ADVERTISEMENT

Third friend this week tested positive ...

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Guys I don’t believe we should live in fear and I don’t think this gonna lead to the apocalypse but for the love of god take this thing seriously . I say I this with absolutely zero political affiliations or opinions just don’t bury your head in the sand and say it’s a media concoction. One of my wife’s coworkers Husband was infected and now has brain damage not from the Covid but complications from being on a respirator. He was 47 and in perfect shape . I don’t know if masks work or not but what the hell is it gonna hurt . Honestly half of us put on camo , a mask and spray ourselves with deer piss and sit in a tree in the freezing cold so don’t say wearing a mask is “Inconvenient “. I know y’all aren’t seeing the same crazyiness in SC that we are having in Florida right now but it’s coming guys . Just take precautions if not for you but for your family , especially those who need to be worried .

Guys I don’t believe we should live in fear and I don’t think this gonna lead to the apocalypse but for the love of god take this thing seriously . I say I this with absolutely zero political affiliations or opinions just don’t bury your head in the sand and say it’s a media concoction. One of my wife’s coworkers Husband was infected and now has brain damage not from the Covid but complications from being on a respirator. He was 47 and in perfect shape . I don’t know if masks work or not but what the hell is it gonna hurt . Honestly half of us put on camo , a mask and spray ourselves with deer piss and sit in a tree in the freezing cold so don’t say wearing a mask is “Inconvenient “. I know y’all aren’t seeing the same crazyiness in SC that we are having in Florida right now but it’s coming guys . Just take precautions if not for you but for your family , especially those who need to be worried .
Good warning. Don't freak, but take it serious.

Good warning. Don't freak, but take it serious.

Yeah bro . I admit i took this seriously but not as seriously as I should but it’s damn scary when people you were hanging out with a week ago test positive and are sick as dogs . My wife and kid have been wearing masks since April and I blew it off but no more . I’m just wear my fishing buff , at least it looks cool . Haha

Praying for your family. I hope the others heed your advice

Reactions: Jbouton2
After months of not knowing of anyone with it, I now know several people who have come down with it. I just came off the 14 day work “quarantine” on Tuesday after being in contact with a coworker who tested positive, only to have my girlfriend informed on Wednesday that she has been exposed and cannot go back to her office for 2 weeks. Kinda feels like Russian roulette at this point.

Definitely feels like it becoming more prevalent around here in Raleigh.

I'm sorry for your friend, but for me wearing a mask or not is my choice...

I keep my distance from other folks, wash my hands with soap and water and will only wear a mask if a store requires me because of their policy, not being forced by the looney government officials...

Wearing a mask, specially in the heat is not good for anyone, unless you like breathing in your own carbon dioxide...

After months of not knowing of anyone with it, I now know several people who have come down with it. I just came off the 14 day work “quarantine” on Tuesday after being in contact with a coworker who tested positive, only to have my girlfriend informed on Wednesday that she has been exposed and cannot go back to her office for 2 weeks.

Definitely feels like it becoming more prevalent around here in Raleigh.

Dang that stinks . Yeah In Florida cases are popping up like fire ants . I’ve heard from several folks in the know that Florida will probably be going back to phase 1 very soon which SUCKS !!!! Oh well not like we didn’t see it coming .

Reactions: leftneck

I keep my distance from other folks, wash my hands with soap and water and will only wear a mask if a store requires me because of their policy, not being forced by the looney government officials...

Wearing a mask, specially in the heat is not good for anyone, unless you like breathing in your own carbon dioxide...

I can respect that and you’re right it’s your choice . There is no law down here either but I’m just choosing to because if it can decrease the spread by 1% what the hell ?? If you’re taking the precautions you said you are clearly doing your part . The ones that annoy me are the conspiracy nuts that act like this is Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster . It’s not , It’s deadly serious .

I can respect that and you’re right it’s your choice . There is no law down here either but I’m just choosing to because if it can decrease the spread by 1% what the hell ?? If you’re taking the precautions you said you are clearly doing your part . The ones that annoy me are the conspiracy nuts that act like this is Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster . It’s not , It’s deadly serious .

Some people should breathe in a little more carbon monoxide. It’s apparent the oxygen going to their brain isn’t allowing them to think clearly....or at least selflessly.

I’ve had a couple of people I know test positive as well. They’ve ranged from a minor cold to a life saving plasma transfusion. Luckily I do not personally know someone that has died of Covid yet, however one of the “survivors” is hardly the same person.

I know of two confrmed cases among people I know well, including my mother in law. Both individuals had multiple high-risk factors and both had what they would probably describe as mild to moderate cold symptoms. One is completely better and came off quarantine yesterday and the other is recovering very well and is almost asymptomatic at this point. I am thankful they both fared as well as they have and have experienced nowhere near the severity of illness many describe.

Last edited:
I heard one medical doctor/scientist say that if everyone would wear a mask for 60 days, we'd beat covid. I don't know how true that is. BUT, damn, I'd have no problem strictly adhering to a mask policy for 60 days to beat it. But, that's me. I have tried to understand the opposition to it. But, I can't understand why some people are not willing to do the simplest thing to beat it and get it behind us.

I heard one medical doctor/scientist say that if everyone would wear a mask for 60 days, we'd beat covid. I don't know how true that is. BUT, damn, I'd have no problem strictly adhering to a mask policy for 60 days to beat it. But, that's me. I have tried to understand the opposition to it. But, I can't understand why some people are not willing to do the simplest thing to beat it and get it behind us.
Fauci told us in March that masks were useless, so it turns out doctors opinions' are like everybody else's.

Could be because that same doctor was one of the ones telling us back in March and April that masks probably did more harm than good? I dont mind wearing a mask and have been wearing one often, but I dont blame anyone for being skeptical of the advice-of-the-week from the experts.

Because they’ve been told it’s a hoax that will magically disappear in early/mid November. Unfortunately for many it’s going to take a personal evperience with it to realize it’s real.

Wow just found out another close friend has it . Crazy . I know for a fact one of my buddy’s was infected on a work trip and before he got tested he had a cookout at his house and so far five people that were there got it . Most of them are not critical but the all say the same thing ... it’s like the worst case of the flu they’ve ever had . So far only one has been hospitalized but she seems to be ok now

Because they’ve been told it’s a hoax that will magically disappear in early/mid November. Unfortunately for many it’s going to take a personal evperience with it to realize it’s real.
The thing is that most in the medical community today are strongly recommending wearing a mask .People can point to so and so saying 3 or 4 months ago that masks are not necessary. But, since then, a lot has been learned. It later was said they found that masks only help those you come in contact with. NOW they say that research has found that masks ALSO help protect the wearer from covid. So, if you don't care that businesses may have to shut down again or that you and your family become sick and possibly die from covid, don't wear a mask. But, thankfully, many retail stores now say they won't serve you if you don't wear a mask. Target, CVS, Kroger, Publix are just some of a growing list saying that. It's a shame that it takes retail businesses to lead. Where are our national leaders?

I took it very serious at the beginning. Then after a few months started going out again. Went to a cookout at a friends house and now 7 of us have tested positive. I'm 50 and been sick for over 2 weeks. It's a nightmare. I live in Greenville. Please protect yourself. Getting this can be miserable.

I took it very serious at the beginning. Then after a few months started going out again. Went to a cookout at a friends house and now 7 of us have tested positive. I'm 50 and been sick for over 2 weeks. It's a nightmare. I live in Greenville. Please protect yourself. Getting this can be miserable.
I think your situation is happening a lot, unfortunately. I hope you are better soon.

Reactions: heavycock
I think that was someone from the CDC.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
You probably heard wrong or let your opinions cloud your judgment of what he said.

Or...maybe he was wrong. It happens and we learn and adapt and improve. But now we know that we need masks, so no point in trying to discredit people who forgot more than you could ever know.

Fauci told us in March that masks were useless, so it turns out doctors opinions' are like everybody else's.

I see 10-16 positive cases a day. Over 150 since I started testing. Of those, only 2 appeared sick, and they looked like they had the flu. Most were either completely asymptomatic or very mild symptoms. Yes this virus is real and yes it can cause serious problems for some, but we don’t need to live in fear. Many of you have already had it and didn’t even know. It’s certainly not worth destroying our economy, destroying lives, and giving up all our liberties. Fear mongers just perpetuate destruction.

Just wait till school starts....
What a lot of people aren't talking about right now is that age group is believed to be the least affected and the least likely to spread the virus. There isn't much data on that because they haven't been in school. I hope this info is correct. My wife is an elementary school teacher. I'm more concerned with the middle aged to older people working in the school. Almost all kids would bounce back from it, if they even have symptoms. If a kid is in an at-risk group, they can stay home and get virtual instruction.

Last edited:

So you think that masks block Carbon Dioxide, but not Covid. Got it.

You probably heard wrong or let your opinions cloud your judgment of what he said.

Or...maybe he was wrong. It happens and we learn and adapt and improve. But now we know that we need masks, so no point in trying to discredit people who forgot more than you could ever know.
He basically said that normal people didn’t need to wear a mask because the cases were so low and wanted them to be available to medical personnel, everyone just doesn’t actually read the context and parrots misinformation

So you think that masks block Carbon Dioxide, but not Covid. Got it.
Also spit, particularly coughs and sneezes can travel 20-30 feet so unless you are staying ten yards away from people without a mask While indoors , you aren’t doing a good job

Reactions: ShannonL
I see 10-16 positive cases a day. Over 150 since I started testing. Of those, only 2 appeared sick, and they looked like they had the flu. Most were either completely asymptomatic or very mild symptoms. Yes this virus is real and yes it can cause serious problems for some, but we don’t need to live in fear. Many of you have already had it and didn’t even know. It’s certainly not worth destroying our economy, destroying lives, and giving up all our liberties. Fear mongers just perpetuate destruction.
Thanks for this. Folks can wear a mask, take careful steps and get on with their lives. The symptomless patients are not discussed enough in this talk about "cases."

No, this is all fine Dizz, “it will be gone by April” remember? Clearly every positive test since mid April is just part of the hoax!

Funny how people chose who they should hold accountable for their words and actions and who they should not hold accountable.

Wow just found out another close friend has it . Crazy . I know for a fact one of my buddy’s was infected on a work trip and before he got tested he had a cookout at his house and so far five people that were there got it . Most of them are not critical but the all say the same thing ... it’s like the worst case of the flu they’ve ever had . So far only one has been hospitalized but she seems to be ok now
Sucks...
I found out 3 people I know are currently sick with it. One is hospitalized, but apparently recovering. Another one is older and has had bad headaches for 10 days. Not sure about his wife.

Also spit, particularly coughs and sneezes can travel 20-30 feet so unless you are staying ten yards away from people without a mask While indoors , you aren’t doing a good job
There is now speculation that air conditioners are spreading it inside buildings/homes. Those little droplets are proving to be pesky. Some people may even need to wear masks at home depending on conditions.

Reactions: feeble2001
I’m sure there’s some funny business going on , but the bottomline is when many people in your friend group are popping up with this and spending weeks sick as a dog it’s an eye opener . It’s very sobering . This stuff ain’t no joke .
Yea...who in the hell gets the flu in the summer? For all the negative tests and questionable data, there are also people who got sick & who've never been tested. Those numbers are a sample at best.

People getting very sick is the real deal.

No, this is all fine Dizz, “it will be gone by April” remember? Clearly every positive test since mid April is just part of the hoax!

Funny how people chose who they should hold accountable for their words and actions and who they should not hold accountable.
Well it’s because they’ve been conditioned to understand he’s never accountable for anything. Just sing this in the tune of the name game and you’ll start to get properly conditioned yourself.

Let’s Play the Blame Game

Obama,Obama
Bo Bama
China, China
Fo Fina
Fauci, Fauci
Mo Mauci

But not meee. Never meee.

Well it’s because they’ve been conditioned to understand he’s never accountable for anything. Just sing this in the tune of the name game and you’ll start to get properly conditioned yourself.

Let’s Play the Blame Game

Obama,Obama
Bo Bama
China, China
Fo Fina
Fauci, Fauci
Mo Mauci

But not meee. Never meee.
Exactly- everyone is a liar EXCEPT for Trump right? All the women who accused him of assault, every Democrat in America apparently, nearly every single person he has hired as part of his staff since taking office, the recordings of things he said= also lies, the elected leaders of damn near every country we interact with both friends and foes... ALL of them lie and make mistakes, but not Trump! That is legitimately what people who defend him constantly will tell you. It is what HE will tell you. This sounds like a joke I made up, but there is no punchline...

I respect your choice, and hopefully you can respect my opinion, even if it differs from yours.

We will not see relief from this until a vaccine is in place or people stop making selfish choices.

I’ll just leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT