ADVERTISEMENT

The 'Married" Guys WILL Make a Difference

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
Good Lord ... 19? - 20, 21, two ... three?
Girlfriend?
No, we're married.
Our guys that ARE 'married' have a tougher row to hoe ...

Do THEY beat their wives or girlfriends?
No! They go home and kiss their girls and their babies.

"When NAG, the basking cobra
Hears the wandering foot of man
He will often slither sideways to escape him if he can!
But his MATE makes no such motion
Where she sits beside the trail
'cause The FEMALE of the species
Is more deadly than the male!"

Back in '71 one of my VERY BEST friends in life today (and school, then) was a POOR boy from Chester, who was married at 20 and one hellava' Gamecock football player - their 'married student' apartment off Rosewood Drive was SO small their first child really DID sleep in a 'drawer' - 'cause there really was was no room for a crib in that 380-400 sq. foot apartment.

FOOTBALL? Some of these guys have more to think about. Let's honor these guys who not only go to class - and show up for practice ... but also take their turn changing diapers. We have NO 'scofflaws' on this team ... ALL the 'daddy's' we have have 'taken responsibility'. Small thing? I don't think so.

That's 'unusual' (believe me). That's South Carolina. That's 'good recruiting'. That's class. GO 'COCKS!

Is this the same SS1 that I normally see post on here? I have heard thinking out of the box, but dude you are on a whole different level on that one. Either there is a lot of meaning behind that rant that I am not aware of, or you have been dipping in grandma's old cough syrup again.

yah, yah ... 'bout what I expected coming from the chuckwagon crew in 'Blazing Saddles'. You circle J's may never change a diaper 'cause ain't a woman anywhere near Columbia gonna' - ahh, whatever.
Yea, there was 'meaning' ... it's hard enough being a college kid trying to pass, add to that playing ball, add to that being a husband, add to that being a father ... that was the 'point'.
The guy's we have in that circumstance are special people. It's a little 'tougher' for them but they're making it work.

Just pass the paper towels among 'ya.

Good Lord ... 19? - 20, 21, two ... three?
Girlfriend?
No, we're married.
Our guys that ARE 'married' have a tougher row to hoe ...

Do THEY beat their wives or girlfriends?
No! They go home and kiss their girls and their babies.

"When NAG, the basking cobra
Hears the wandering foot of man
He will often slither sideways to escape him if he can!
But his MATE makes no such motion
Where she sits beside the trail
'cause The FEMALE of the species
Is more deadly than the male!"

Back in '71 one of my VERY BEST friends in life today (and school, then) was a POOR boy from Chester, who was married at 20 and one hellava' Gamecock football player - their 'married student' apartment off Rosewood Drive was SO small their first child really DID sleep in a 'drawer' - 'cause there really was was no room for a crib in that 380-400 sq. foot apartment.

FOOTBALL? Some of these guys have more to think about. Let's honor these guys who not only go to class - and show up for practice ... but also take their turn changing diapers. We have NO 'scofflaws' on this team ... ALL the 'daddy's' we have have 'taken responsibility'. Small thing? I don't think so.

That's 'unusual' (believe me). That's South Carolina. That's 'good recruiting'. That's class. GO 'COCKS!

LOL! You are as vapid and clueless as ever. Remember when you said that Columbia did not have a Publix?

Reactions: DirtyCock99
LOL! You are as vapid and clueless as ever. Remember when you said that Columbia did not have a Publix?

WOW! I'd completely forgotten that! Dang, 19 posts. It's good to know it made a sufficient impact you were willing to come out of retirement to comment! Are you the one with the white face or the white feet?

YEARS ago after graduating we lived on the NW corner of Wilmot & Ott in Shandon before moving across the street to Heathwood - then moving away. Had we stayed we'd probably still be clueless about Publix and doing all our shopping at either Earth Fare or the Piggly Wiggly just down the street.

But by all means YOU enjoy your shopping in Florida's favorite store! (I've heard it said that Jameis Winston thinks their crab legs are absolutely to DIE for!) I wouldn't know.

I saw something about a baby sleeping in a drawer and then i lost consciousness and woke back up at the bottom of the thread. Did everything end up OK with the baby?

o_O

Thank you FORKCOCK, LOL!!! That's some crazy rant right there,
Don't know why you say that. I don't see why people are jumping on SS for a nice post. Maybe some of them skipped breakfast or their wives had a headache.

confused048.gif

It's for 'medicinal' purposes!!! ... and caused me to wax nostalgic for my lifelong buddy, who found himself stuck in 'Carolina's 'married' housing - with his newborn forced to sleep on a pallet constructed in a drawer.

FWIW - that lifelong friend was a pretty dang-good Gamecock football player (and now sports an impressive Gamecock tattoo to prove it!) who apparently didn't cause any long-term damage to that first 'son' as a result of his early sleeping arrangements (he now works for Pop).

About 17-years after I witnessed that makeshift crib the same son (a sound sleeper with a perpetual smile on his face as an infant) was a starter on the Citadel football-team that beat his conflicted Dad's Alma Mata

THAT PART of the story was painful for ME to watch ... but it's become a nice tidbit 'tween Father and Son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT