ADVERTISEMENT

The Washington Football Team

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
New temporary name for the Redskins. Numbers on the helmet. Gamecocks not far behind. The University of South Carolina-Columbia Football team. Go USCCFT.

I swear the Washington team has received more attention on this board since, well since ever.
I give it 2 years and then no one will care again.

Reactions: jonesz21
I swear the Washington team has received more attention on this board since, well since ever.
I give it 2 years and then no one will care again.
I was suppose to care when they were on our TV all the time long ago because we had no other team. You must be a youngster. They have deep roots here.

I did not watch much then. The came the Atlanta Football Team and Charlotte Football team. Did not watch them either, and now I'm not going to watch any of them. Not even my fave Buffalo Football Team.

The ballzy move would to keep the RedSkin name with a @ next to it. F**k BLM, Antifa, thugs, robbers and fire setters. My life growing up was just fine and the blacks I associated with were just fine with me to them and them to me. They be a lot happier if they re-elect Donald and quite killing each other.

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
The ballzy move would to keep the RedSkin name with a @ next to it. F**k BLM, Antifa, thugs, robbers and fire setters. My life growing up was just fine and the blacks I associated with were just fine with me to them and them to me. They;d be a lot happier if they re-elect Donald and quit killing each other.

I was suppose to care when they were on our TV all the time long ago because we had no other team. You must be a youngster. They have deep roots here.

I did not watch much then. The came the Atlanta Football Team and Charlotte Football team. Did not watch them either, and now I'm not going to watch any of them. Not even my fave Buffalo Football Team.
Then, why start a thread about it?

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
So, they had no problem deciding what not to be called, but considerable trouble deciding what to be called.

Can you blame them? They've got to come up with a name that panders to every minority group, perceived minority group, perceived victim of institutional racism, etc.

Good luck to them.

I actually like it. If they called themselves The Washington Football Club it's a homerun. It's a bit soccer-ish, but why not? They could have old school uniforms like they used to have that have no designs - just their colors (think Penn State). It would be different, but different sells.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
They probably have a name but they'll have to clear up the trademark issue that some moron has set for them. They'll likely try to litigate it instead of paying him outright. But who knows.

I no longer recognize the world that I am living in. Everything has gone absolute looney tunes. We are living in the Twilight Zone. Fo Real.
Yep, witnessed my first customer/ retail employee mask take down today. The clerk and I just laughed at the jerk. Guess that put me in a mood to take on smart a**** comments. Not like me, but as you say, it is the twilight zone.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I no longer recognize the world that I am living in. Everything has gone absolute looney tunes. We are living in the Twilight Zone. Fo Real.

Everything that our fathers and grandfathers would have handled very simply, becomes a complex question involving virtue signalling about slavery or supremacy, some lives mattering more than others, and defunding them all. And wrecking the damn planet because we are consuming oxygen and respiring carbon dioxide. Do you suppose sanity will return, or is this as good as it gets? Divine intervention needed.

How can a college freshman cope with all the b.s.?

Everything that our fathers and grandfathers would have handled very simply, becomes a complex question involving virtue signalling about slavery or supremacy, some lives mattering more than others, and defunding them all. And wrecking the damn planet because we are consuming oxygen and respiring carbon dioxide. Do you suppose sanity will return, or is this as good as it gets? Divine intervention needed.

Anson, it's ok man. I remember I thought the Russians were gonna drop the bomb on our heads any minute back in the early 80s. It was easy to get wound up. Never happened. Then we had AIDS....everybody was going to die. It was bad, but a lot of folks survived. It's ok to make a fuss on here, mix it up a bit, but if you are really feeling pressed, get some help. I know I did and realized we are all pawns of a big media madness that has overtaken our society. It's all going to be ok. Go to church, get some counseling, find some peace, and know that the majority of what you are hearing, on this board, and across this land, is just noise. The real problems will work themselves out.

I'm just yanking your chain. I believe you will continue following the NFL and cheer on the Bills.
Yank yank, back at ya. It's what all of us are doing while we navigate this messy world we live in. All love to ya.

Anson, it's ok man. I remember I thought the Russians were gonna drop the bomb on our heads any minute back in the early 80s. It was easy to get wound up. Never happened. Then we had AIDS....everybody was going to die. It was bad, but a lot of folks survived. It's ok to make a fuss on here, mix it up a bit, but if you are really feeling pressed, get some help. I know I did and realized we are all pawns of a big media madness that has overtaken our society. It's all going to be ok. Go to church, get some counseling, find some peace, and know that the majority of what you are hearing, on this board, and across this land, is just noise. The real problems will work themselves out.

Thank you for the well intentioned and empathetic reply. I will be ok, I just need to chill a bit. I have concerns based on observations, that due to the media mis direction, we may get ourselves in a state from which me never can recover as a country. Doesn't much matter for me because I am older, but I hate it for the younger people.

Reactions: Cybercock
Thank you for the well intentioned and empathetic reply. I will be ok, I just need to chill a bit. I have concerns based on observations, that due to the media mis direction, we may get ourselves in a state from which me never can recover as a country. Doesn't much matter for me because I am older, but I hate it for the younger people.
Me too!

15% of the population of the US is wagging the dog. This is insane. I try not to be prejudiced; however, I am running out of options.

Divine intervention will not happen for a country who slaughters millions of innocent babies and celebrates perversion. I am convinced that this country is DONE. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollas. It is just a matter of time before we experience financial collapse due to massive debt and govt. spending and from there, civil war.

15% of the population of the US is wagging the dog. This is insane. I try not to be prejudiced; however, I am running out of options.
Seriously? Do not let the media convince you that all blacks are for this ridiculousness, not to mention the fact that 75% of the "protesters" are white kids. In actuality, about 3% of the 15% are wagging the dog....

Reactions: jeff2001
Seriously? Do not let the media convince you that all blacks are for this ridiculousness, not to mention the fact that 75% of the "protesters" are white kids. In actuality, about 3% of the 15% are wagging the dog....
I agree most are white. And in Portland and Seattle, they are all white.

ADVERTISEMENT