ADVERTISEMENT

This board has gotten slower and slower....

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
could it be on it's last leg? I know it's the slow season, but no one seems to post here now days. Was hoping this could stay a good place to talk Gamecock sports. Maybe as the season gets closer it will pick up. The On3 board isn't exactly killing it either. Boring these days.

On3 got a lot of people to cross onto the pay board with the $1 offer.

I am curious how many revert to the free side after the football season when the offer ends.

But yes, it seems like this board is dying a slow death.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Only person I ever met was Ogerface. Any of y’all ever met face to face?

Some of it is also the time of year. Traffic will pick up when the season starts. And imagine others will come back from the other site when the 1.00 fee gets bumped.

I lurk a bit but the nutjob political threads killed this place for me. And that's about all that's left here now.
This is what did it. People are tired of every stupid thread, no matter what it's about, blaming Trump, blaming liberals, accusing people of being woke. Then cried that the board could not exist without political talk even though many sports message boards easily accomplish this.

The dumbest is automatically screaming "woke" at every liberal talking point, not understanding that actual "woke" individuals side with conservatives on many issues.

The dumbest is automatically screaming "woke" at every liberal talking point, not understanding that actual "woke" individuals side with conservatives on many issues.

That is certainly an interesting take.

I agree on the political threads muddling the conversations. I've often said a dedicated section for political talk does more for quarantining that kind of posting than just complaining about. Because, in my experience, a lot of the people who comlain about it join in as well.

Give them an avenue, and let it be segregated there .

I lurk a bit but the nutjob political threads killed this place for me. And that's about all that's left here now.
That’s the main reason I deleted the link from my iPad. Took me 5 minutes to find the ole place. I agree with other sentiments though, create a political forum and revive fgf to Gamecock athletics only. You know…the good old stuff like: Ray Tanner is a clown. Happy 4th all.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
Everything kicks into gear when football season starts. Political discussions are even far and few without Trump. A sleepy Joe = a sleepy America.

Everything kicks into gear when football season starts. Political discussions are even far and few without Trump. A sleepy Joe = a sleepy America.

Biden's only redeeming quality is that he hasn't tried to overthrow the government. I can't wait for football season.

Biden's only redeeming quality is that he hasn't tried to overthrow the government. I can't wait for football season.

Wasn't he briefed on the fake Russia collusion dossier before leaving office? I wonder if that counts?

This might be so. There was a mass exodus, so there are simply fewer posters too.

I believe the thought of declining political posts is wishful thinking. I just think in past years the sheer number of other threads helped drown it out. I wonder if that can happen with the smaller group of posters.

This might be so. There was a mass exodus, so there are simply fewer posters too.

I believe the thought of declining political posts is wishful thinking. I just think in past years the sheer number of other threads helped drown it out. I wonder if that can happen with the smaller group of posters.
Honestly, I've had about 12 beers and 2 shots of bourbon. I don't even give a **** anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Hopefully we'll see an uptick when FB season kicks in. This feels like one of the longer stretches when none of the top men's teams have been relevant. When's the last time any of the big 3 even broke into the Top 25?

Meanwhile, the political and economic scenes are off the charts with lunacy and overreach so that's naturally taken center stage during this long lull.

I lost my job in Oct and started drinking way too much. I have a new one for next school year but I started drinking WAY too much. Tough habit to break.

My condolences on the job. I have been there. Good to hear you have a new one.

I used to be one in the late 1960's. Do they still use the Dewey Decimal System? What year are you in and what's your major?
Still use DDS.... I'm going into year 19... I have a BA in English from Wofford and Masters Degrees in English Lit and Library/Information Science from USC

Still use DDS.... I'm going into year 19... I have a BA in English from Wofford and Masters Degrees in English Lit and Library/Information Science from USC
Oh, okay. I was a 6th grader when I "worked" in the library finding books for other students, stamping due dates, and replacing returns. I wanted to be one of those Patrol Boys but had to settle. I was a little worried about you after that 1st post but now just worried about your drinking too much. I drank a lot as a kid, especially when we lived in Europe. I don't drink much today, at the beach or boating. Beer mostly. My fave is Pilsner Urquell. I didn't stop because I couldn't handle it or was an alcoholic, I just don't care much for the drunk effect. Plus I found something much better.

I agree on the political threads muddling the conversations. I've often said a dedicated section for political talk does more for quarantining that kind of posting than just complaining about. Because, in my experience, a lot of the people who comlain about it join in as well.

Give them an avenue, and let it be segregated there .

Small Talk was like that on this very board and it was very popular.

I think the folks who run things are nervous that a political board like Small Talk would be more popular than the sports boards. I'd rather argue about politics any ole day than sports.

I think the folks who run things are nervous that a political board like Small Talk would be more popular than the sports boards. I'd rather argue about politics any ole day than sports.
I like spaghetti 🍝. I've always preferred meat sauce over meatballs. I do tend to over do it with the parmasan cheese. Like a mountain.

The problem with Small Talk is that it had to be constantly moderated. It opened the floodgates for people with all kinds of agendas. I had a guy threaten me about a race war on there amongst other things. You really want to have that type of stuff connected to your sports board? That's part of what you will get. I agree with Caleb's opinion that there are plenty of political platforms for people to get that type of stuff off their chest. Their is no need to muddy a friendly sports board that is supposed to be dedicated to Gamecock athletics with political stuff. This is coming from someone that has participated in political threads out of frustration.

The problem with Small Talk is that it had to be constantly moderated. It opened the floodgates for people with all kinds of agendas. I had a guy threaten me about a race war on there amongst other things. You really want to have that type of stuff connected to your sports board? That's part of what you will get. I agree with Caleb's opinion that there are plenty of political platforms for people to get that type of stuff off their chest. Their is no need to muddy a friendly sports board that is supposed to be dedicated to Gamecock athletics with political stuff. This is coming from someone that has participated in political threads out of frustration.

Online threats on a message board when they don't know who you are are no big deal to me. It's just noise. That stuff doesn't bother me but I can appreciate that it does bother others.

I think the threats like that are pretty rare though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT