ADVERTISEMENT

This board has gotten slower and slower....

I lost my job in Oct and started drinking way too much. I have a new one for next school year but I started drinking WAY too much. Tough habit to break.
I suggest fitness. I come to that cross road many times. Fitness relieves that stress. I'm even considering boxing right now because my anger needs to be addressed by either working it out of me or getting punched.

Online threats on a message board when they don't know who you are are no big deal to me. It's just noise. That stuff doesn't bother me but I can appreciate that it does bother others.

I think the threats like that are pretty rare though.
It doesn't bother me. I just think that a sports message board doesn't need the problems that politics bring. If you want to do that, just create a politics message board that is totally separate and apart from the sports board. I know for a fact that they lost subscribers over what people said on Small Talk. That is part of the reason that they closed it down. If you have a section for politics as part of the sports board, it won't be long before people start getting in their feelings resulting in lost subscriptions. When you create a dedicated section, it is still part of you and people will take it out on your sports related subscriptions. That was the demise of Small Talk. Conservatives getting mad at what someone said about Trump and vice versa.

It doesn't bother me. I just think that a sports message board doesn't need the problems that politics bring. If you want to do that, just create a politics message board that is totally separate and apart from the sports board. I know for a fact that they lost subscribers over what people said on Small Talk. That is part of the reason that they closed it down. If you have a section for politics as part of the sports board, it won't be long before people start getting in their feelings resulting in lost subscriptions. When you create a dedicated section, it is still part of you and people will take it out on your sports related subscriptions. That was the demise of Small Talk. Conservatives getting mad at what someone said about Trump and vice versa.

Fair enough. That's just so foreign to me.

I just can't understand the mentality of getting mad at something someone posts on "Small Talk" and going to moderators and whining about it and threatening to leave the board or drop their subscription to a sports site that has one small part decided to those that want to discuss political or other issues - it's not like anyone is forced to go to that part of the board.

anyway.....

I like to keep it sports. Surely there are hundreds of other sites for political issues and garbage.

Had Rattler gone out and thrown for 400 yds and 5 scores I think you’d be seeing some more traffic. Instead we all got the typical Carolina opener. I still feel optimistic overall but it’s definitely a little guarded going into these next 2 games

I think it also has to do with the fact that our football team sucks. There's nothing to talk about. There's almost nothing to look forward to on Saturday unless you enjoy watching your team lose

College Football and college in general peaked a few years back and is currently in a bubble. It probably would have happened earlier if not for the novelity of the Playoff System.

Now we have college football coaches making $10 million a year. Admission and luxury box prices though the roof. Thanks in part to the CFP system, only the same handful of teams is typically in contention at the end of the season. The NIL. Universities charging 150K+ a year for a degree that places you in the grind starting around $50-60K. And on and on. It's yet another instance of big corporations soiling what once was top shelf entertainment.

These days I bascially look at it just like a movie.........a few hours of entertainment that can dialed up on your cable box at a time that best works with your schedule. Following recruiting, coach insight, staff changes, player status and the talking heads now feels like a total time sink.

Last edited:
For those that like to talk some politics- the Duke Scout board has a political board. It's pretty busy with thousands of posts over time and fun for those that like to mix in sports and politics.

College Football and college in general peaked a few years back and is currently in a bubble. It probably would have happened earlier if not for the novelity of the Playoff System.

Now we have college football coaches making $10 million a year. Admission and luxury box prices though the roof. Thanks in part to the CFP system, only the same handful of teams is typically in contention at the end of the season. The NIL. Universities charging 150K+ a year for a degree that places you in the grind starting around $50-60K. And on and on. It's yet another instance of big corporations soiling what once was top shelf entertainment.

These days I bascially look at it just like a movie.........a few hours of entertainment that can dialed up on your cable box at a time that best works with your schedule. Following recruiting, coach insight, staff changes, player status and the talking heads now feels like a total time sink.

College football has always been an island. The players just have more control now than before and it's more public.

When I was in college, I knew college players that never went to class. A few had tutors but the academic support program was a joke. It was a paper tiger - in name only. That's no longer true. At the vast majority of schools, the academic support program is the envy of everyone on campus.

For those that like to talk some politics- the Duke Scout board has a political board. It's pretty busy with thousands of posts over time and fun for those that like to mix in sports and politics.
Hopefully you will spend more time there.
I pledge going forth not to respond to political post or to you when you do so.
I also challenge the moderator to put either of us on probation from site if we do.
Do we have have an agreement from all 3 parties?

Hopefully you will spend more time there.
I pledge going forth not to respond to political post or to you when you do so.
I also challenge the moderator to put either of us on probation from site if we do.
Do we have have an agreement from all 3 parties?

I spend a lot of time there.

Carolina football is a little slow right now. But usually the traffic is the same amount, just more complaining then praise. Maybe people just accepted that Ray Tanner is here to stay. We can’t get a competent BOT. What we see is what we get. And all hope is lost. So no point in complaining…..?

I’m still out here saying UofSC needs to part ways with Tanner and hire an A/D like Nebraskas’ who will do stuff.

Last edited:
Beat the Doggies then watch this board explode.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

• Haha
Reactions: Heyward1
You just made the case for me.

If your case was that it was hypocritical to say the ugly politics was only coming from the right, I would agree, he did.

Maybe he (and myself) just missed the massive sarcasm of your post.

Last edited:
Apparently it takes a blowout like today to give this board a pulse. 😔

To be fair, there were some threads that had actual traffic, but they were either touchy subjects or involved politics, so they had to be deleted.

Maybe we should just transition this to a political forum and be done.

• Haha
Reactions: Jbouton2
To be fair, there were some threads that had actual traffic, but they were either touchy subjects or involved politics, so they had to be deleted.

Maybe we should just transition this to a political forum and be done.
That would be the end of me coming here.

That would be the end of me coming here.

It was partially tongue in cheek.

But you highlight a point. If, and its the big IF, traffic is the desire, how much do you appease the poster that posts once a month, and how much the ones that post dozens of times a day? But in the end I agree, I just think the easier solution is the separate board, to corral and contain.

I do admit to being confused why this board uses a troll to stir up political threads then waits a day or two (and more than 100 replies later) to delete them.

Reactions: GreatestCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT