ADVERTISEMENT

THIS IS the scary part...

I remember back around 2007 when the Florida Gators had just won not only two football championships but two Basketball Championships to go with it. Someone on here commented how terrible it must be to be a Florida State fan then. I had to agree.
4 years ago we were just coming off beating Clemson 5 times in a row.

Fortunes change. They will change again.

Maintaining a championship-caliber team and the attitude is even harder than building one from the start.

Reactions: ECtiger88
Maintaining a championship-caliber team and the attitude is even harder than building one from the start.
Gamecock football started on Christmas eve in Charleston 1892 against Furman. That was the first game. We got our first win in year 3 on November 2, 1895. Beat Clemson for the first time in 1896 in which case they went on a run and won the next 7 in a row....It may just be me, but that's a long damn time to be getting start3d on winning a championship. I think our battery maybe be dead

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpcooper
Well that's supposed to be Coach Booms specialty. I know he's focusing on it, but are we even seeing results? Seems like the damn gap is widening to me. Need to get that new locker room finished!

You do understand this was just his second full season, right? I have to laugh a bit at all the doom and gloom on here. This is a building process and if you think the gap is widening, then it might be time for an eye appointment. Was 3-9, and in 2 years under Muschamp, we have gone 6-7 and currently 8-4. That's not too shabby an improvement, and don't give me nothing about the schedule, we play what we are given.

You do understand this was just his second full season, right? I have to laugh a bit at all the doom and gloom on here. This is a building process and if you think the gap is widening, then it might be time for an eye appointment. Was 3-9, and in 2 years under Muschamp, we have gone 6-7 and currently 8-4. That's not too shabby an improvement, and don't give me nothing about the schedule, we play what we are given.
We are getting better but on the field it doesn't look like the gap is closing with the taters and I believe that is where the frustration is coming from

There are PLEANTY of Alums with money and athletics helps the rest of the college get better. It's time for changes in Coumbia

Please go back to Tigernet. You are a little too obvious. Your opening post gets liked by 30 people. 29 of them that have less than 10 posts. No Gamecock would say "you just won your 3rd ACC championship in a row and overtaken FSU for the most championships... If you were a Gamecock you'd point out it only took Clemson 40 more seasons to overtake FSU. No Gamecock would say "Trevor runs like a damn gazelle and has a cannon of an arm". I suppose you're talking about Trevor Lawrence who runs a 4.78 40. He's 6'5" and looks like he weighs around 165 lbs. I would be surprised if he's a starter in 2 years unless they put him on steroids. The obscure reference about P.J. Fleck, let me guess he must have heaped praises on Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: PizzaBuffet
It doesn't matter how it got this way (and it's been this way with the exception of five years forever) but USC has a bigger alumni base including the vast majority of lawyers, business people, and doctors in the state. It's inexcusable for it to continue.

Gamecock football started on Christmas eve in Charleston 1892 against Furman. That was the first game. We got our first win in year 3 on November 2, 1895. Beat Clemson for the first time in 1896 in which case they went on a run and won the next 7 in a row....It may just be me, but that's a long damn time to be getting start3d on winning a championship. I think our battery maybe be dead

It takes a real Chicken Little to bring up stuff from 130 years ago. Maybe you should take up knitting or something.

It's going to take a while to catch them, but we will at some point. Not that long ago, I remember thinking we has surpassed them as a program.

Reactions: myrtlecock
The taters are out in full force today. Hey since so many of you guys are here I’d like to ask y’all a serious question, what’s your guess for the O/U on the number of Clemson players failing drug tests before the game this year? I think there were 2 or 3 last season?

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
The taters are out in full force today. Hey since so many of you guys are here I’d like to ask y’all a serious question, what’s your guess for the O/U on the number of Clemson players failing drug tests before the game this year? I think there were 2 or 3 last season?
Deon Cain missed the playoff games 2 years ago (and Saban played his 2 guys who failed the same test and “handled their punishment in house”). I don’t remember anybody getting suspended last year. I’d be surprised if anybody missed games this year, but I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Any Gamecocks getting suspended? Hadn’t heard of any from either team. Austin Bryant missed the Sugar Bowl press conference today because the NCAA called him in for a random drug test. Seems like they could have done it before or after that event.

THIS was supposed to be their rebuilding year. The year they have poor QB play and lost 75% of their offense from last year. What is this team gonna look like in a year or 2 with Trevor who runs like a damn gazelle, has a pin point cannon arm and is tall enough to see the whole field? Bottoms up...whos pouring
Why don't you express your Orange ass over on Tater Net? I don't think we have a player or coach who fears Caitlyn Lawrence in a barroom fight or on the gridiron.

Deon Cain missed the playoff games 2 years ago (and Saban played his 2 guys who failed the same test and “handled their punishment in house”). I don’t remember anybody getting suspended last year. I’d be surprised if anybody missed games this year, but I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Any Gamecocks getting suspended? Hadn’t heard of any from either team. Austin Bryant missed the Sugar Bowl press conference today because the NCAA called him in for a random drug test. Seems like they could have done it before or after that event.

3 Clemson players failed drug tests and sent home prior to the 2016 game. 2 of the players were suspended for failed drug tests at least 1 game during the season, and the third player was held out of 1 game for violating team rules.

3 Clemson players failed drug tests and sent home prior to the 2016 game. 2 of the players were suspended for failed drug tests at least 1 game during the season, and the third player was held out of 1 game for violating team rules.

Any Player could get "georgiad...aka suspended" at any moment. Some just seem to excel at it.

I remember Cain. Probably the kicker, Lakip, but he was pretty forgettable since he hadn't played much at all that season, and I think around the playoff was when he got kicked off for good. Who was the third? Was there anybody suspended a year ago?

I remember Cain. Probably the kicker, Lakip, but he was pretty forgettable since he hadn't played much at all that season, and I think around the playoff was when he got kicked off for good. Who was the third? Was there anybody suspended a year ago?

Jay Jay McCullough

Obviously 3 or 4--quarterbacks KKKlempson has on its roster have no balls. Who wants to sit on the bench for 5-years while in college watching one or two quarterbacks get playing time.

Am I the only one here more worried about UGA then Clemson? Not sure if any one has noticed but they are in the National Semis and just wrapped up one of the better recruiting classes I've ever seen. We have to get past UGA before anyone one else in order to get where we want to be.

Am I the only one here more worried about UGA then Clemson? Not sure if any one has noticed but they are in the National Semis and just wrapped up one of the better recruiting classes I've ever seen. We have to get past UGA before anyone one else in order to get where we want to be.
THIS & the ones we are supposed to beat

Smart appears to be a recruiting machine. I'm still not fully sold on his coaching ability with a top-heavy, seasoned team and a relatively easy schedule this year, but maybe he's for real. I reckon he could prove it over the next two games. He may have won the lottery if Mayfield isn't playing at 100%.

maybe their boosters and fans are out giving $100 handshakes while yall are in here bitching about the problem, when yall are the problem....ever think about that? so, quit bitching and start handshaking if you wanna catch em that bad, and quit looking for someone else to rake over the coals, when you dont really know what they are,or are not doing...and while im on the subject, do yall think recruits dont check these boards out? im not sure one way or the other but why would they wanna come here after seeing the bs that you guys post? serious question....i truly believe a lot of you guys add to the problem....like it or not...

Why don’t y’all go kiss Clemson’s ASS on T-Nut...This is a Gamecock board!

I don't know who's pouring, but some of your tiggers are sure drinking the kool-aid. Trevor might just decide to go ahead with that reassignment procedure, since he already looks like Caitlyn Jenner. He won't beat out Bryant, rest assured. Get back to me next year .... he ain't that good!
@bdblack
You were saying? The first part of beating a problem is to admit you have one. This is exactly why this program is in the shape it is in...

Reactions: ChickenH8R
@bdblack
You were saying? The first part of beating a problem is to admit you have one. This is exactly why this program is in the shape it is in...

Let me reiterate, he ain't that good! I'm sure you tiggers are wanting to believe he'll lead you to glory this year but your little run is over now. Congrats on your two recent nattys, maybe you'll get another one in 35+ more years, but lets see how good fabia (fabio is actually a man) really is without that defense to take the pressure off and cover those mistakes (see the A&M game). If your team even sniffs the playoffs in 2020, like I sniff serious tigger pooh all over your posts, I'll personally apologize to you and your friends in tiggertown by bringing a gift of free sheep to save on grass cutting at the stadium. Oh, and feel free to save this post, since I'm sure you will. Check back in with me in late December, we'll compare notes then.

Last edited:
Reactions: PizzaBuffet
Let me reiterate, he ain't that good! I'm sure you tiggers are wanting to believe he'll lead you to glory this year but your little run is over now. Congrats on your two recent nattys, maybe you'll get another one in 35+ more years, but lets see how good fabia (fabio is actually a man) really is without that defense to take the pressure off and cover those mistakes (see the A&M game). If your team even sniffs the playoffs in 2020, like I sniff serious tigger pooh all over your posts, I'll personally apologize to you and your friends in tiggertown by bringing a gift of free sheep to save on grass cutting at the stadium. Oh, and feel free to save this post, since I'm sure you will. Check back in with me in late December, we'll compare notes then.

How much worse could this post have been before it was edited?!?!?!?

Wow...seems like a lot of you have thrown in the towel. I can't do it. Go Cocks! Beat Clemson!

Reactions: idohvac2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT