ADVERTISEMENT

This is my 4000th post. Please indulge me for a bit. I wish that posters

mavcock

Apr 20, 2002
Mauldin, SC
on this board were a little more civil to one another. Here we are arguing and even cursing each other when we all have a common enemy in Pickens County upon which to shower our wrath. I hate Clemson. I hope they lose every game in every sport forever. I find odd the fact that Ben Boulware's beard is the same shade of orange as Donald Trump's hair. I wonder how Xavier Thomas could afford the truck he just wrecked when his dad is in jail and he doesn't appear to from a family of means. I think Dabbo and his good ole boy schtick sucks. Dawn Staley is the best coach we've had in decades. Yes, Spurrier mailed it in the last year and a half but he gave us unparalleled success in football. I hate UGA away games because they built their stadium in a hole next to some housing projects. I suffered through the Birmingham Bowl alongside many fans just happy to be in a bowl game. Bentley threw for 390 yards in a swirling wind. Frank Martin and his team made the Final Four. They were steps from beating Gonzaga. I'm excited about our new baseball coach. Fall practice is just a hot summer and 70 or so days away.
We have a lot of things to be proud of at Carolina- let's disagree without being disagreeable. We're all working for the same goal here.
Thanks for allowing me to bore you for a minute or two. Go Cocks!

on this board were a little more civil to one another. Here we are arguing and even cursing each other when we all have a common enemy in Pickens County upon which to shower our wrath. I hate Clemson. I hope they lose every game in every sport forever. I find odd the fact that Ben Boulware's beard is the same shade of orange as Donald Trump's hair. I wonder how Xavier Thomas could afford the truck he just wrecked when his dad is in jail and he doesn't appear to from a family of means. I think Dabbo and his good ole boy schtick sucks. Dawn Staley is the best coach we've had in decades. Yes, Spurrier mailed it in the last year and a half but he gave us unparalleled success in football. I hate UGA away games because they built their stadium in a hole next to some housing projects. I suffered through the Birmingham Bowl alongside many fans just happy to be in a bowl game. Bentley threw for 390 yards in a swirling wind. Frank Martin and his team made the Final Four. They were steps from beating Gonzaga. I'm excited about our new baseball coach. Fall practice is just a hot summer and 70 or so days away.
We have a lot of things to be proud of at Carolina- let's disagree without being disagreeable. We're all working for the same goal here.
Some people just can't handle the good with the bad.

Speaking of XT, i wonder how you can find out who purchased that truck. I told my son after XT visited Clemson and then the next day he said he was going to IMG that something fishy was going on with that. He never mentioned a thing about IMG until the Clemson visit.

Speaking of XT, i wonder how you can find out who purchased that truck. I told my son after XT visited Clemson and then the next day he said he was going to IMG that something fishy was going on with that. He never mentioned a thing about IMG until the Clemson visit.
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. I owned a $1000 car all through high school and college (and grad school and law school as well). Who is paying the taxes and insurance on it? And I like XT and he seems to be a decent person, but it reminds me of Eric Dickerson in the 80's. Maybe he'll keep it and flip back to us like Dickerson did.

I just want to live until my 5000th post. And I hope it is about how we've kicked Clemson's arse in every sport known to man. When are we going to devote the resources necessary to do so?

You sure do have a lot of likes on here, mav.!
here's another one, BOOM!

@mavcock I agree.

It's a forum. People have different opinions. It would be great if people tried a little harder to try and see those perspectives. We are all similar in that we all pull for USC (except lurkers), we just sometimes disagree on what that is....

Seems like a lot of people get their rocks off by telling someone they are dumb, butt hurt, whining, etc.....

Guess we should all see things the same way. Don't they do that in strong communist dictatorships

Sir, this is a great post. I must admit I have retaliated and said bad things to other posters before after being attacked first. I have never provoked an argument by calling other Carolina fans names. I have as I said retaliated before with name calling which is childish, too.

But, I have said this before, I have been a Carolina fan since circa 1960 and have met many great Carolina fans that I think very highly of as people as well as fans. In fact, I don't think I have ever meet a Carolina fan in person that I have not liked.

However, if I only read this board and had never met any Gamecock fans in person, I think it would turn me against Carolina.

So, I just hope everyone, including myself, will take your advice and at least learn to disagree with each other in a civil manner.

@mavcock I agree.

It's a forum. People have different opinions. It would be great if people tried a little harder to try and see those perspectives. We are all similar in that we all pull for USC (except lurkers), we just sometimes disagree on what that is....

Seems like a lot of people get their rocks off by telling someone they are dumb, butt hurt, whining, etc.....

Guess we should all see things the same way. Don't they do that in strong communist dictatorships

Nothing wrong with honest disagreements but when a poster expresses his/her disagreement they should do it in a respectful manner.

You left me when you did the comparison of Boulware's beard and Trumps hair. That tells me a lot about you. And I don't think I like it.

You left me when you did the comparison of Boulware's beard and Trumps hair. That tells me a lot about you. And I don't think I like it.
I'll be honest. I don't care what you think about me. I can't stand pilejumper Boulware or Trump's hair. But your post doesn't address the fact that we should be treating one another with respect on this board. We're all Gamecocks that want one thing - continued success for our Gamecocks. And we can't do it by tearing each other down.

I'll be honest. I don't care what you think about me. I can't stand pilejumper Boulware or Trump's hair. But your post doesn't address the fact that we should be treating one another with respect on this board. We're all Gamecocks that want one thing - continued success for our Gamecocks. And we can't do it by tearing each other down.

Thanks for the reinforcement. lol

I will if you tell me who you are and where you are in MT.
Well, we used to eat a lot of Oberto beef jerkey after a long day of dealing with surly paralegals and sleazy brokers - sometimes while using a fake Italian accent. I'll send you an email to your old aol account if that's still active.

Reactions: mavcock
Well, we used to eat a lot of Oberto beef jerkey after a long day of dealing with surly paralegals and sleazy brokers - sometimes while using a fake Italian accent. I'll send you an email to your old aol account if that's still active.
How's the family, Man? I miss you. Just saw your email in my aol account. Hell yes I'll be up in MT in a second despite the flight with all the connections. Tell the wife I said hello.

Thanks for the reinforcement. lol
I don't understand what you are saying but yet again I'm about everyone here getting along in our criticisms of fellow Gamecocks without the personal attacks. Now if you are Ben Boulware then I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings and I won't be able to meet you tomorrow at Walmart in Anderson where you are meeting your fans. Good luck with the 53 roster.

I don't understand what you are saying but yet again I'm about everyone here getting along in our criticisms of fellow Gamecocks without the personal attacks. Now if you are Ben Boulware then I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings and I won't be able to meet you tomorrow at Walmart in Anderson where you are meeting your fans. Good luck with the 53 roster.

I believe I get along with everyone here. I just get so tired of politics being brought into everything. If you didn't mean that in your first post then my bad. I apologize.

Reactions: mavcock
I believe I get along with everyone here. I just get so tired of politics being brought into everything. If you didn't mean that in your first post then my bad. I apologize.
Not a problem, man. I just don't like his hair. I probably agree with about 50% of his politics, but at this juncture I do not like any politicians. They are in it for themselves. But I do like Carolina sports, on that we will agree? Go Cocks!

Reactions: atl-cock
Not a problem, man. I just don't like his hair. I probably agree with about 50% of his politics, but at this juncture I do not like any politicians. They are in it for themselves. But I do like Carolina sports, on that we will agree? Go Cocks!

Go Cocks!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT