat them. Which I just don’t see right around the corner.

Good point. History is written by the winners. They can spin it all how they want until we start beating them. Until then they will continue to spin the narrative that we are the dumb, classless rednecks. And no one will disagree

Reactions: LazyIslander
There are alot of coaches that do this type of stuff because they are so well off but only Dabo makes a video about it back in December for a timely release just before signing day in February.

Just wait until Herbstreit's kids don't get enough playing time.

Hopefully we"ll have PrimeTime. That would carry more weight with recruits. Could backfire on us though if he's not able to get on the field.

Aren’t they walk ons?

"Preferred Walk-Ons". "The athlete has not been noticed or taken seriously by recruiters. ... In some instances, a college coach or recruiter may designate an athlete as a "preferred walk-on" during the scouting process. In this situation, the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship."

In the definition of a preferred walk-on, it will be interesting to see if dabo has a player or players get upset because they aren't playing, and the "preferred walk-on herbstreit boys are "assured of a spot on the team".

"Preferred Walk-Ons". "The athlete has not been noticed or taken seriously by recruiters. ... In some instances, a college coach or recruiter may designate an athlete as a "preferred walk-on" during the scouting process. In this situation, the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship."

In the definition of a preferred walk-on, it will be interesting to see if dabo has a player or players get upset because they aren't playing, and the "preferred walk-on herbstreit boys are "assured of a spot on the team".
This has backfire written all over it.

This has backfire written all over it.

They've spent a ton of time around the team for years. You've seen them sitting on the bench as younger teenagers during games that Herbstreit called. They'll at least play scout team because Swinney's kids have the holder position locked up (that's what Rex Ryan's kid played; Rob Ryan's kid has yet to play, I think), but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT