ADVERTISEMENT

There will be a new number one. Anyone want to guess ?

section907

Sep 16, 2000
Hint. They are not in SC. Not just because of sunshine. Factor in Syracuse and this weeks not ranked schedule close game. Both at home.

hint #2. Ad an E to not in SC

Good guess scubby but I think they are 3 rd due number of games. After ND game they move up

People forgetting PSU was upset in the first game. Maby they aren’t, not only not a top ten, but maby not a top 15-20

What exactly warrants moving Clemson. Starting qp out, 4 out on defense, and still beat a decent Boston college team. I don’t see anything that warrants moving them from #1. If they beat ND next week they should and would defiantly be #1. Top 5 win on the rd with a backup qb.

What exactly warrants moving Clemson. Starting qp out, 4 out on defense, and still beat a decent Boston college team. I don’t see anything that warrants moving them from #1. If they beat ND next week they should and would defiantly be #1. Top 5 win on the rd with a backup qb.
Really have to ask ??? They play in the ACC and struggled terribly against BC who got killed by Virginia Tech
They played blah against a terrible Syracuse team
Yes taters are good but come on. ACC is just horrible. It’s why they get a free pass yearly with that schedule
I mean Georgia and BaMa and heck many SEC teams would also cruise to playoffs with an ACC schedule
It’s reality and taters know it

Why are they so defiant? They should DEFINITELY fall in line. :)

Reactions: importcock
Why does it matter ? If they beat ND next week without TL, then they move back to 1.
And that still won't matter, as long as your ranked 1-4 at the end of the season you're in.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Really have to ask ??? They play in the ACC and struggled terribly against BC who got killed by Virginia Tech
They played blah against a terrible Syracuse team
Yes taters are good but come on. ACC is just horrible. It’s why they get a free pass yearly with that schedule
I mean Georgia and BaMa and heck many SEC teams would also cruise to playoffs with an ACC schedule
It’s reality and taters know it
You can tote that ESPN bullshit narrative all you want, the acc is not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Just so long as they're DEFIANTLY number one. Fight the power.

Bama came very, very close to jumping them (1513 points to Clemson's 1515) but it's taters on top for another week..

Bama and Ohio State are clearly the two best teams right now
We've said that for the past few years outside of LSU and the taters have beaten both in their most recent head to head, don't be shocked if they win it again this year. They do this every year then play like maniacs in the big games, sucks but it ain't changing so long as they keep recruiting at the levels they are.

Hey, look on the bright side... it takes away one of Dabo's motivational techniques prior to the ND game... "

No one respects us" etc.

If they'd have been knocked down to #2 or #3, you can bet he would be preaching "Let's show them. Leave no doubt" etc. all week.

Hey, look on the bright side... it takes away one of Dabo's motivational techniques prior to the ND game... "

No one respects us" etc.

If they'd have been knocked down to #2 or #3, you can bet he would be preaching "Let's show them. Leave no doubt" etc. all week.

the narrowed gap will be enough to fire them up....should be

We've said that for the past few years outside of LSU and the taters have beaten both in their most recent head to head, don't be shocked if they win it again this year. They do this every year then play like maniacs in the big games, sucks but it ain't changing so long as they keep recruiting at the levels they are.
I disagree. They dont have the horses they normally do. They will not keep up with Bama or even Ohio State this year.

They beat a Nebraska team that’s worse than us and a PSU team that is as historically overrated as Notre Dame. Imo, no.
I wasn't trying to rationalize OSU as #1, I'm more referencing history, and the sports world's love and lust for OSU. So. Cal. and ND are the same way (or have been in the past).

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
I actually think naming a #1 this year is ridiculous. Some conferences play a conference only schedule, while the ACC plays their weak assed schedule PLUS the weak, stat padding, non-conference teams. Some teams have played 5-6 games already while others are on their 2nd or 3rd. When will the playoffs begin? Will it be 5-6 weeks after a Clemson team has finished their schedule, or will a team like Ohio St. make the playoffs with a record of 6-0? How will a Heisman Trophy winner be announced this year when you have some players playing far fewer games than others?
If I said I haven't found some enjoyment in watching football this year, I would be lying, but it's not like it was.
S. Car. players play like they are lost. I'm wondering if this Covid thingy will be what redirects my life's priorities on Saturday's. I never thought I would see the day I wouldn't love MLB or love watching the NFL. But I honestly don't know how I spent all day on Sundays watching NFL, or how I ever watched 100+ MLB games per year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT