ADVERTISEMENT

This isn't an sec program

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the AD did not hire SB, then who the hell did? Ive heard this several times and no one answers who is hiring the coach.
Maybe Beamer just moved into the HC's office one day, and everyone just presumed he was indeed the HC.

I guess I should explain what I mean. In my opinion, we have to bounce back after a beating like we had Saturday in the very next game. If we don't bounce back and the loss lingers it has a mental effect and a team can lose confidence. As the season goes on It becomes more difficult to bring a team back mentally. In particular, the offense has to fix their issues if they want to become a good team.
Yeah, but if 3-2 going into Tennessee, won't that be pivotal? You can drop back to 3-3. Or you would be 4-2 with two game win streak going into an easy Vanderbilt game to be 5-2 going into A&M? I guess every game that isn't against a patsy or a Georgia/Alabama is pivotal.

Reactions: ansoncock
Are you suggesting the AD no longer has any say about football matters? Please explain to us why is the AD not relevant?
Because we just hired a coach. The AD only needs to raise money and open the checkbook for coach Beamer to spend whatever he needs to make it work. Buy another plane, more money for recruiting, another 5 ppl on staff, etc...

The AD only needs to raise money and open the checkbook for coach Beamer to spend whatever he needs to make it work. Buy another plane, more money for recruiting, another 5 ppl on staff, etc...
The biggest majority of universities hire an Athletic Director to make the coaching hires needed. Are you saying Ray Tanner is not the man doing that?

It's an SEC program but 7 out of 10 years a bottom teir one and the other 3 more of a middle teir. In any conference you got to have the big dogs who beat up on the little ones. Its more pronounced in the SEC. Its also next to impossible for the weak programs to ever catch the top ones. There's such a huge recruiting and talent gap aside from the occasional upset nothing changes.

The biggest majority of universities hire an Athletic Director to make the coaching hires needed. Are you saying Ray Tanner is not the man doing that?
He's the spokesman for the president, assistant AD, board of trustees, and himself. It's pretty much like that everywhere. And in our case, the board of trustees pretty much have the dominant say so here.

He's the spokesman for the president, assistant AD, board of trustees, and himself. It's pretty much like that everywhere. And in our case, the board of trustees pretty much have the dominant say so here.
Someone or people, in our football program has made a large stinking garbage pile of bad decisions since the day we entered the SEC almost 30 years ago. The buck keeps getting passed around as to who is responsible for this crap. The only time they got it right was the Spurrier hire, and he sort of fell into our lap. Right place, right time.

And no, this isnt in anyway an attack on our new coach. Even though he has no head coaching experience, I am pulling for him against all odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT