ADVERTISEMENT

They Are an Elite Group

Keep in mind that Ohio State ought not to have even been in the playoffs. They lost to Penn State. Penn State won the Big 10. OSU limped to the finish line by barely beating Michigan (OT) and a 3-9 Michigan State team (17-16). The only reason they were in the playoffs is because of their hype machine. They just got exposed.

Meanwhile, Washington's offense was 3d in the FBS and Alabama drubbed them. The line is going to move. But it isn't going to move much and it might move in Alabama's direction.

Reactions: IBleedUSC
I hope you're right, but twisting ourselves into knots to try to diminish what clempson has accomplished doesn't change anything. I still hear the "they don't play anybody" excuse.

I just pulled up the final CFP rankings. When it's all said and done, they will have played #1 Bama, #3 Ohio St, #11 FSU, #13 Louisville, #14 Auburn, #22 Va Tech, #23 Pitt.

Plus...Ga Tech (crushed KY in bowl), NC State (crushed Vandy in bowl), Wake won their bowl, Troy was 10-3, etc. And they made us look like a Jr High team.

Let me guess - ALL of those teams were overrated, right? LOL
Finally someone on here who gets it.

Reactions: JackPackTerrier
"Had a bad game".what that means is if Clemson beats them. Clemson is elite and they have a 50/50 chance of winning the NC.
Clempson isn't good enough to beat them without them making a lot of mistakes.

Ohio state wasn't great, I saw this coming a mile away, I'm not saying clempson isn't good, but beating the teams they beat doesn't make them world beaters.

I wish people would quit using louisville as a crutch to make clempson better than they are. Louisville got smashed by lsu, beat by ky and had to fight off wake.

Sorry I'm just not buying elite status.

Keep in mind that Ohio State ought not to have even been in the playoffs. They lost to Penn State. Penn State won the Big 10. OSU limped to the finish line by barely beating Michigan (OT) and a 3-9 Michigan State team (17-16). The only reason they were in the playoffs is because of their hype machine. They just got exposed.

Meanwhile, Washington's offense was 3d in the FBS and Alabama drubbed them. The line is going to move. But it isn't going to move much and it might move in Alabama's direction.
This right here, there were a lot of teams better than osu. Anyone who didn't see clempson doing exactly what they did are fools.

Pitt, troy, ncstate say hello. If anyone that watched the Ohio state Michigan game couldn't tell they were both overrated and didn't see the taters demolishing them tonight coming a mile away, I don't know what to tell ya.

They aren't elite and Bama will prove that.

Sure hope the heck your right.
Blind? Back away from the feline felatio for a second... It's a great win against a good team, but as usual the big 10 is overly inflated Michigan and osu are both overrated you could tell by how sloppy and disjointed their game was. That wasn't because it was two elite teams bashing it out but 2 average teams feeling around in the dark.

I knew clempson would demolish them because they honestly shouldn't have been in the playoff anyway-osu. At worst the line ups should have been 1Bama 2clempson 3washington 4osu.

Washington could have scored on clempson, it would have been a close game. I don't think clempson will score a lot on Bama unless Bama has a bad game that's clempsons only chance.

Take the garnet glasses off. It's time to recognize right now their the number 2# program in College football. If not then who is. This is second straight National title game and I don't even know how many 11 win seasons they're at right now in a row. It's a nightmare scenario for us as Gamecock fans to be sharing a small State with this program in the shape it's in compared to ours.

Whats that "blueprint" consist of?

Recruit like crazy, hire the best assistant coaches money can buy. Fire the ones until you get the perfect fit. Fix weakness and turn them into strengths (lines). We got rid of Elliot which is step one. Find the best to replace him. Find the best OC out there that probably isn't Roper. Same with S&C coach who he was buddies with at Florida. I think we can all agree that is what Clemson figures out.

Sure hope the heck your right.

Take the garnet glasses off. It's time to recognize right now their the number 2# program in College football. If not then who is. This is second straight National title game and I don't even know how many 11 win seasons they're at right now in a row. It's a nightmare scenario for us as Gamecock fans to be sharing a small State with this program in the shape it's in compared to ours.

Unlike SOS Clemson will not relax. They have a chance to be a very good team for a long time. It will be easier for us by far to win the East than to be competitive with Clemson.

FWIW your 5 isn't the record. Clemson has a 7 game streak many years ago.

Many decades ago is more like it. That may be in the record book, but who cares about those games. In a few more years, our 5 game run won't be much to brag about anymore either. The avg tenure of a college football player is between 3-4 years, so rolling 4 year periods is really all we as fans should care about.

Wilkins, Ferrell, Cain, Feaster, Dex Lawrence, Renfrow, Hyatt, and most of our starters are either freshmen or sophmores
Not sure about the rest but Feaster definitely is not a starter. Last I heard from some Clemson friends, he was no higher than 3rd or 4th and was not doing as well as expected or hoped.

Recruit like crazy, hire the best assistant coaches money can buy. Fire the ones until you get the perfect fit. Fix weakness and turn them into strengths (lines). We got rid of Elliot which is step one. Find the best to replace him. Find the best OC out there that probably isn't Roper. Same with S&C coach whno he was buddies with at Florida. I think we can all agree that is what Clemson figures out.
We are and have been "recruiting like crazy". Assistant coaches are hit and miss and most of the time its a system fit so do we keep firing them after 1 year if the fans dont like them? Shawn Elliott was never criticized for being a poor offensive line coach until we had a bad year or 2 then all of a sudden he couldnt coach a lick. The best OC? Thats another system fit and you have to have the players to run it so Im not throwing Roper under the bus just yet.

They are the best team the cash man can buy, along with housing perks and the get out of jail free card. And never a sign of an investigation.

/\ /\ This /\ /\ plus a 51 million playhouse and yard for the football team. Bass Boats,jet skis, and a slip & slide. Dabo is now building a 20,000 sq. ft. new house near campus with indoor basketball court,training room for recruiting and present players. This kind of stuff is not new they are bench-marking everything after Bama.

We are and have been "recruiting like crazy". Assistant coaches are hit and miss and most of the time its a system fit so do we keep firing them after 1 year if the fans dont like them? Shawn Elliott was never criticized for being a poor offensive line coach until we had a bad year or 2 then all of a sudden he couldnt coach a lick. The best OC? Thats another system fit and you have to have the players to run it so Im not throwing Roper under the bus just yet.
I just hope Will doesn't hold onto coaches because they are friends. I'm not talking about wholesale changes but no one was ever beating Elliot's door down to be their OL coach. I also don't think a good OC would do play action 4th down in overtime, do you?

I hope you're right, but twisting ourselves into knots to try to diminish what clempson has accomplished doesn't change anything. I still hear the "they don't play anybody" excuse.

I just pulled up the final CFP rankings. When it's all said and done, they will have played #1 Bama, #3 Ohio St, #11 FSU, #13 Louisville, #14 Auburn, #22 Va Tech, #23 Pitt.

Plus...Ga Tech (crushed KY in bowl), NC State (crushed Vandy in bowl), Wake won their bowl, Troy was 10-3, etc. And they made us look like a Jr High team.

Let me guess - ALL of those teams were overrated, right? LOL

This is the problem it's self. Our fans don't or will not admit it. Until we do and demand more from the AD & BOT things will stay the same.

I just hope Will doesn't hold onto coaches because they are friends. I'm not talking about wholesale changes but no one was ever beating Elliot's door down to be their OL coach. I also don't think a good OC would do play action 4th down in overtime, do you?
I dont think anyone ever beat down a door for an OL coach and as for the play action, sure its a good call when it works and freezes the linebackers.

They have built an Empire up here and we have watched it happen! Meanwhile we change or loose coaches like changing under ware! I've been a Gamecock for 47 years and was told a long long time ago that "it cannot be done here"! I'm beginning to wonder about that statement being true! This is about football!
It can be done here. We have enough resources if they are intelligently applied by committed people who know what they are doing.

Reactions: IBleedUSC
Yeah, but it's not some huge stroke of luck NCS missed a 33 yd FG. After that game I heard on ESPN radio that college kickers connect on about 80% of FGs between 30-35 yds. That means they miss 20% of the time, or 1 out of 5. Happens all the time.
The dumbasses should have had a 27 yd or shorter FGA.

Our school has to be willing to invest money before other schools. We have been and still are reactive. Look at the new football ops building...yes, it's great, but Clemson's is about done, and other schools have had one for a while. Same with the IPF. always behind schedule. We have to do better at opening up the check book that we have.

Reactions: cockofthegoat
I'm hoping Kiffin calls the game of his life & that Bama defense continues to be optimistic with turnovers. Bama should be able to run the ball in this game. Watson & the tater offense has enough creativity to keep them in it.

We are gonna find out just how good both defenses really are. I don't see Watson having the game he had last year. Bama is faster than last year & their secondary is nasty. Time will tell about the outcome.

Always easy to be "optimistic" with turnovers....LOL.

Reactions: shawnyohboii
They have built an Empire up here and we have watched it happen! Meanwhile we change or loose coaches like changing under ware! I've been a Gamecock for 47 years and was told a long long time ago that "it cannot be done here"! I'm beginning to wonder about that statement being true! This is about football!

"Loose coaches"? "Under ware"?

Clempson isn't good enough to beat them without them making a lot of mistakes.

Ohio state wasn't great, I saw this coming a mile away, I'm not saying clempson isn't good, but beating the teams they beat doesn't make them world beaters.

I wish people would quit using louisville as a crutch to make clempson better than they are. Louisville got smashed by lsu, beat by ky and had to fight off wake.

Sorry I'm just not buying elite status.
Bama's offense is too one dimensional in my opinion. Maybe Bama can just come out and run the ball down Clemson's throat without having to throw the ball but I don't think so. Clemson is very stout on the Defensive Line. We had some success running the ball with Dalvin Cook because we were actually a threat to throw the ball. I think Clemson will schematically stop the running game and dare Hurts to beat them throwing the ball. Maybe he will, and maybe he won't. On the other side, Bama hasn't seen an offense close to what they are seeing in Clemson. Clemson has a good Running Back in Wayne Gallman, a great Tight End in Jordan Leggett, the #1 WR prospect in this year's draft in Mike Williams plus a couple of other very good Receivers and a very good Offensive Line. Then throw in the best Quarterback in the country. The closest offense they saw to that was Ole Miss and Ole Miss put up 43 points on the Bama defense. Now carry on.

It can be done here. We have enough resources if they are intelligently applied by committed people who know what they are doing.
Now, this is the most CORRECT STATEMENT I have seen in a long time. Folks, it takes money and a commitment. Lots of it! Thanks for that statement!

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT