ADVERTISEMENT

The weakest generations

These kids are unbelievable. They disavow any responsibility and blame everyone else

Horrible traits, we agree. Hopefully they're never put in a position of leadership. That would be a disaster.
Does the older generation not do this? Think hard about what we see playing out in our politics today (on both sides) before you answer... These are literally the leaders of the free world and nobody takes responsibility or blame for ANNNNYYYTHHHHINNNG

Again... Some are throwing stones from glass houses in this thread.

That is the generation that grew up smoking dope and then when they grew up and took power waged a “drug war” against the citizens of our own country.

That is the generation that was supposed to end all wars and instead has us embroiled in and endless cycle of profiteer war mongering in the middle East.

That was the generation preaching free love and equality while oppressing the Hell out of any person not a white man.

That generation certainly DID identify all these problems facing the world today, exploding in our faces currently... they identified these evils 50-60 years ago when they were young and did NOTHING to fix ANY OF THEM! You give them credit for identifying these issues... I will use a quote my buddy who is a big time engineer at Exxon uses when his employees come to him to report problems. “Hey that was a great job identifying the problem there buddy, Now how about come back with a SOLUTION. That is what I hired you for.” Identifying problems means nothing if you do nothing to fix them and the generation you mentioned obviously has not done enough to address those problems.

People gripe about young people today? They identified these issues and are literally marching in the streets to try to fix them as the generation you referred to has FAILED. The generation who grew up hippies left the fields of Woodstock, put out the joint roaches and fell right in line with corporate America. They forgot all about free love and rode their privilege to a comfy retirement. They forgot about legalizing weed and started drug wars that decimated minority communities and cost the American tax payers TRILLIONS to prosecute non violent offenders who just wanted to do the same things they did at Woodstock. Their generation ramped up environmental movements and simultaneously relied on the worst polluting sources of energy available.. I can go on and on about the WEAKNESS AND NEGLIGENCE of that generation but currently we are a nation on the edge of collapse because of THEM. That is my parent’s generation and they are so full of themselves of all their accomplishments meanwhile they never won a war (Vietnam was a big L and the Middle East wars are still raging), they ruined our economy and drove the country so far into debt we will never recover (tripled unemployment, wrecked GDC.. I can go on but the real scary numbers won’t be out for a few more months), pushed our environment to the brink of collapse and... Well I am sure you all get the point. This BTW is not my opinion. This is My MOM’s opinion. She is part of that generation. The Baby Boomers were supposed to be our greatest generation. They failed us, as did/ IS the generation just prior to them- My generation, born in the late 70s, early 80s. We are taking things over now and look to be making all the same mistakes over again and worse?.. If ya’ll really cannot see that this younger generation has the knowledge, empathy and passion to be better than us then you must truly believe this world is doomed because the Boomers running things now are the worst mess of hypocrites, liars, pedophiles and criminals we have ever had running this country and we may not make it to see what this young generation can do because of the mistakes of their parents and grand parents.
America is a MESS today, and it is not the fault of the kids. Some of us need to look in the damn mirror.
I do believe I cited my own boomer generation as having created problems also. But, we did not dismantle the basic country. I'm afraid this crowd will do that.

These kids are unbelievable. They disavow any responsibility and blame everyone else

Horrible traits, we agree. Hopefully they're never put in a position of leadership. That would be a disaster.
Lol. Some people will talk your ear off about personal responsibility, entitlement, morality, leadership, respect, and integrity. The hypocrisy is so obvious; I don't know how more people don't notice.

Reactions: scbirdhunter
I will say that social media and the media, in general, has probably changed the way people parent. Violent crime, as far as I know, is lower than previous generations, but there seem to be more helicopter parents than ever. Kids used to go outside, get dirty, use their imagination, make mistakes, socialize, etc.

There seems to be more pressure on kids today, and it is unfortunate that one's college aspirations are laid out so early in high school. If you messed up in high school and don't get money for college, you have an uphill climb if you want to get a traditional education. College has become burdensome. Entry level jobs are tough to come by. I think more kids will consider community college and technical degrees.

More technology does mean it is easy growing up these days.

You know what a big issue is work ethic or a lack there of. The give it to me youth for free. A lot need to experience manual labor jobs and know what's it like to put in a full day with little financial reward, but to know what ever you do, you do it the best of your ability.

Reactions: importcock
Sounds like you were taking little league a bit too serious. At that age, all the way up honestly to middle/high school- winning and losing does not matter. The games are literally played just SO every kid can get to play. My brother’s kids are both- one mildly/behavioral challenges only, one severely challenged- “on the spectrum” and played little league for a bit... If winning was the concern of anyone coaching these teams neither would have ever gotten an at bat. If you missed that part of things, it is probably better that someone else is volunteering to coach that team. JMHO
15 - 18 year olds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT