ADVERTISEMENT

Things could always be worse- Tenn.

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008

One of their best/highest ranked recruits in recent classes. Got arrested about as many times as he stepped on the field for practice. Most recent was with a freshman OL.. troubke on and off the field for UT! They had the most transfers hit the portal of any team in the past year I am aware of, and the kids they have brought in are clearly lacking focus and integrity… There are few teams I enjoy seeing struggle more than Rocky Top!

I wouldn't be so quick to count out a man who hasn't coached a game yet at his present location. Of course, we have people who do the same thing around here.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
TN Transfer Portal Page

26, so far. And, that's only the one's that have already transferred to another program. Not counting guys that are still in the portal.
Not counting the guy(s) they just kicked off the team/ will have to kick off the team prior to the season if the off field issues do not stop… 😬

I wouldn't be so quick to count out a man who hasn't coached a game yet at his present location. Of course, we have people who do the same thing around here.
I am not counting out the coach, just saying they appear to be in even a tougher rebuild than we are… I do wish Heupel nothing but failure there though. UT is a cocky bunch of A holes and their brand of orange is disgusting to me… Never been a fan!

I am not counting out the coach, just saying they appear to be in even a tougher rebuild than we are… I do wish Heupel nothing but failure there though. UT is a cocky bunch of A holes and their brand of orange is disgusting to me… Never been a fan!

I agree with King’s subtle poke at those on here who don’t/can’t understand irony.

I also completely agree with your sentiments,

I think White was a home run hire as AD and the first intelligent thing that Administration has done in a while.

Now, I will say his first act of hiring his guy as the new head coach seemed pretty questionable. Heupel is certainly more proven than Beamer as a coordinator and actual head coach, but I wouldn’t be jumping up and down for Heupel. Heck, I think for our situation. Beamer has the higher ceiling of the two for Carolina.

But, perhaps White’s plan from the start was to strip it down and get rid of the rot. Having your guy in place helps with alignment snd execution.

I, too, wish UcheaT nothing but the bad karma they’ve earned over the decades.

However, I am concerned what they could get back to in a few years with some competent, let alone, intelligent leadership.

Particularly in a time where we seem devoid of such leadership.

But, they got ahead by cheating and following the Barry Switzer guide to player discipline.

If cheating is marginalized a bit by the changing landscape and White/Heupel isn’t going to consider winning the Fulmer Cup a badge of honor, then maybe they will continue to be what they have been for at least the past decade - mediocre to bad.

I agree with King’s subtle poke at those on here who don’t/can’t understand irony.

I think White was a home run hire as AD and the first intelligent thing that Administration has done in a while.

Now, I will say his first act of hiring his guy as the new head coach seemed pretty questionable. Heupel is certainly more proven than Beamer as a coordinator and actual head coach, but I wouldn’t be jumping up and down for Heupel. Heck, I think for our situation. Beamer has the higher ceiling of the two for Carolina.

But, perhaps White’s plan from the start was to strip it down and get rid of the rot. Having your guy in place helps with alignment snd execution.

However, I am concerned what they could get back to in a few years with some competent, let alone, intelligent leadership.

But, they got ahead by cheating and following the Barry Switzer guide to player discipline.

If cheating is marginalized a bit by the changing landscape and White/Heupel isn’t going to consider winning the Fulmer Cup a badge of honor, then maybe they will continue to be what they have been for at least the past decade - mediocre to bad.
Good points. The trajectory of the two programs (SC & TN) will be interesting to watch over the next 3 years.

Tennessee can't lose enough to suit me. Looks like they are having a rough transition, but Heupel is going to get some time, more than he would ordinarily get since they've just short-sheeted a coach. With the portal and all, Huepel might pull a Lazarus.

Reactions: Mr_Blutarsky
Tennessee can't lose enough to suit me. Looks like they are having a rough transition, but Heupel is going to get some time, more than he would ordinarily get since they've just short-sheeted a coach. With the portal and all, Huepel might pull a Lazarus.
Some...some of the Vol Fans act like they've learned their lesson about the short turnover on coaching staffs.

But, one wonders how many really believe that. Plus, talk is pretty cheap when you have a new coach that hasn't lost any games. Let's see what happens once Joshie gets torched a couple of times...Or, TN loses to UK again.

A loss to UK seems to really act as a tipping point for a lot of TN Fans.

Some...some of the Vol Fans act like they've learned their lesson about the short turnover on coaching staffs.

But, one wonders how many really believe that. Plus, talk is pretty cheap when you have a new coach that hasn't lost any games. Let's see what happens once Joshie gets torched a couple of times...Or, TN loses to UK again.

A loss to UK seems to really act as a tipping point for a lot of TN Fans.
I guess it ought to be. Unfortunately, we have become used to it and it no longer debases us. Not speaking from experience, but I suppose this must be the way prison sex gets ingrained.

White pretty much had to hire Heupel as no other established coach would touch that mess. Once the penalties are handed down and White has an idea of what they will be it will be easier to sell that job. At first glance the hire didn’t look bad but Heupels record has declined pretty much every year since he got hired at UCF. White did Heupel no favor this is going to get much worse before it gets better thank God.

I guess it ought to be. Unfortunately, we have become used to it and it no longer debases us. Not speaking from experience, but I suppose this must be the way prison sex gets ingrained.

th

• Haha
Reactions: heavycock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT