ADVERTISEMENT

This is getting social media traction....

Thanks for such an informative answer
The answer is technically not wrong. That's completely up to Clemson, since it's a home game for them.

I'd be fine with it pouring down rain and the game getting cancelled. We've got the series. Why give them a chance to potentially pad their schedule and resume for the postseason.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Sounds like students tried to sit in sits that were off limits due to social distancing rules. I don’t care for those rules and wish we went back to 8242, but rules are rules.
The problem with this is that non-students have done the same thing all season, yet don't get kicked out of the seats. Or the students are told that there are "no seats available", yet visiting fans are allowed to sit wherever they want, including seats that are "off limits".

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The answer is technically not wrong. That's completely up to Clemson, since it's a home game for them.

I'd be fine with it pouring down rain and the game getting cancelled. We've got the series. Why give them a chance to potentially pad their schedule and resume for the postseason.
So, if Clemson lets in a full house the powers that be won’t interfere?

If that’s the case why hasn’t Tanner done so?
That's the question we'd all like the answer to.
There are no state or local mandates forbidding him from allowing 100% capacity. But to do that, they'd have to do some actual work and get season ticket holders their regular seats back first, before just selling seats all willy nilly. Given a couple conversations about this entire process that have been had, before and after they "expanded capacity", it certainly sounds like they don't want to do the extra work required of taking care of season ticket holders first.

That's the question we'd all like the answer to.
There are no state or local mandates forbidding him from allowing 100% capacity. But to do that, they'd have to do some actual work and get season ticket holders their regular seats back first, before just selling seats all willy nilly. Given a couple conversations about this entire process that have been had, before and after they "expanded capacity", it certainly sounds like they don't want to do the extra work required of taking care of season ticket holders first.
I meant “powers that be as state officials “. Thanks for your knowledge. I’m just now realizing the picture on attendance numbers. Based on the crowds at other venues I’m seeing now Tanner is not handling things very well. Or are administration officials forcing him to severely limit numbers?

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I meant “powers that be as state officials “. Thanks for your knowledge. I’m just now realizing the picture on attendance numbers. Based on the crowds at other venues I’m seeing now Tanner is not handling things very well. Or are administration officials forcing him to severely limit numbers?
It's certainly the University as a whole that is doing a great disservice to our athletes and fans by not allowing 100% capacity. And with the way they are treating fans. They have taken one of the most intimidating and best atmospheres in college baseball, and completely destroyed it this season with their "policies". When you see the number of schools that announce 100% capacity right before Arkansas comes to town, and we're sitting back going - "ok...we're going to let in another 500 as we battle the #1 team - time to get loud" - we deserve to be the laughing stock we've become this year, with regard to attendance.

Reactions: hillstosea
It's certainly the University as a whole that is doing a great disservice to our athletes and fans by not allowing 100% capacity. And with the way they are treating fans. They have taken one of the most intimidating and best atmospheres in college baseball, and completely destroyed it this season with their "policies". When you see the number of schools that announce 100% capacity right before Arkansas comes to town, and we're sitting back going - "ok...we're going to let in another 500 as we battle the #1 team - time to get loud" - we deserve to be the laughing stock we've become this year, with regard to attendance.
Thinking the same thing. How many more wins if a full house? Other than WBB baseball is the best thing going

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT