ADVERTISEMENT

The Masters - Heading over Thursday

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
Going to be dodging rain but it's a tradition to go with one of my kids so we will brave the weather and at least hit the gift shop and of course have to drop about 5 c-notes on clothing as usual.

Reactions: sclawman77
Turned out to be a really nice day. Very comfortable temperature. Wind wasn't much at all until mid-afternoon. Then there were some pretty good gusts.

Big crowds but not bad at all in in terms of around the greens until later in the afternoon.

Lines for the gift shops (front entrance and rear gate) were as long as I've ever seen in 20 or so years going over there when we first arrived and until after lunch. So, my son and I waited until late afternoon to walk through the shop and there was no line at that point.

Saw more groups of men sitting together and walking around together - seemed to be corporate types- than I normally do. Probably just where I was sitting. Not a big deal except they seem to drink a lot more than if they were with their families- and as a result drop a lot more F-Bombs and GDs- which isn't cool at all around other people and children. Just typically don't hear that as much over there but heard a ton of it today.

I guess this is just society now though- seems like a lot of people just talk like this all the time - heard some of this even walking in the entrance this morning- just a guy walking along talking to a guy beside him and dropping repeated F bombs loud enough for anyone and everyone within 15 feet to hear it.

Also heard some of those folks trying to engage some of the golfers more than I normally do- and not in a good way. I normally don't see that at Augusta- it's more of a laid back, courteous crowd. Heard a lot more things today that the staff members there will warn you about if they hear it.

Turned out to be a really nice day. Very comfortable temperature. Wind wasn't much at all until mid-afternoon. Then there were some pretty good gusts.

Big crowds but not bad at all in in terms of around the greens until later in the afternoon.

Lines for the gift shops (front entrance and rear gate) were as long as I've ever seen in 20 or so years going over there when we first arrived and until after lunch. So, my son and I waited until late afternoon to walk through the shop and there was no line at that point.

Saw more groups of men sitting together and walking around together - seemed to be corporate types- than I normally do. Probably just where I was sitting. Not a big deal except they seem to drink a lot more than if they were with their families- and as a result drop a lot more F-Bombs and GDs- which isn't cool at all around other people and children. Just typically don't hear that as much over there but heard a ton of it today.

I guess this is just society now though- seems like a lot of people just talk like this all the time - heard some of this even walking in the entrance this morning- just a guy walking along talking to a guy beside him and dropping repeated F bombs loud enough for anyone and everyone within 15 feet to hear it.

Also heard some of those folks trying to engage some of the golfers more than I normally do- and not in a good way. I normally don't see that at Augusta- it's more of a laid back, courteous crowd. Heard a lot more things today that the staff members there will warn you about if they hear it.
I’ve been attending since the mid to late 70’s. I’m a ticket holder and so is my mother. Not able to go this year but don’t like reading your comments, there’s no place for that at Augusta. I actually heard a patron using that kind of language during the broadcast yesterday and couldn’t believe it. Then again, I saw that one foreigner scream out the F-bomb after missing a par put.

I’ve been attending since the mid to late 70’s. I’m a ticket holder and so is my mother. Not able to go this year but don’t like reading your comments, there’s no place for that at Augusta. I actually heard a patron using that kind of language during the broadcast yesterday and couldn’t believe it. Then again, I saw that one foreigner scream out the F-bomb after missing a par put.

My daughter is going today. It told her a bit about it but I'll be interested to see if Friday is different.

It was still a blast and a great day. It didn't spoil the day.

Let me clarify- this was was something I experienced while sitting at one hole and walking in during the morning and then walking out next to the practice range when leaving. It was from a group of about 5-7 men. They were sort of friendly guys but dropping too much bad language. I suspect it was just because they were altogether and acting a bit foolish. My son said it was mainly due to drinking too much but I wasn't sure myself. They weren't kids- they were 40-50 year olds.

Those same guys were making bets with each other on putts and tried to engage a 5-6 of the golfers in their bets which is really stupid- aggravating and clearly not something the golfers want to hear on Thursday at a Major. I was hoping a hole staffer would have heard it and warned them. But the staffer was too far away. I've seen them call out people before.

When entering, I heard the one guy using bad language, and then when leaving I had a guy behind me saying "F" this and "F" that simply while he was talking to several guys he was walking with - No reason for it. It's like they've never been in public before. Women, older people, some young teens walking right near us just minding their own business.

I just heard more than I've heard before - but all in all it was from less than 10 people. I hope it's not a trend. I know everyone seems to be talking like that in general conversation now- even some women- but I hope it passes.

It was still a great day. The weather and conditions until about 1-2 were perfect- and after that just windy- but it wasn't constant.

The course was in fantastic shape. They've done some great work adding the concessions and new bathrooms over near the 17th green as you are walking on the path to cross over 18.

Scheffler is unshakable. Clear best player in the world. Has all the tools and talent. Outspoken about his faith too. Nothing but respect for him as a player and person.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
You know the fans are getting a little rowdy when Zach Johnson tells them to F off.

Reactions: DeeDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT