ADVERTISEMENT

The Match, from Montana

uscg1984

Mar 9, 2006
SW Montana
Anybody planning to watch this made-for-TV golf event today? Mickelson and Brady vs. DeChambeau and Rodgers. I'll probably tune in just because they are playing on a beautiful course in Big Sky, MT. The reserve at Moonlight Basin is over 8000 yards long with a 777 yard par-5 hole. Sitting at an elevation of 7,500 feet, golf shots get LOTS of carry on this course. There should be some real bombs from Mickelson and Dechambeau tonight.

I might switch over. In the sports-starved world of 2020, The Match with Manning and Brady had me enthralled. Great TV.

Now I’m just not as inclined to really try and get into it, but it could still provide some interesting scenarios.

DeChambeau with a 480 yard drive on hole #8! But the highlight of the hole was the bear hanging out just outside the rough. lol.

I'm moving to Montana. Anybody on here live in Montana? A lot of land up there.

I'm moving to Montana. Anybody on here live in Montana? A lot of land up there.
I live in Montana, but I don't live in Big Sky or the Moonlight Basin "enclave." lol. Actually, I think Tom Brady and Giselle have a house in the Yellowstone Club at Big Sky. That's about the kind of money you need for Big Sky. Big Sky is a beautiful area, but the billionaires are trying hard to run the millionaires out of there.

As for there being a lot of land in Montana, yes, that's true. But it ain't cheap. The last 15 months have seen insane increases around here. I'm afraid this state has been "discovered."

Reactions: jeff2001
Bozeman has been discovered for a while. Locals have been pushed out.

We just keep gobbling up land and keep on moving... the American way.

I have 20+ acres outside of Red Lodge that was completely destroyed in the 30,000 acre Robertson Draw Fire two weeks ago, that is still burning. Luckily, we weren't planning on building for a few more years. Our neighbors house literally burned to the ground. Now, our beautiful forest/mountain view...

e214a30c-01b0-44a0-bc8a-ddb4d3c28e23-medium16x9_RobertsonDrawFire.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: pepsicock
I have 20+ acres outside of Red Lodge that was completely destroyed in the 30,000 acre Robertson Draw Fire two weeks ago, that is still burning. Luckily, we weren't planning on building for a few more years. Our neighbors house literally burned to the ground. Now, our beautiful forest/mountain view...

Sorry to hear that, man. The silver lining is that with all the fuel burned up, that area should be relatively safe from fires for a while. Also, when it comes back out, it will be very green and lush.

Also, I saw where a guy has been arrested and charged with starting that fire.

Reactions: king ward

Ouch. Sorry about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT