ADVERTISEMENT

There seems to be a great difference of opinion among the masses.

Sep 15, 2020
Sunshine Pumpers keep preaching, 'How Great We Are'. The Doom & Gloomers keep whining about 'How Bad We're Going to Be'. So, what do the local football gurus think our 2020 football record is going to be???

No waffling!!! No X&Y if this, and Y&X if that. Only one prediction, please.

I'll start. 2 and 8.

Somewhere between 0 and 10.

Seriously, I think we can get back to 5 wins this year.

6 or 7 in 2021.

Defense should keep us in most games.

I see 2 games we should be reasonably confident about winning (unless Lane works some first year magic at Ole Miss).

Beyond that, I'm not sure who else? Maybe put UT, Mizzou and UK in the toss-up category.

We've got 5 slam dunk losses: UF, Auburn, LSU, A&M and UGA.

I'll go with 3-7.

I see 2 games we should be reasonably confident about winning (unless Lane works some first year magic at Ole Miss).

Beyond that, I'm not sure who else? Maybe put UT, Mizzou and UK in the toss-up category.

I'll go with 3-7.
Be more positive, for heaven’s sake!!!!
4-6.😄

Sunshine Pumpers keep preaching, 'How Great We Are'. The Doom & Gloomers keep whining about 'How Bad We're Going to Be'. So, what do the local football gurus think our 2020 football record is going to be???

I'll start. 2 and 8.
4-6. The team will have flashes of greatness. The Offinse will come alive against some of their competition. But ultimately, we're a middle of the pack team this year that needs a lot of work to compete with the top teams in the conference. And we face all but one of them.

Reactions: Cockpit Warrior
Be more positive, for heaven’s sake!!!!
4-6.😄

Well, I was gonna go with 3-7 or 4-6, but the OP limited us to a single guess :)

If some bounces go our way, I can see us getting to 4 wins. We'd have to win all 3 of our toss-up games to make it to 5-5 and I'm not sure about that happening.

To get to 6 wins means we'd have to knock off UF, UGA, A&M, Auburn or LSU.

All are unlikely, but not unfathomable. UGA has major QB issues and we get them at home. They are the most likely candidate for a possible upset.

LSU in Baton Rouge is a tall task, but last year's team was gutted, so it remains to be seen what they are like this year. Most notably they lost Burrow and Brady, who were the linchpins of their success. No doubt they are still more talented than us, but they won't be nearly the juggernaut they were last year.

Outside of Vanderbilt I’m not sure there are any other games there should be confidence of being better than the other team. There is a lot of talent on the defensive side in terms of the first 11 but we will have to score points and have long drives to keep them off the field.

3-7 seems most likely.

I'll take 7 wins. This could easily be 1 win, but I like USC to have a strong start at home and for momentum to carry the day. This is going to be a year where your normal considerations about the strength of a program can be thrown out the window - gain confidence in week 1 and in the shortened season anything can happen.

I worry about quality depth at most positions and I worry about the kind of offense the coaches want to run.

That said, they should have a couple of sure wins, one toss-up win and an upset win. Pretty standard fare for a college football team.

4-6. 😒

I'll go with 3-7.
I truly do not feel confident with ANY of the games.. However, i do think, with a few breaks this team could win 6..

All of the covid and contact-tracing crap can easily turn this season upside down. Auburn's entire OL could have to be out for our game with them. Or, our RB room could all be quarantined for our game vs Vandy. All bets are off for this season.

I am hopeful for W's against UT, Vandy, Ky, Mizzou, and UGA. 5-5 would be <wince> acceptable (considering we play - as they stand now - 7 ranked opponents out of 10 games).

Reactions: JComp
5-5 or 4-6 imo. If we beat UT then I could potentially see 6. I don't see any team that we don't at least have a puncher's chance against, especially with LSU losing 40 players off last years team. UGA doesn't seem to have there QB situation figured out, which gives me hope in that one to.

4-6 is the limit with the talent we have. On offense. We just don't have the skill position players to put up alot of points in the SEC. Our defense will keep half of our game competitive.

Last edited:

I'll start. 2 and 8.
5-5 at best, I think 4-6 at worst, but 3-7 is possible if any injuries, covid positives, or any other discrepancies.

We will beat Vanderbilt. Two games will be canceled, so I have 1-7. Too much "new" on offense and college football is an offensive game.

I've never thought myself to be either Sunshine Pumper or Doom 'n Gloomer. I think I'm a (slightly) pessimistic realist. I'm waffling between 3 and 4 wins, but since OP asked for a specific total, I'll say we go 4-6.

I'll start. 2 and 8.
Nobody is talking about “how great we are”. Literally NOBODY. Talk about fake news. We won 4 games last year and don’t know who most of our starting skill position players will be. Sure some fans will always be optimistic, but there is literally no basis to imply some large contingent of our fan base thinks this is a great team.

I am predicting right around 5 wins this season. One or two good surprises, one or two bad ones and we take our lumps vs the powerhouses.

Last edited:
Well, I was gonna go with 3-7 or 4-6, but the OP limited us to a single guess :)

If some bounces go our way, I can see us getting to 4 wins. We'd have to win all 3 of our toss-up games to make it to 5-5 and I'm not sure about that happening.

All are unlikely, but not unfathomable. UGA has major QB issues and we get them at home. They are the most likely candidate for a possible upset.

LSU in Baton Rouge is a tall task, but last year's team was gutted, so it remains to be seen what they are like this year. Most notably they lost Burrow and Brady, who were the linchpins of their success. No doubt they are still more talented than us, but they won't be nearly the juggernaut they were last year.
I will say home or away has a little less impact when there aren't 70K+ fans in the stands anywhere.

The caveat to UGA is that I think we caught them on an off day offensively last year (our D had something to do with that), and may have caught them exoecting to skeep walk over us... Since we upset them last season, that is leas likely to happen again. They will be gunning for us!!

It is funny- UGA fans love to act like this is not a “rivalry” to them when they win but it ROYALLY TICKS THEM OFF when they lose to us! More so than most teams... Some of it is entitlement but most of it is that familiarity and proximity which is basically the deffinition of a rivalry.

Reactions: Brace1
6-4
Wins-
Tennessee - home and hype for first game will carry us to a W
Vandy
Mizzou
Kentucky - might be the toughest game for a possible W
Ole Miss

Losses-
Florida
LSU
Auburn

Possible W’s:
Georgia - hoping we are in there head and it’s home

TAMU - It’s a home game after a bye week. 2 weeks to prepare

6-4, I hated the offense the last 2 years with the lack of horses we had on both sides. We didn't have a quick strike capability on offense and incredibly thin on defense. We have more seasoned contributors this season. I actually like the pro style multiple sets with this team. As some posters stated we lost some playmakers especially wideout. I know some on this board want this team to suck and fire Muschamp and in 3-5 years if we are mediocre and not winning 8-10 gamses then fire his subsequent successor in 3-5 years. Misery will be all those perpetual malcontents care to obsess about.

Reactions: 01fatboy
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say ... never mind 4-6. This will be good enough to get him a 3 year extension and a new addition to his lake house . I’m also gonna say that if we go 3-7 or 2-8 not a damn thing will happen . Tanner will blame COVID , the Illuminati and Thanos snapping his fingers and anything else to keep his boy .

Here’s the real question ... if Tennessee just woodsheds us next Sat how freaking entertaining is this board gonna be ??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT