ADVERTISEMENT

The post and courier article

jedi_mike

Mar 29, 2008
it’s not on my phone at the moment but it was about the Clempson drug test..if I can recall ,it was only about 20-30 random people that got tested but the real meat of the article saying that Clempson wasn’t going to test no more players to see if they was doing drugs..

Can't say I'm surprised Clemson didn't test more athletes. I doubt any other school would either. What I find so bad about the situation is with numerous positives found, the Ncaa had probable cause to conduct more tests but decided not to.

I really think you are correct, meaning Clemson might be held to a different standard. The NCAA needs diversity of conferences and an ACC team in the playoffs, thus Clemson is protected.

Reactions: PC31
I really think you are correct, meaning Clemson might be held to a different standard. The NCAA needs diversity of conferences and an ACC team in the playoffs, thus Clemson is protected.
Agreed. Somewhere along the line diversity and inclusion took precedent over the integrity of the game and the well being of the athletes that participate in them. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockgun
The NCAA and it's members schools conduct the drug testing. A majority of schools also conduct their own tests as well.
Should Clemson decide they won't conduct their own test does not mean they will be able circumvent the process.

Reactions: rogue cock
Clemson did not test — and has no plans to test — more members of its newly crowned national championship football team for performance enhancing drugs as part of an in-house probe in the wake of three ostarine suspensions last month. Failed drug tests kept star defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and two other players out of College Football Playoff wins over Notre Dame and Alabama.

https://www.postandcourier.com/colu...cle_6615cdf8-219d-11e9-9663-cfd49594d1b2.html

Can't say I'm surprised Clemson didn't test more athletes. I doubt any other school would either. What I find so bad about the situation is with numerous positives found, the Ncaa had probable cause to conduct more tests but decided not to.

Do they have authority to do that?

I am just glad one newspaper from S.C. had the nads to write about this doping going on at Clemson and i hope they keep it up because the people of this state and country deserve the right to know. That is 15% of the players tested were positive and the NCAA said about 10 a year out of 1,100 tests are positive. I sent a 3 page letter to the NCAA this week demanding something to be done about this and i stated if they do nothing then the next letter will be sent directly to the NCAA president Mark Emmert and to the Atlanta Journal Constitution so the whole damn world can see how the NCAA is turning their head on this and doing nothing. If enough of the media stays on the NCAA then maybe they will do something. I am waiting 1 week and i am sending the 2nd letter. I got the addresses for both off the net so why don't some of you people do the same thing. We can't just let this go away. If it can be proved that they played the title game with players on PEDs which i know they did, then they should be stripped of that title like they did Southern Cal for Reggie Bush's cash he got to play for them, which made him ineligible and Clemson players would be ineligible too if they test positive.

I am just glad one newspaper from S.C. had the nads to write about this doping going on at Clemson and i hope they keep it up because the people of this state and country deserve the right to know. That is 15% of the players tested were positive and the NCAA said about 10 a year out of 1,100 tests are positive. I sent a 3 page letter to the NCAA this week demanding something to be done about this and i stated if they do nothing then the next letter will be sent directly to the NCAA president Mark Emmert and to the Atlanta Journal Constitution so the whole damn world can see how the NCAA is turning their head on this and doing nothing. If enough of the media stays on the NCAA then maybe they will do something. I am waiting 1 week and i am sending the 2nd letter. I got the addresses for both off the net so why don't some of you people do the same thing. We can't just let this go away. If it can be proved that they played the title game with players on PEDs which i know they did, then they should be stripped of that title like they did Southern Cal for Reggie Bush's cash he got to play for them, which made him ineligible and Clemson players would be ineligible too if they test positive.

Or, we can just start beating them AGAIN and free up the bandwidth. ;)

Do they have authority to do that?
Good question. IDK. They don't seem to have much of a problem with conducting in depth investigations based on mere aligations made against schools. Hard to believe they'd be limited when it comes to in depth investigations where you have proven violations.

Well, hell's bells, go to the dance with the next prettiest gal in school - Florida State. Sometimes I think the NCAA is on mind-dulling drugs - they just don't THINK.

Or, we can just start beating them AGAIN and free up the bandwidth. ;)
I want the NCAA to do their damn job regardless of what the outcome is. If any school has 15% of their players test positive for the same illegal PED, that is grounds for an immediate investigation. If it was Carolina do you think the NCAA would be treating us the same way, i don't think so.

Reactions: PC31
The whole investigation into where the ostarine came from is nothing but smoke and mirrors til people quit talking about it. If they really didn’t already know where it came from, and genuinely wanted to know, testing the rest of the team would help you narrow down the search. No point though when you are just putting on a show and already know

Reactions: Lakecock1 and PC31
Maybe we ought to send this to every recruit's parents that they are in on.

Only a irresponsible parent would let their kid go to a school that does this and covers it up.

Good question. IDK. They don't seem to have much of a problem with conducting in depth investigations based on mere aligations made against schools. Hard to believe they'd be limited when it comes to in depth investigations where you have proven violations.
They aren't limited...and they don't need "probable cause." The reason they limit testing is due to the expense of the testing.

Well, why didn’t they test the rest of Bama’s players?

They aren't limited...and they don't need "probable cause." The reason they limit testing is due to the expense of the testing.
That should be addressed then. Something like if multiple violations are found requiring further examination, the cost of further exam goes to the university. It should be unacceptable not to see how deep a problem is because of the expense to do so. Especially when the health and well being of the student athlete is concerned.

It would hurt some of our fans feelings, to know that some of our players (Football and Baseball) do or at least did the same stuff when I was in school. Hint it was in the last 10 years.
That's why I didn't buy for a second they (Clemson players) didn't know how they got it in their system.

Reactions: flatwoodcock
It would hurt some of our fans feelings, to know that some of our players (Football and Baseball) do or at least did the same stuff when I was in school. Hint it was in the last 10 years.
That's why I didn't buy for a second they (Clemson players) didn't know how they got it in their system.
Well if you use PEDs it is like any other illegal drug, you might get caught and you might not. But they were caught so the NCAA do there damn job and investigate.

Well....yes, the NCAA can choose to test however many players they want to, but it is expensive to do so. They are not a police organization so they don't need "probably cause."

I didn't bring up probable cause. I just know they have bylaws and such that stipulate what they can do and how they must do it.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT