ADVERTISEMENT

There seems to be a great difference of opinion among the masses.

I truly do not feel confident with ANY of the games.. However, i do think, with a few breaks this team could win 6..

We should all be comfortable with Vandy. The odds are greater our game with Vandy will be cancelled than of Vandy winning.

6. Some of you are over valuing some of our opponents. The D was really good last year, just gases from 3 and outs by the O. I believe we have vision and direction on O, which will help a lot.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I see 2 games we should be reasonably confident about winning (unless Lane works some first year magic at Ole Miss).

Beyond that, I'm not sure who else? Maybe put UT, Mizzou and UK in the toss-up category.

We've got 5 slam dunk losses: UF, Auburn, LSU, A&M and UGA.

I'll go with 3-7.

I agree but damn! This is one year that I have to see them play once. UTjr will be a tough game. Too many unknowns for us.

5-5 but who knows. Some of the power teams could get hit with the virus and have to sit out key players and we could get lucky. God knows we're due some luck.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Sunshine Pumpers keep preaching, 'How Great We Are'. The Doom & Gloomers keep whining about 'How Bad We're Going to Be'. So, what do the local football gurus think our 2020 football record is going to be???

No waffling!!! No X&Y if this, and Y&X if that. Only one prediction, please.

I'll start. 2 and 8.
I guess we know which camp you're in. So am I. I say no more than 4 wins.

Reactions: Cockpit Warrior
The caveat to UGA is that I think we caught them on an off day offensively last year (our D had something to do with that), and may have caught them exoecting to skeep walk over us... Since we upset them last season, that is leas likely to happen again. They will be gunning for us!!

It is funny- UGA fans love to act like this is not a “rivalry” to them when they win but it ROYALLY TICKS THEM OFF when they lose to us! More so than most teams... Some of it is entitlement but most of it is that familiarity and proximity which is basically the deffinition of a rivalry.
We were a terrible matchup for them. Their receivers are big and not super fast burners. They would go get 50/50 balls. Against our huge DBs, they couldn't make separation and go get those. We wreaked havoc on them because they couldn't throw the ball effectively.

6-4, 7-3 not real sure yet. I do know we will be better this year than last. No hard to do considering our final record. I stay positive until proven differently. By the way, The “Chicken Curse” is a load BS!!!! No curse kept this program from being successful. It was lack of emphasis on winning and money.... Go Cocks!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Where is this talent yall keep mentioning? I just dont see it.
Well- we have two VERY talented CBs, a stout defensive line returning with a couple young guys who are absolute studs- One was nearly the highest rated recruit in the history of our program! So on defense... We HAVE talent.

Offense is another story. I cannot name a single player on our offense who I think of as a game changing talents at this point with the possible exception of a few recruits like Doty or Lloyd (who is of course out for the year with an ACL tear).

Last edited:
Reactions: broken_cock_
Well- we have two VERY talented CBs, a stout defensive line returning with a couple young guys who are absolute studs- One was nearly the highest rated recruit in the history of our program! So on defense... We HAVE talent.

Offense is another story. I cannot name a single player on our offense who I think of as a game changing take t at this point with the possible exception of a few recruits like Doty or Lloyd (who is of course out for the year with an ACL tear).

It's true about the offense right now, but kids get better, get stronger, get more confident each year (with good coaching). If there are any players on the O, they'll get a chance to shine. Hopefully some of the younger guys are ready to step into the spotlight.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut

Offense is another story. I cannot name a single player on our offense who I think of as a game changing talents at this point with the possible exception of a few recruits like Doty or Lloyd (who is of course out for the year with an ACL tear).
We were 79th in the country last year in terms of pass defense and allowed more YPG in 2019 than we did in 2018. We were 62nd overall so it would appear run defense was a bit better than pass defense. I think our DBs are good but nowhere near the level they would have you believe.

We were 79th in the country last year in terms of pass defense and allowed more YPG in 2019 than we did in 2018. We were 62nd overall so it would appear run defense was a bit better than pass defense. I think our DBs are good but nowhere near the level they would have you believe.
Chalk that up to one of the best defensive linemen in the country.

I blame a lot of the stats rung up on our D last year on our lack of offensive production. I spoke about this yesterday on here somewhere- it is hard on a defense when your offense never stays on the field. Fatigue sets in, and simply the desire it takes to keep hitting and going after people full speed on D fades after you see you offense has no chance of scoring any points to win a game no latter what you do on defense! We had some great plays in the secondary and along the DL last year but they got little recognition by most of our fans because the game outcome was almost always an L, and the lopsided time of possession meant our D gave up more yards and points than they should have. If our offense can just be MEDIOCRE and chew some clock this season, the defense will look dramatically better on the stat sheet even if the personnel are no better or perhaps even a step down...

I don't see why we need to look beyond Saturday. It is a must-win. They've had significant practice issues due to Covid. I think that works to our advantage. My good friend who is smart and very analytical says we win. He's not given to foolish optimism. He might be right.

I blame a lot of the stats rung up on our D last year on our lack of offensive production. I spoke about this yesterday on here somewhere- it is hard on a defense when your offense never stays on the field. Fatigue sets in, and simply the desire it takes to keep hitting and going after people full speed on D fades after you see you offense has no chance of scoring any points to win a game no latter what you do on defense! We had some great plays in the secondary and along the DL last year but they got little recognition by most of our fans because the game outcome was almost always an L, and the lopsided time of possession meant our D gave up more yards and points than they should have. If our offense can just be MEDIOCRE and chew some clock this season, the defense will look dramatically better on the stat sheet even if the personnel are no better or perhaps even a step down...
There is something to the time on the field but typically that would be seen in terms of rushing yards not passing and it isn’t like teams were throwing a lot due to being behind.

We were a terrible matchup for them. Their receivers are big and not super fast burners. They would go get 50/50 balls. Against our huge DBs, they couldn't make separation and go get those. We wreaked havoc on them because they couldn't throw the ball effectively.
I don't know why they pressed the issue in the passing game. All a team had to do to beat us last year was run the ball and not make dumb mistakes. We would eventually defeat ourselves. They were intent on imposing their will and it backfired.

I don't see why we need to look beyond Saturday. It is a must-win. They've had significant practice issues due to Covid. I think that works to our advantage. My good friend who is smart and very analytical says we win. He's not given to foolish optimism. He might be right.
Makes sense until you realize Tulsa had significant issues and should've beat Oklahoma State easily. Nothing makes sense anymore. The good thing is the dogs have been not only covering but actually winning outright at an unheard of percentage.

6-4, 7-3 not real sure yet. I do know we will be better this year than last. No hard to do considering our final record. I stay positive until proven differently. By the way, The “Chicken Curse” is a load BS!!!! No curse kept this program from being successful. It was lack of emphasis on winning and money.... Go Cocks!!!

Do you think the skill positions on offense are better this year? That is where your points come from.

Tenn @ USC w/ 53.2% to win according to ESPN FPI. I think UT is overrated and I think we under achieved last season. The question is am I right enough about both parts of the previous statement? UT was trending up and USC is trending down at the end of 2019 and my faith in Muschamp is gone. I think we lose the opener. 0-1

USC @ UF w/ 12.8% to win according to ESPN FPI. 0-2

USC @ VAN w/ 79% to win according to ESPN FPI. What does a road game really do at this point to hurt our chances? Better show up to play! We get the first W at Vandy. 1-2

Auburn @ USC w/ 16.3% to win according to ESPN FPI. 1-3

USC @ LSU w/ 10.3% to win according to ESPN FPI. 1-4

T A&M @ USC w/ 33.1% to win according to ESPN FPI. This is a game I say every year this will be our year to get over the hump of A&M. Can't take the heartbreak from getting my hopes up anymore. 1-5

USC @ MISS w/ 37.1% to win according to ESPN FPI. Kiffin > Muschamp 1-6

MIZZOU @ USC w/ 65% to win according to ESPN FPI. Eliah Drinkwitz beat us with AppSt in year 1 so I would assume Mizzou would have better talent and depth so...... 1-7

UGA @ USC w/ 12.8% to win according to ESPN FPI. 1-8

USC @ UK w/ 36% to win according to ESPN FPI. The pressure is off w/ a victory last year to end the streak. I think this game will be decided off the play of Terry Wilson. Lynn Bowden Jr. is gone so I am throwing us a bone. 2-8

I think 2-8 is very likely but i can see us hitting .500 or even 6-4 if the team has really made strides in the off season.

ADVERTISEMENT