ADVERTISEMENT

This team will not reach the postseason...

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
Unless they improve dramatically. Maybe they will gel and play better, it based on how we are playing now, we look like a .500 team.

Unless they improve dramatically. Maybe they will gel and play better, it based on how we are playing now, we look like a .500 team.

This team will get better and better as the year goes on and as they gain game experience. Getting Bryant back will be huge. Give him some games to get his legs under him and he’s going to help tremendously.

This team will get better and better as the year goes on and as they gain game experience. Getting Bryant back will be huge. Give him some games to get his legs under him and he’s going to help tremendously.
He will help, but I’m not convinced there’s enough consistency on offense to be a real threat. I’m not sure more games will significantly change this.

Reactions: ddw1263
He will help, but I’m not convinced there’s enough consistency on offense to be a real threat. I’m not sure more games will significantly change this.[/QUOT

If we don’t learn how to shoot FTs We’re not gonna win much of anything.....We could put some games away with free-throw shooting

We are indeed improving dramatically!

UMass was not the complete team with a powerful inside game, but they had some really good players.

And top programs are falling all around us. UVA got beat by a mediocre at best Purdue team. We do need to beat Houston and the Taters. Then 11 or 12 in conference.

We are indeed improving dramatically!

UMass was not the complete team with a powerful inside game, but they had some really good players.
The SEC slate will include many tougher opponents than most we’ve played already. If we can’t hit FTs or be more consistent on offense, things will not go well for us.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Damn the season has just started. I agree with everything said about Tanner and Muschamp, but the bb team needs to play a couple-dozen games before you want to fire everyone. Is suppose to by Frank’s better teams
WTH Man, If Frank Martin does not make it to the NCAA this year, He should be GONE!! Frank's better teams?? How many times we heard this from SC Coaches?? I never advocated firing him now.. But he has had time to Build this program, he had ONE... ONE year of lightning in a bottle..

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
What’s sad is, going simply by the thread title alone, I had no idea which of our men’s sports team this was gonna be about........:(

But, as for the basketball team, I still have hope that they will gel and steadily improve as the season goes on. If they do, they have the potential to be solid this year and next.

Reactions: cockofdawn

Get better and better? This is supposed to be Franks' best team.

Hard to judge this team so far. But they don't have any good wins yet and they have 3 bad losses. Well, 2 bad losses (Boston & N. Iowa) and one loss to what is probably a pretty good Wichita team.

To start, there were only 2 starters back because Bryant was hurt. So you had Kotsar and Lawson. Moss and Minaya were hurt most of last year, Bolden and Couisnard were ineligible last year and Frink played hurt. We've played a lot of young/new players like Leveque and McClary to try and replace Silva in the post.

We need more continuity from year to year or we will continue to start out sloppy in November and December. But with his buyout I don't think Frank Martin will be fired this year or next unless we just completely collapse. Even then he won't be fired this year. Tanner has already shown that he likes to give coaches more chances.

Time will tell. Thought we made some good strides on offense at UMass. I don't get overly concerned about making shots early on in the season, but I do want to see us running an offense well. Thought we did some good things to get shots. Also thought we struggled early against the press but by the half we made their press our beotch. Lot of progress made. Defense looked better than it had so that's a plus. Still optimistic.

Get better and better? This is supposed to be Franks' best team.

did you ever play a sport? The goal is always to improve each week and get better.....the ones that do see positive results. The ones who don’t......well, as Gamecock fans we know that all to well.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The SEC slate will include many tougher opponents than most we’ve played already. If we can’t hit FTs or be more consistent on offense, things will not go well for us.

Agreed.

Last night there was less of the deer in headlights look, and more team chemistry. Mass was not a strong team, but with some really talented individuals. Our freshman just don't have much experience at this level.

Mucho reason for hope. Coach Frank is a really good coach. Just wish he would recruit better.

Reactions: 92Pony
Time will tell. Thought we made some good strides on offense at UMass. I don't get overly concerned about making shots early on in the season, but I do want to see us running an offense well. Thought we did some good things to get shots. Also thought we struggled early against the press but by the half we made their press our beotch. Lot of progress made. Defense looked better than it had so that's a plus. Still optimistic.
I still have hope. It's not easy to win on the road with an inexperienced team. UMass is probably the second best team we have played this year. (After Witchita) We hung on at the end for a good win. We could have missed those FTs and they had 6 seconds for a tie or even the win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT