ADVERTISEMENT

the San Francisco gamecock's might be my favorite NFL team.

What's the competition like at rb for the niners? Will Davis have a shot?

He'll definitely have a shot. They have their starter in Carlos Hyde, but with Gore leaving, there's really only one back with any experience on the roster, Kendall Hunter. Hunter is good, but more of a change of pace back. I think Davis could get a fair share of carries if he makes the team. Probably fewer carries than Hunter, but he could see the field fairly often his rookie year.

It can't be Gamecocks plural until someone other than Bruce makes the team does it not?

Put up any gamecock player on this board and some smart ass has to take a cheap shot at them. Sad. Dylan Thompson was a solid gamecock player, a.h. and gave a lot more to the program and you ever will. Keyboard cheap shot artist.

Thanks Todd. Sounds like the roster gives Davis a break which is critical in making it in the NFL.

With all the gamecock's on the team might need to change their name?

LINK: http://boxscorenews.com/five-things-to-watch-at-san-francisco-ers-rookie-minicamp-p122718-68.htm

4. Gamecock Crew

There will be moments during minicamp where the 49ers offensive lineup will look similar to the 2014 South Carolina offense. Undrafted free agent will be under center, fourth-round pick will be lined up behind him at running back and seventh-round selection will be split wide at tight end.

"It keeps you from getting homesick," Davis said. "Seeing guys like Bruce (Ellington), Busta and Dylan in the locker room and at practice is great."

Anderson might be the most comfortable of the bunch, having the opportunity to catch passes from a quarterback he's used to. He said that Thompson has become one of his best friends during their time together at South Carolina.

"It's kind of unreal to have that many guys that you played with on the same team at the next level," said Anderson. "Dylan is a great guy. He's one of the guys, if I had anything going on outside of football, I would go to him and go to his family. We've built a close relationship over the past four years. To be with him and my other teammates is a blessing."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT