ADVERTISEMENT

The problem with spread offenses....per the NFL...sound familiar ?

superflyby

Mar 12, 2007
Monroe NC
This explains our players to a tee at some positions.......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-college-are-a-huge-disservice-to-players/
“I’m not wanting to offend anybody, but college football, offensively, has gotten to be really, really bad fundamentally,” Cable said Tuesday on 710 ESPN in Seattle. “Unfortunately, I think we’re doing a huge disservice to offensive football players, other than a receiver, that come out of these spread systems. “The runners aren’t as good. They aren’t taught how to run. The blockers aren’t as good. The quarterbacks aren’t as good. They don’t know how to read coverage and throw progressions. They have no idea.”

Do you think it might be better to go to a QB that can call his own plays for the most part.....check down on his own...get a feel of the game instead of a feel for the sideline ? I think this looking to the sideline on offense and defense takes the players minds off the game and focuses it on the coaches. We used to have a defensive player call the defense and the QB called the plays. The players might be better off playing more that way than this system crap that we do today. If you complete a 50 yard pass what difference does it make if you do with a 'run to the line 5 second count' or a '25 second look over the defense count'. It's always been about execution and not the speed of the game itself.....quicker players is one thing, quicker plays are quite another. Just execute the damn play.....someone lied to us.....IMO....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT