ADVERTISEMENT

The playoff system

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
more than anything else has propelled Clemson into a top school in football and has had as much to do with their recent recruiting success as anything. They are sitting atop a weak ACC that gets it's champ an auto into the playoffs. Taters have the easiest road to the playoffs in college football. The day will come when the Orange luster will fade but it won't happen until someone in the ACC can man up to them and we can again start beating them. There is much great pub attached to a playoff berth and nobody in the land knows how to promote it better than Swinney. Muschamp is building our program not only to compete with Clemson but our foes in the SEC as well. Because of the SEC being so tough to win in, no, we won't make the playoff each year but in the years we don't, it will be nice to defeat Clemson and win another big bowl. Here's hoping this year we thwart the Tater playoff hopes and snatch the East Division from the leg humpers.

They aren't going anywhere soon but we are slowly adding depth that will give us a better chance in the future. I don't see it this year as their defense is all back. And we have not scored on them in the first 3 quarters in 2 years.

Well, Richt has significantly improved
Miami's recruiting so they should be a strong contender in the ACC in a year or two. And I think Taggart will have a better impact on FSU than Jimbo did, so that could be another. Also keep thinking that Louisville will start having an impact.

Muschamp is recruiting well and seems to be laying a solid foundation for better recruiting in the future. Hopefully the offense will be much improved with McClendon/Werner in charge and we will also achieve success against them.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Until a few years ago, you could say that the ACC winner would have the easiest path to a 4-team playoff, but, as much as it pains me to say it, Dabo has built a legit powerhouse team in Clemson. It's equally painful for me to the admit that the ACC is better than it was when FSU was running rough-shod through the conference and the SEC East, with the exception of UGA over the past few years, has looked more like the ACC of 10 years ago.

I believe Muschamp is moving us in the right direction and I think we may be a contender in a couple of years. But it's frustrating to know that last year and this year are the absolute _easiest_ schedules we have had since joining the SEC. The window of opportunity won't stay open forever.

more than anything else has propelled Clemson into a top school in football and has had as much to do with their recent recruiting success as anything. They are sitting atop a weak ACC that gets it's champ an auto into the playoffs. Taters have the easiest road to the playoffs in college football. The day will come when the Orange luster will fade but it won't happen until someone in the ACC can man up to them and we can again start beating them. There is much great pub attached to a playoff berth and nobody in the land knows how to promote it better than Swinney. Muschamp is building our program not only to compete with Clemson but our foes in the SEC as well. Because of the SEC being so tough to win in, no, we won't make the playoff each year but in the years we don't, it will be nice to defeat Clemson and win another big bowl. Here's hoping this year we thwart the Tater playoff hopes and snatch the East Division from the leg humpers.

I do believe that as time goes on you will get better under Muschamp. However, I don’t understand the talk about how hard the SEC is. Especially in the last few years, it’s been Bama and then everyone else. Except for UGA last year the east has been down for a long time. I agree with another poster on here, USC needs to get good fast, the window may be closing.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
The next ACC power school is Virginia Tech. They will beat KKKlempsux in ACCCG.

VaTech has been a solid program for a decade or longer, VT's issue will be a resurgent Miami program. As good as VT will be, it may not be enough to beat out Richt's team for the division title on a consistent basis.

Reactions: TigersWin66
Your argument might hold weight if Clemson hadn’t beaten Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Auburn, ND and you guys in the last 3 years.
Elvis is dead and Watson is gone. Who has Clemson beaten since Watson left? Fear the Spur, the gap is closing quicker than you might realize.

Elvis is dead and Watson is gone. Who has Clemson beaten since Watson left? Fear the Spur, the gap is closing quicker than you might realize.
newthumb_11__1.png

Reactions: ddw1263
Post one link where they gave us credit for being the better team during 5 in a row. All I remember is excuses from head coach down to inbreed fan. I’m not giving them credit for sh!t.

Your argument might hold weight if Clemson hadn’t beaten Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Auburn, ND and you guys in the last 3 years.
This is true. How can anybody argue ?
The op was basically saying that Clemson has benefited the most from the playoffs. They had originally the easiest road to playoffs and the 5 star recruits noticed. The playoffs gave them a leg up on almost everyone else besides Alabama.
Nobody doubts that Clemson has a good team and are set up to continue but we have to strive to close the gap and hope they stumble a few times to slow down the allure of the orange clad goat lovers.

Are you trolling? Serious question. They beat the dog sh*t out of us at home this year in their down year. They’ll be better this year, and will make the playoff again. He’ll, they might win another title this year. What could possibly make you think the gap is closing?

Didn't Clem kill them in Blacksburg last season? I don't see them as a threat to CU. Miami is our best hope.
They have Fuentes now which has a tempo offense and they still have Bud! They need a really good QB and VT would exponentially get better! Problem is Dabo is getting better players now as well due to playoff publicity.

If the playoff system didnt exist last year Clemson would have been in the NC against UGA or OK. Based on the BCS. Same as the year before.

I dont think you can blame the playoffs.

Stupid thread.

Lord, it's April...give it a rest.

I am EA Martin! AKA the man! Why would I give anything a rest? The E stands for Evelyn....just so you know snowflake....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT