ADVERTISEMENT

The Whammy Effect

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006

Two years ago Lorenzo Ward was the DC for Fresno State.

He goes to Louisville after getting fired at Fresno. Louisville was 9-4 the year before he arrived and finished 2-8 this season.

He's had a bad run of luck.

Reactions: jonesz21
All of this is true, except he wasn’t DC at Louisville- just a position coach.

However, watch during this off-season and he will land somewhere and get paid handsomely yet again.

Whammy is apparently a great interview.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
“Bad luck” often times goes hand in had with sucking at what you do.
15800456981_283db83f41_b.jpg

Does anyone know if Spurrier Jr is employed by a school anywhere? Haven't heard anything about him since he left SC.

He's apparently so bad at what he does that I feel kinda sorry for him. (Although I know he's counting his $$ after getting relieved of so many contracts)

Can't resist a Whammy bashing thread. Why any school would hire him is beyond me. He's a millionaire who has never done a good job. He deserves to be coaching a sixth grade team making about $50K per year. He's the kiss of death for any school. Bad luck for a school that hires him rides on his shoulder. If he is hired by a kinda name school, I will come out of retirement and submit my resume for that school to consider with a salary of at least $500K per year.
His agent has a direct line to the FB god that controls hiring.

My cousin worked with his wife and I can tell you he was just collecting a check. He is a solid DB coach but poor D coordinator. I just think that when SS was in cruise control, he wanted to give Whammy his break. Funny thing is Stoops had mentioned the USC D Coordinator opening when Ellis prior to taking the Kentucky HC position. Boy has that come back to haunt us in not exploring that as an option. Could you imagine if Stoops had been the coach in waiting? Not really upset at Whammy just the management who for all of intention or lack of planning put us back 5 years in counting as far as football is concerned.

Two years ago Lorenzo Ward was the DC for Fresno State.

He goes to Louisville after getting fired at Fresno. Louisville was 9-4 the year before he arrived and finished 2-8 this season.

He's had a bad run of luck.

Oh dang sorry I thought this was a Steve Vai , Eddie Van Halen thread !! Good observation however !!

If you watched them play this season, you'd have seen a defense that didn't know what personnel should be on the field, where they should be aligned or what they should do when the ball is snapped. But they could have been playing a bunch of underclassmen (like us) for all I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT