The year of the broken leg

trucheck

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
How many will we lose to that

Debo
Crosby
Now Dowdle

Is Jamari Smith still on the team? In these situations he always seem to move from 3rd team cornerback to 4th team running back.

OK, this is on the training staff & their taping (or lack thereof) procedures. No way the same injury happens 3 different times. Way too many ankle & lower leg issues happening.

I don't think there's anything out there that's going to prevent a broken leg aside from keeping a 250lb human from falling on that leg. It's just a violent game and suck luck.

Reactions: Judson1
I think a lot of people mistake the shear difference b/t a real break (snapped in 2) and a cracked bone . Both are classified as a broken bone but there is a huge difference. I think in our case all 3 are cracked bones, but I not sure.

I think a lot of people mistake the shear difference b/t a real break (snapped in 2) and a cracked bone . Both are classified as a broken bone but there is a huge difference. I think in our case all 3 are cracked bones, but I not sure.
compound fracture vs a simple fracture, then there is the stress fracture.

compound fracture vs a simple fracture, then there is the stress fracture.
I have had the last 2 but no compound. Clean break hurt like hell but the cracked bone was not real painful, but I did not play football when those occurred and i guess that added pressure takes longer. I cannot imagine the pain of a compound fracture. Both of my breaks were fibula and tibia.

It’s the cleats

In all seriousness UnderArmour shoes have had some issues. But with the contract we have with them there's zero chance we will be wearing anything else....

It's probably a combination of not wearing the best shoes and the fact it's a violent game....

Other schools wear UA shoes and don't seem to have the broken league issue.

Other schools wear UA shoes and don't seem to have the broken league issue.

Maryland went through quite a few injuries a couple of years ago. They are "the" underarmour school. Again it's circumstantial evidence at best but the possibility is there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT