ADVERTISEMENT

The real sign something is wrong with Carolina Men’s sports

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
In one weeks time we have had the football and now men’s basketball coach apologize to the fans for the performance, or lack thereof, of their program. The football team completely no showed against Clemson and now Basketball plays like crap and starts acting like idiots at end of the game. I think we are way past the point of coaches apologizing and it is a department thing that needs to be checked with men’s athletics. They clearly need something. I think Shane will fix it and although I love Frank, I am at the point now where I am tired of these performances against less than teams, and I love Coastal as an alumni but they should not have been able to drub Carolina like they did. Frank’s teams are way to often playing less than stellar. Apologies need to stop and performance has to improve. Fans are sick of apologies because they are staring to mean nothing.
Ok my rant is done.

In one weeks time we have had the football and now men’s basketball coach apologize to the fans for the performance, or lack thereof, of their program. The football team completely no showed against Clemson and now Basketball plays like crap and starts acting like idiots at end of the game. I think we are way past the point of coaches apologizing and it is a department thing that needs to be checked with men’s athletics. They clearly need something. I think Shane will fix it and although I love Frank, I am at the point now where I am tired of these performances against less than teams, and I love Coastal as an alumni but they should not have been able to drub Carolina like they did. Frank’s teams are way to often playing less than stellar. Apologies need to stop and performance has to improve. Fans are sick of apologies because they are staring to mean nothing.
Ok my rant is done.
Completely nothing to do with your post other than you stated you are a CCU alum. Do you find it hard to pull against them when they are playing U Of SC, or do you even pull for them in that scenario? My undergrad is from North Greenville but if they ever rose to the FBS level like Coastal, I don't think I could pull for them over Clemson as a life time fan and having a Masters from Clemson.

Ok my rant is done.
There is a difference in the apologies. Beamer was apologizing to the fans. Frank to Coastal for the crap at the end of the game and poor play.

Beamer cares about our fans. Frank doesn't give a crap.

In games like last night I figured I can’t lose. Either team that wins I am happy. However I wish Carolina had at least showed a pulse. It’s like my grandfather did when we went to a game with Carolina against Navy, he went to USC and was in the Navy in WW2 so when we went to the game between the two he took two hats. When Carolina did good he put that hat on and when Navy did good he switched hats. 😁 That’s how I feel between the two. However in football I have to pull for Coastal if they play each other because my daughter is at Coastal and is working with the football team now and LOVES it. That whole staff is tremendous and really takes good care of her. She has nothing bad to say about any of them.

Ok my rant is done.
Just curious, why do you love Frank. He is a very average coach at best, average recruiter at best and outside one magically season what has he done to deserve all the love from fans. We are going on 5 years since that run and zero tourney invites in that period. We have a losing conference record in these 5 years and 2 games above .500 in overall games, I just don’t get it. Maybe you just personally love him as a person and that’s okay, but we shouldn’t be keeping coaches that are nice people but can’t show a pulse or any improvement.

Just curious, why do you love Frank. He is a very average coach at best, average recruiter at best and outside one magically season what has he done to deserve all the love from fans. We are going on 5 years since that run and zero tourney invites in that period. We have a losing conference record in these 5 years and 2 games above .500 in overall games, I just don’t get it. Maybe you just personally love him as a person and that’s okay, but we shouldn’t be keeping coaches that are nice people but can’t show a pulse or any improvement.
As a person he is great and I do wish he was successful but it is what it is after ten years. I have talked with him a couple of times and really do like him a lot as a person but I do believe it is time to do more if you are at a school for ten years.

As a person he is great and I do wish he was successful but it is what it is after ten years. I have talked with him a couple of times and really do like him a lot as a person but I do believe it is time to do more if you are at a school for ten years.
I was a big fan until I had some personal interactions with him outside of basketball. My perception of him really soured. It's all about him.

Our biggest problem is an inept AD and BOD!!!😎

Are biggest problem is us . Stop spending money , stop supporting mediocrity. I give Beamer a bit of a pass because he inherited a dumpster fire but anyone who spends money on MBB is part of the problem . Ray spoke loud and clear …. If we don’t care about MBB performance he doesn’t care . Business as usual . If on a wait and see approach with Beamer . If he puts an exciting product on the field I’ll open my wallet but not until .

Are biggest problem is us . Stop spending money , stop supporting mediocrity. I give Beamer a bit of a pass because he inherited a dumpster fire but anyone who spends money on MBB is part of the problem . Ray spoke loud and clear …. If we don’t care about MBB performance he doesn’t care . Business as usual . If on a wait and see approach with Beamer . If he puts an exciting product on the field I’ll open my wallet but not until .
Get ready to be tarred and feathered by the "you're not a real fan!" crowd. 😒

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Name another profession where you can make $3,000,000.00 a year for decade but only have one successful year.

Name another profession where you can make $3,000,000.00 a year for decade but only have one successful year.
You hate the playah; its the game you should hate.

In basketball AND football, after coach after coach after coach after coach, after AD after AD after AD after AD, maybe its not actually "coach" or "AD" that keeps us from success as programs.

Reactions: rogue cock
Completely nothing to do with your post other than you stated you are a CCU alum. Do you find it hard to pull against them when they are playing U Of SC, or do you even pull for them in that scenario? My undergrad is from North Greenville but if they ever rose to the FBS level like Coastal, I don't think I could pull for them over Clemson as a life time fan and having a Masters from Clemson.
Please refresh my memory why you are on this site…undergrad from NG and Masters from CU and lifelong Clemson fan? Am I missing something? Are you a Carolina fan…or just come to this site to converse with USC fans instead of your Clemson brothers?

Last edited:
Please refresh my memory why you are on this site…undergrad from NG and Masters from CU and lifelong Clemson fan? Am I missing something? Are you a Carolina fan…or just come to this site to converse with USC fans instead of your Clemson brothers?
Enjoy football conversation, and many of the OT talks that are presented here. I’m on the Clemson boards too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT